Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
@Always-Right Liggins

how long do we have to put up with this racist poster breh :patrice:i invite all of the brehs to report this as well :scust:

as far as the article goes: as other people have pointed out, this woman neglects to factor in the racist history of black men being portrayed as the clueless buffoon :martin:

and i'm sure she could understand the displeasure a black woman might have if yet another black actress was made to play as the "sassy sista" or big mammy matriarch instead of the various other experiences black women have :sas1:
The ignore function works swimmingly well, and I am not a racist.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
it's always "just jokes" and "trolling" when poor behavior is pointed out, no different than white people copping the same pleas when we point out the disproportionate amount of racism in comment sections and social media.

Yes, there are people "doing it right" but those people's actions don't render stereotypes invalid.
I never said it was all fun and jokes but its funny when some of you pick and choose when to come out with your highlighters to form your generalizations

Y'all wait for those stereotypes to pop up as a way to validate your skewed negative ideas and TLR is the place where it's the easiest to source that bs

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a bit depressing that you folks scour the internet looking for things to be upset about. You're only giving this author/blogger more power by giving her traffic hits. Someone on the first page hit the money on the head. This article, written by a black woman, got approved by a white publication precisely because it's detrimental to black people. The author, Jenee Osterheldt, appears to be a hack as she has written equally stupid articles in the past. Even whites in the comment section don't approve of her:

She is basing this on Kanye West, Will Smith's son and her unhealthy obsession with celebrities and tabloids. Tell me if I'm wrong but I think Osterheldt is very shallow and without a clue. I've emailed her in the past to ask what was up with her condoning stupid things like beauty pageants, toddlers in beauty pageants, Kim Kardashian, etc, etc. Of course she never emailed me back because she can't defend that stupid crap. People like Jenee Osterheldt is what's wrong with my generation. Stop watching reality tv, stop taking selfies, stop obsessing about celebrities and go talk to some Real people.

Also her last name is Osterheldt. That doesn't sound like a black man to me. Sounds.....Germany? I'm guessing she's biracial. Here are some pics:

yYnxDgRP.jpg

jenee.jpg

Jenee-Osterheldt1.jpg

Jenee-with-Shelan-Kaky-120415.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Aufheben

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere
If Black men aren't submissive and spineless why are Black men still living under the rule of the people who enslaved them, that doesn't seem all that "masculine" to me?

:lupe:
and wtf is this shyt? :patrice:

this ya man @Poitier ? :mjpls:

called oppressed classes submissive and spineless for being oppressed and still claim to be pro black :mjlol:

the one peanut head nikka that was runnin around calling everyone an "agent" might as well be a damn "agent" himself :sas1:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Interesting point.

It does look like she doesnt understand a black mans point of view.

Jenee is a half-breed. Her mama is black, and her daddy is German.
She's written that before.

She's the pop culture writer. She writes about whatever movie is popular, Harry Potter books,
and pumpskin spice lattes for the section of the paper that has the funnies in it.

I say all that to say, I don't know if she gets that deep.

Edit - my bad, I got her parents mixed up (no pun intended)...her mama is the German one.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Jenee is a half-breed. Her mama is black, and her daddy is German.
She's written that before.

She's the pop culture writer. She writes about whatever movie is popular, Harry Potter books,
and pumpskin spice lattes for the section of the paper that has the funnies in it.

I say all that to say, I don't know if she gets that deep.
That explains a lot. She wont know shyt about black men with that set up.

Does she at least have a black bf?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
It's a bit depressing that you folks scour the internet looking for things to be upset about. You're only giving this author/blogger more power by giving her traffic hits. Someone on the first page hit the money on the head. This article, written by a black woman, got approved by a white publication precisely because it's detrimental to black people. The author, Jenee Osterheldt, appears to be a hack as she has written equally stupid articles in the past. Even whites in the comment section don't approve of her:

Also her last name is Osterheldt. That doesn't sound like a black man to me. Sounds.....Germany? I'm guessing she's biracial. Here are some pics:

yYnxDgRP.jpg

jenee.jpg

Jenee-Osterheldt1.jpg

Jenee-with-Shelan-Kaky-120415.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I noticed her name too, and she has a white mother who was most likely didnt marry that black man hense her cacciest cac name

kidz_jam_002new.jpg

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
and wtf is this shyt? :patrice:

this ya man @Poitier ? :mjpls:

called oppressed classes submissive and spineless for being oppressed and still claim to be pro black :mjlol:

the one peanut head nikka that was runnin around calling everyone an "agent" might as well be a damn "agent" himself :sas1:

"oppressed classes",

:russell:

why are Black people an "oppressed class", and what are the so-called "masculine" Black men doing to change that besides blaming everything from Black women to articles of clothing?

:lupe:

Aufheben

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Nowhere
why are Black people an "oppressed class"

:mjlol:this is a question i'd expect from a cac on yahoo comments. go kill yaself, you c00n :scust:

2016 and c00ns running around asking how blacks in america are oppressed :russ:

and i aint even gon run down the list of black academics, black activists and black organizations and institutions doing good work in our communities, cuz if you actually cared about black people, and not just runnin ya mouth, you would know about the work that's being done :camby:

b-b-but i'm pro black y'all :russ::russ::mjlol:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I think a lot of hyper masculinity, with some black dudes, goes back to not having a father. I said this in that thread about Jaden--that he probably feels validated by his father in a way that I don't think you can if you grow up without one. Its almost like black dudes who don't have fathers are on a mission to prove to the world that they are manly men when they have no real idea of what a real man is or looks like. And as I've said before, these fatherless black males ARE emotional. Super emotional. Often times, though, this emotion gets expressed in the form of anger and rage.

The world is a cruel and ruthless place. Look at every group of men they are hyper masculine. The arabs are ruthless agai st their enemies see the wars in Iraq, Yemen and Syria. White europeans ruled the world through ruthless efficiency and brutality oppressing non whites. In this world there isnt time to be emotional or getting in touch of our feelings. Its a dog eat dog world where only the strong and ruthless survive. If you show weakness then you are food. Yes there can be pockets of effeminate black men but why should the ENTIRE group of black to be touching their effeminate side? Hell no!
Many woman are right to say we dont provide enough so they can act like loyal feminine womalen cuz we fail to protect our community. But how the hell you want us to do that but act effeminate? Makes no sense. Its a cruel world and only the strong survive.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
:mjlol:this is a question i'd expect from a cac on yahoo comments. go kill yaself, you c00n :scust:

2016 and c00ns running around asking how blacks in america are oppressed :russ:

and i aint even gon run down the list of black academics, black activists and black organizations and institutions doing good work in our communities, cuz if you actually cared about black people, and not just runnin ya mouth, you would know about the work that's being done :camby:

b-b-but i'm pro black y'all :russ::russ::mjlol:

I didn't ask "how" Black people are oppressed, I asked "why", why are all these masculine Black males allowing themselves to be oppressed by another group, why aren't Black people oppressing whites instead considering all the masculine men we have in our community?