Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
If Black men aren't submissive and spineless why are Black men still living under the rule of the people who enslaved them, that doesn't seem all that "masculine" to me?

:lupe:

The white man has a more loyal woman

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I Dont think that's the case. Black men are forced to fit this tough stereotype, super macho machismo, thug. Its not like white people, they can be who they wanna be.
This is a lie. These days it's the exact opposite where black men are taught that being effeminate is what's up and those who push back against that are shamed and labeled homophobic. Seriously, where have you been the last 10 years? They've literally flipped the script.
I'd argue that Black women are more loyal to Black men than any other women on the planet.

:francis:
Of course you would, you're a black feminist. That's half of the lie that your ideology is built on. The other part of that lie is "............and black men aren't loyal to us so fukk 'em."

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a lie. These days it's the exact opposite where black men are taught that being effeminate is what's up and those who push back against that are shamed and labeled homophobic. Seriously, where have you been the last 10 years? They've literally flipped the script.
I just don't see it tbh.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I just don't see it tbh.
Start opening your eyes then.
Crossdressing-collage-1.jpg

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
This is just a side effect of feminist thought, large swathes of feminist believe masculinity in itself to be toxic and an artificial trait created and fostered by a patriarchal society. Google "toxic masculinity"

They're highly invested in men acting similar to women because it supports their political ideology and social worldview. They believe the world would be a better place if men behaved more like women.

It's just very goofy for people to complain about the violent and toxic nature of masculinity while simultaneously reaping the benefits of it in a country that was built on macro level acts mirroring "toxic masculinity"

If you feel like black men get it the hardest it probably true because, black men are often seen as hypermasculine, and if masculinity is bad, then hyper masculinity is very very bad and left wingers whether black or white have to be very proactive and work overtime to dismantle the chains of masculinity that are currently "oppressing" black males :mjpls:. Cause god knows the average black male can't actually like and want to be the way they are.

I could never understand how any black male could be a staunch liberal, when the average black male is seen as being "wrong" by liberal thought. Like conservatives are for the most part against blacks as well, but we call out black conservatives. Black liberals are just as bad. Who knows a large of amount of black liberals outside the internet?

Last edited:

Aufheben

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere
That wasn't the point of the article in any way. I get that the collective IQ around here is lower than 100, and that most of you all don't have deeper thoughts than "mah dikk my big dikk that every man envies and wants me strong masculine rah", but that's not a problem for the rest of us, so my sympathy is light when it comes to you all not being able to understand complex ideas.

@Always-Right Liggins

how long do we have to put up with this racist poster breh :patrice:i invite all of the brehs to report this as well :scust:

as far as the article goes: as other people have pointed out, this woman neglects to factor in the racist history of black men being portrayed as the clueless buffoon :martin:

and i'm sure she could understand the displeasure a black woman might have if yet another black actress was made to play as the "sassy sista" or big mammy matriarch instead of the various other experiences black women have :sas1:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
How bout the movie not pump fake and actually market that Finn was gone be the butt of jokes throughout that way I know I could have saved my $8.75 and not watch it untill the DL was out, But that's not what they did, they marketed that nikka as someone he was not, he was a bumbling idiot throughout the movie whose character sole purpose was a device meant to developed Rey, So fukk anyone who loves the character and defends it including this journalist.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
@Always-Right Liggins

how long do we have to put up with this racist poster breh :patrice:i invite all of the brehs to report this as well :scust:

as far as the article goes: as other people have pointed out, this woman neglects to factor in the racist history of black men being portrayed as the clueless buffoon :martin:

and i'm sure she could understand the displeasure a black woman might have if yet another black actress was made to play as the "sassy sista" or big mammy matriarch instead of the various other experiences black women have :sas1:
Interesting point.

It does look like she doesnt understand a black mans point of view.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Finn just a human jar jar binks

How bout the movie not pump fake and actually market that Finn was gone be the butt of jokes throughout that way I know I could have saved my $8.75 and not watch it untill the DL was out, But that's not what they did, they marketed that nikka as someone he was not, he was a bumbling idiot throughout the movie whose character sole purpose was a device meant to developed Rey, So fukk anyone who loves the character and defends it including this journalist.