Black Game Developers

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I want to do concept art/character modelling so bad, I'm actually teaching myself right now.

If you need/want any advice on dat front, you're more than welcome to hit me up. Any questions, critiques, or just any general inquiries about da field. (Specifically concept design/visual development). Breh:obama:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If you need/want any advice on dat front, you're more than welcome to hit me up. Any questions, critiques, or just any general inquiries about da field. (Specifically concept design/visual development). Breh:obama:

Word. You in the field breh? Who you with n shyt? I'm in school for it now, but I got a while before I'll be viable to the job market I'm sure.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Word. You in the field breh? Who you with n shyt? I'm in school for it now, but I got a while before I'll be viable to the job market I'm sure.

Lol Gonna have to forgive me for not puttin DAT kinda specific intel bout mahself out chea on da coli streets like dat, breh. You know how ignant cats can get once dey get a hold of any viable personal information on folks.

But I've been doin concept design work, professionally, for about 8 years now. I have done work for both film and video games. And do also do book illustration from time to time.

What specifically are you going to school for?

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Lol Gonna have to forgive me for not puttin DAT kinda specific intel bout mahself out chea on da coli streets like dat, breh. You know how ignant cats can get once dey get a hold of any viable personal information on folks.

But I've been doin concept design work, professionally, for about 8 years now. I have done work for both film and video games. And do also do book illustration from time to time.

What specifically are you going to school for?

Computer Information Sytems, focus on game design though.

Daps
My son is 13 and wants to develop games. I want to give him a head start can someone point in me the right direction. I know I can use google but I love my coil brehs n/h

Have him download Game Maker: https://www.yoyogames.com/studio/download

Then he can follow the built-in tutorials or the tutorials on the website. Also, this is a good tutorial, but I don't know if it's outdated at this point: http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=007b18ba2f42b0c9fd64a3ea2f263ce7&topic=3142.0

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I suppose so. I'm doing coding now, learning some languages. I'd hope to someday be a gaming director.

Gotcha.

Best of luck mang. I don't really know too much bout what kinda portfolio/demo reel/applicant requirements are needed for dat particular branch but if you need any resources to help you look for jobs in da gaming industry just shoot me a pm and I can drop you some info whenever you're ready. :smile:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Gotcha.

Best of luck mang. I don't really know too much bout what kinda portfolio/demo reel/applicant requirements are needed for dat particular branch but if you need any resources to help you look for jobs in da gaming industry just shoot me a pm and I can drop you some info whenever you're ready. :smile:

shyt, shoot me that info now. I'd probably keep an eye for damn near any type of position in the gaming industry.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
You do modeling? What program do you use? I'm thinking of using either 3ds max or Maya.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
You do modeling? What program do you use? I'm thinking of using either 3ds max or Maya.

No, I do concept design(concept art) work. I primarily use Painter, Photoshop, and good ol paper n pencils. But I am in da process of learning zbrush doe. :gladbron:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
No, I do concept design(concept art) work. I primarily use Painter, Photoshop, and good ol paper n pencils. But I am in da process of learning zbrush doe. :gladbron:
I know a little Mudbox and familiar with 3ds max, I'm trying to do 3d models.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
MarsPunka said:
I know a little Mudbox and familiar with 3ds max, I'm trying to do 3d models.

:ehh: Nice. You know dere are a ton of tutorials out dere for 3D modeling. Gnomon has a really nice selection:

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com

Some of em should be floatin around on torrents n shyt too.

Also eam tho cghub shut down a new spot is slowly taking it's place now:

http://www.artstation.com

For some inspiration. :smile:

Last edited: