Black Game Developers

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
My son is 13 and wants to develop games. I want to give him a head start can someone point in me the right direction. I know I can use google but I love my coil brehs n/h
Does your like making characters and stuff. I'm in school now for character moddeling and texturing, so I got a bunch of tutorials and stuff that I can link to

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
yes that would be appreciated..
Do you know which program he's interested in using, there are a couple of good ones like, Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, ZBrush, MudBox and others some are free and some have free versions. A lot of the principles can be used throughout each program, just the jargon may be different. ZBrush is straight up sculpting, but you would need to get a tablet like this:

PTH651_800x600_Gallery_3.jpg

He can use that in photoshop as well.

SolesKing305

@SobeSoles
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Do you know which program he's interested in using, there are a couple of good ones like, Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, ZBrush, MudBox and others some are free and some have free versions. A lot of the principles can be used throughout each program, just the jargon may be different. ZBrush is straight up sculpting, but you would need to get a tablet like this:

PTH651_800x600_Gallery_3.jpg

He can use that in photoshop as well.

To honest I'm just trying to give him a head start.. when he goes to high school next year he will be able to specialize in computers and coding and all that stuff.

He watches me run my businesses and i always stress to him that he needs to know what he wants to do in life and start working towards it now.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
I have a old tablet he could use. It's in decent shape.

Here's a link to get a bunch of tutorials and programs and other stuff for free.

cgpersia.com

They have a torrent section that has a fukkton of tutorials and programs.

Here are a couple of books and tutorial vids that I have that could help as well with game coding and programming:
1. Unity 3D Game Development by Example Beginner's Guide
2. Unity 3.X Scripting - Volodymyr Gerasimov
3.Digital-Tutors - Introduction to Scripting in Unity
4. 3dbuzz - Unity3d Fundamentals

I got some more stuff, if somebody could give me a way to upload stuff, I can upload some stuff I have in game coding and 3d art tutorials.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Daps
Added:

Marcus Terrell and Richard Terrell, developers of BaraBariBall which is part of the game collection "Sportsfriends" on PS3 and PS4

Scott Anderson, programmer of cancelled game "Shadow Physics"

Shawn Alexander Allen, developer of "Treachery in Beatdown City"

Daps
i'm a programmer, and would love to one day work in the games industry. when it comes to coding there's a hierarchy: there's the folks who use libraries like the way little kids use legos to create the game. the end result is impressive, but the work is comparatively low brow, compared to what the folks who actually create the game engines do. if you really want to fly with the eagles in the industry make sure you know your calculus, linear algebra, graph theory, etc.

Daps
i'm a programmer, and would love to one day work in the games industry. when it comes to coding there's a hierarchy: there's the folks who use libraries like the way little kids use legos to create the game. the end result is impressive, but the work is comparatively low brow, compared to what the folks who actually create the game engines do. if you really want to fly with the eagles in the industry make sure you know your calculus, linear algebra, graph theory, etc.

You don't have to know all that stuff unless you want to make game engines like you said. People make successful commercial games using tools like Game Maker.

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There were a few at Activision when I was there 3 years ago