black feminism/womanism thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And we've been steamrolled by whites, so I guess we should just let that rock?
whites/white patriarchy, what's the difference?

point is, you cant defeat a patriarchy without a patriarchy. that's going to a gun fight with a damn rubberband or something. the black community is at its weakest because our shyt has been dismantled and replaced with this pseudo matriarchy.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
whites/white patriarchy, what's the difference?

point is, you cant defeat a patriarchy without a patriarchy. that's going to a gun fight with a damn rubberband or something. the black community is at its weakest because our shyt has been dismantled and replaced with this pseudo matriarchy.
:laff: Defeat white supremacy/white patriarchy? That is never going to happen, and you know it. As long as there are whites that system will continue to exist. Creating a system of our own independent of theirs is a possible viable solution.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:laff: Defeat white supremacy/white patriarchy? That is never going to happen, and you know it. As long as there are whites that system will continue to exist. Creating a system of our own independent of theirs is a possible viable solution.
you cannot even defend or protect yourself from white supremacy/patriarchy without a patriarchy of your own, what is it you dont understand?

like i said earlier in this thread. even if whites ceased to exist, another groups patriarchy will come along and take its place. then what, miss womanist? how will combat that? with "woman empowerment"? aka bedwenching for the victor :heh:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
you cannot even defend or protect yourself from white supremacy/patriarchy without a patriarchy of your own, what is it you dont understand?

like i said earlier in this thread. even if whites ceased to exist, another groups patriarchy will come along and take its place. then what, miss womanist? how will combat that? with "woman empowerment"? aka bedwenching for the victor :heh:
Neither could the patriarchies of Africa, yet that doesn't stop you from trying to now. As for womanism you clearly have no idea. We don't hate men, and we realize that we need men to be our partners to equally (key word) run society. That's the society many of us want to create outside of white supremacy. I don't get how you all balk at being seen as inferior to whites, but you think women should be OK with being seen as inferior to men. And when have I ever advocated "bedwenching"?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Neither could the patriarchies of Africa, yet that doesn't stop you from trying to now. As for womanism you clearly have no idea. We don't hate men, and we realize that we need men to be our partners to equally (key word) run society. That's the society many of us want to create outside of white supremacy. I don't get how you all balk at being seen as inferior to whites, but you think women should be OK with being seen as inferior to men. And when have I ever advocated "bedwenching"?

but you just said africa was matriarchal as well. :what: look, fukk all that for a second. this is about america and what we're dealing with in 2015. without a stable patriarchy of our own, how will black women or blacks in general defend ourselves?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yall trip me out with this shyt. you want to be equalized to men, then hate the results. y'all hypocrites sit up here and cosign me and shoot daps when i say men are supposed to be providing for black women. promoting black women, shunning the one-drop rule and only considering black women--but yall completely fail to connect the pieces and realize THAT'S PATRIARCHY.

when yall end up with a higher percentage of dudes that dont care what race of women they place their seeds in, dont care about building legacies, consider providing for a woman simping; chick, you did it to yourselves; you all deserve it.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
but you just said africa was matriarchal as well. :what: look, fukk all that for a second. this is about america and what we're dealing with in 2015. without a stable patriarchy of our own, how will black women or blacks in general defend ourselves?
I said that black women help positions of power in precolonial Africa. What do you think this "stable patriarchy" would be doing to combat white supremacy in the US? We're only 12% of the population.
I never dapped you when you said that. Is this that Sotomayor stance you were talking about?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said that black women help positions of power in precolonial Africa. What do you think this "stable patriarchy" would be doing to combat white supremacy in the US? We're only 12% of the population.
I never dapped you when you said that. Is this that Sotomayor stance you were talking about?

a stable patriarchy, implying communities where black men actually run and control some shyt. where black men are financially fit, and we're able to employ other black people.

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb
Troll thread, but whatever. Black feminism has the right to define itself...let me know when it gets around to doing that. I know too many black feminists that are either single or with white/lightskin nonblack men. I don't hate, or dislike any woman for being single; that's her choice, but it's clear that lifestyle is not conductive to a thriving society. My opinion on interracial should be obvious. There were indeed female rulers throughout African history, but they were quite rare..like unicorns. There were plenty of female businesswomen, and the ilk, and I strongly and firmly support the right to our women to have whatever power they're capable of gaining. It can only be good for the race as a whole, and our women have shown that there are more individuals capable among them, than in many other races.

At the same time though, due to female nature, they always want to marry up. Until our men are uplifted the only way up, outside of celebrities, is out. I agree with an earlier poster in their statement that we should examine what does, and doesn't work, and build a system that balances out. Patriarchal guidance is a necessity. Forbidding whorish behavior (from both ends really), interracial, and cavorting with the unfit dregs of society must be enforced. At the same time, though, barefoot and pregnant doesn't have to be the model.

I am against the womanism movement, those who support it, and those who stand behind it. You can see it in their discussions, complaints about this, and that which always come back to blaming black men. Whenever they rarely complain about whites....its a lot more gentle. There is always an implicit, and unstated implication of the white savior. On Reddit's black community it's obvious.

The example of r/blackfellas vs r/blackladies. The fellas side is pretty slow in activity, and so is the ladies, but the ladies clearly see more activity. Recently there was an argument regarding the divide between the subs, black women shamed and laughed, while the black men (clearly mostly comprised of the 'beta' archetype) tried to be direct, and respectfully voiced their grievances. It ended in blackfellas being removed from blackladies related subs list (they were already one notch below hair), citing them as creepy losers, and complaing about them being obsessed with black women (should not a man worry for the collective state of his woman?). Meanwhile a thread every other day about dealing with their white friends, and what to do when their boyfriends family says something racially insensitive, and uplifting barely black looking breeds, and bigging up asians, and bigging up the right to be sluts without judgment, and pushing the YASSS GIRL POWER, which seems to me as being more like a psychological defense mechanism for not being distressed with the state of their race, nonstop whining about their treatment from white people. 'Hey white guys, look at us!!!!! PLEASE!!!' You can practically taste it. The desperation, the insecurity, and the loss of hope. I'm not disrespecting women for that, as there's a lot to be distressed about.

If you're fukking a white man you disgust me. If you're fukking an arab you disgust me (one of the females in this very thread is), if you're fukking anything than black it's a disgrace. The key to black power is a strong family structure, which doesn't have to mean cac style ball n chain, in which black male power and influence is primary. There is no other way; I just hope we're able to get in gear. As a young black man, simply being conscious of my collective surroundings gets depressing.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Womanist just want male attack dogs.you don't want no damn partnership.

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
tumblr_nnycfup8N31szl2uro1_1280.jpg

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
Troll thread, but whatever. Black feminism has the right to define itself...let me know when it gets around to doing that. I know too many black feminists that are either single or with white/lightskin nonblack men. I don't hate, or dislike any woman for being single; that's her choice, but it's clear that lifestyle is not conductive to a thriving society. My opinion on interracial should be obvious. There were indeed female rulers throughout African history, but they were quite rare..like unicorns. There were plenty of female businesswomen, and the ilk, and I strongly and firmly support the right to our women to have whatever power they're capable of gaining. It can only be good for the race as a whole, and our women have shown that there are more individuals capable among them, than in many other races.

At the same time though, due to female nature, they always want to marry up. Until our men are uplifted the only way up, outside of celebrities, is out. I agree with an earlier poster in their statement that we should examine what does, and doesn't work, and build a system that balances out. Patriarchal guidance is a necessity. Forbidding whorish behavior (from both ends really), interracial, and cavorting with the unfit dregs of society must be enforced. At the same time, though, barefoot and pregnant doesn't have to be the model.

I am against the womanism movement, those who support it, and those who stand behind it. You can see it in their discussions, complaints about this, and that which always come back to blaming black men. Whenever they rarely complain about whites....its a lot more gentle. There is always an implicit, and unstated implication of the white savior. On Reddit's black community it's obvious.

The example of r/blackfellas vs r/blackladies. The fellas side is pretty slow in activity, and so is the ladies, but the ladies clearly see more activity. Recently there was an argument regarding the divide between the subs, black women shamed and laughed, while the black men (clearly mostly comprised of the 'beta' archetype) tried to be direct, and respectfully voiced their grievances. It ended in blackfellas being removed from blackladies related subs list (they were already one notch below hair), citing them as creepy losers, and complaing about them being obsessed with black women (should not a man worry for the collective state of his woman?). Meanwhile a thread every other day about dealing with their white friends, and what to do when their boyfriends family says something racially insensitive, and uplifting barely black looking breeds, and bigging up asians, and bigging up the right to be sluts without judgment, and pushing the YASSS GIRL POWER, which seems to me as being more like a psychological defense mechanism for not being distressed with the state of their race, nonstop whining about their treatment from white people. 'Hey white guys, look at us!!!!! PLEASE!!!' You can practically taste it. The desperation, the insecurity, and the loss of hope. I'm not disrespecting women for that, as there's a lot to be distressed about.

If you're fukking a white man you disgust me. If you're fukking an arab you disgust me (one of the females in this very thread is), if you're fukking anything than black it's a disgrace. The key to black power is a strong family structure, which doesn't have to mean cac style ball n chain, in which black male power and influence is primary. There is no other way; I just hope we're able to get in gear. As a young black man, simply being conscious of my collective surroundings gets depressing.
nothing is troll about this thread. this is about trying to discuss black feminism/womanism, and the different discourses on the topic.
if you dont agree with feminism, why are you here?
same reason atheists be in the religious threads.. their pseudo-arrogant self righteous feelings won't let other people live without them inserting their opinion. but, in their critiques, it allows perople who believe in feminism to respond, share, and show why a black feminism/womanism thread is needed. :yeshrug:

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
can you drop some links for some good reading on inclusive black womanism? :feedme:

I think discussions on female anything in non-female spaces on the internet end up like this :wow:
it's always been this way too, whats up with that
I am about to start back reading Sister Citizen by Melissa Harris-Perry; are you looking more for contemporary stuff or do you already have the foundational readings down? Let me know, i got links to online pdf's that we use in class as well.