Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO

Gotta agree with pretty much everything you said except for the phase out. I don't think that will happen for another 10yrs

But yeah.. there really wasn't anything redeemable about Finn. Like the writers must have said.. let the black dude be the buffoon jobber so the mary sue main character will look better. The fact that those white fans that had a problem before the movie, didn't have a problem after... should pretty much clue anyone black in:manny:
Breh, concerning the phasing part: black people arent being portrayed in major motion pictures like they were in the 80s and 90s. We dont see new franchises like Becerly Hills Cop or Lethal Weapon (other then Bad Boys). Denzel is getting older and we still dont have a replacement. Wesely Snipes is older as well and has been tainted. I really dont see a young martial artist with acting talent as his replacement (Lateef Chowder cant act like Snipes).

Kevin Hart is trying hard to be the next Eddie Murphey but he is no where as well rounded as he is.

Hollywood is trying hard to stuff Tyler Perry as a leading black male. Maybe Michael B Jordan will be the next blsck A-list actor but I dont see him commanding a presence on the screen like Denzel, Sam, or Idris. Hell I gotta watch a BBC show, Luther, to see a intelligent black male using his brain to solve problems. Rosewood is another show. But thatz it.

Blacks will be regulated to cowardly sambo roles, comedy relief, or bedwench roles. I see it in various shows today, if they even have any blsck characters. Its no coicedence that the highest rated tv show, Big Bang Theory, has no regular black actors.

Kwéyòl

Moon walking seeing moon people
Daps
Reppin
St.Lucia,Dominica n St.Croix
nikkas already wear tight ass jeans and jogger that look like legging. Seen nikkas wear uggs boots and pink swear so why the fukk not. nikkas already look like they wearing they girls jeans so why not :yeshrug:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Women have a strong influence on what is considered masculine or not. Stronger than men b/c your lives usually revolve around pssy.

There it is. That's that inflated sense of power and control over black males and our capabilities as leaders.

It's always going to come down to dikk, p*ssy and sex in these conversations, but gender roles and masculinity is so much more deeper.

But naw, "nikkas" are only reduced to p*ssy hounds. Simple, base, hypersexual beasts.

fukk power structure and the negative implications of having a weak effeminate males. It's all about p*ssy :francis:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I think a lot of hyper masculinity, with some black dudes, goes back to not having a father. I said this in that thread about Jaden--that he probably feels validated by his father in a way that I don't think you can if you grow up without one. Its almost like black dudes who don't have fathers are on a mission to prove to the world that they are manly men when they have no real idea of what a real man is or looks like. And as I've said before, these fatherless black males ARE emotional. Super emotional. Often times, though, this emotion gets expressed in the form of anger and rage.
Equate having a father as being free to be homosexual brehs. This is, by far the dumbest post Ive ever read on this goddamn forum. fukk u and the bytch who dapped this post. Negged

Last edited:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
There it is. That's that inflated sense of power and control over black males and our capabilities as leaders.

It's always going to come down to dikk, p*ssy and sex in these conversations, but gender roles and masculinity is so much more deeper.

But naw, "nikkas" are only reduced to p*ssy hounds. Simple, base, hypersexual beasts.

fukk power structure and the negative implications of having a weak effeminate males. It's all about p*ssy :francis:

it IS all about p*ssy with a lot of these dudes, nikkas on the coli won't do anything for a woman in fear that another man who's having sex with her might be getting the p*ssy without having to do anything.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Bed wench" or not she's clearly perpetuating the agenda to effeminize black men. With this story being posted on the Kansas City Star she's clearly not making her case to black men, the people who she's actually referring to. White people aren't the ones making the complaints that she's dismissing here.
I Dont think that's the case. Black men are forced to fit this tough stereotype, super macho machismo, thug. Its not like white people, they can be who they wanna be.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Finn was the fukking hero of the film .

Breh was the fukking first one to use Luke's fukking Lightsaber for fukks sake :wow:

Some black people were never going to be happy unless FINN was the main character,or some sort of Jedi Master like Mace Windu :francis:
Tariq admitted that he didn't understand Star Wars. I was on his side until I actually watched the movie. He wasn't a c00n, in context given the history of Storm Troopers he showed heart despite the "brainwashing" by the first order and in the accompanying book it explains Finn and shows why he's a hero. But ... you are talking to a brick wall for the most part here... as with most forums fit in and agree or be forced to conform or leave.

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Equate having father as being free to be homosexual brehs. This is, by far the dumbest post Ive ever read on this goddamn forum. fukk u and the bytch who dapped this post. Negged
Lol. Snapped

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
it IS all about p*ssy with a lot of these dudes, Q on the coli won't do anything for a woman in fear that another man who's having sex with her might be getting the p*ssy without having to do anything.

I'm out right now, so I can't really delve into this the way I want to but:

Why is it so easy for you and others to use a forum where people come to shoot the shyt and joke to paint us, but totally ignore the blacks out here grinding and disproving the stereotypes that we have amongst ourselves

Nobody seems to want to celebrate and prop up the ones doing it right

You people want to believe that the worst of us is all there is

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I'm out right now, so I can't really delve into this the way I want to but:

Why is it so easy for you and others to use a forum where people come to shoot the shyt and joke to paint us, but totally ignore the blacks out here grinding and disproving the stereotypes that we have amongst ourselves

Nobody seems to want to celebrate land prop up the ones doing it right

You people want to believe that the worst of us is all there is

it's always "just jokes" and "trolling" when poor behavior is pointed out, no different than white people copping the same pleas when we point out the disproportionate amount of racism in comment sections and social media.

Yes, there are people "doing it right" but those people's actions don't render stereotypes invalid.