Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
That wasn't the point of the article in any way. I get that the collective IQ around here is lower than 100, and that most of you all don't have deeper thoughts than "mah dikk my big dikk that every man envies and wants me strong masculine rah", but that's not a problem for the rest of us, so my sympathy is light when it comes to you all not being able to understand complex ideas.

Yo, what the fukk is wrong with you? You're weird as fukk...

M.O.N.E.Y.

No lie
Daps
The problem with a lot of black people, in this case black men, is that we have been the medias laughing stock for so long that any thing that could perceived as a slight is worthy of ire.

If you're not writing a black character that plays up the characters intelligence, strength, etc. then you're not taking a positive step to undo how we're perceived.

Finn is interesting. Here is a black character who will be in the biggest franchise the world has known. He was marketed as a god damn Jedi. We already had S.L. Jackson play a jedi, but not a lead one, right next to a white chick doing the leading for once.
I guess a lot of black men saw it as a vessel to present to the world an image of our might; who was strong, could lead, and could get the white girl. On world-stage!

When the character could not live up to that all hell broke lose. If Finn was played by Zac Efron i bet the character wouldn't receive so much criticism. We're just not used to a lead black fantasy character either not being hyper-masculine, or playing the comedic side-kick role.

Objectively, he was a typical young, inexperienced, but nevertheless brave character. He will clearly step up. But because he couldn't be everything we fantasise him to be, he's useless in the task of undoing that old image that we feel the world has of us.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
we got our own style that we prefer :childplease: as far as the emotional development of black characters within media in general, I don't have any reservations about it as long as its done in a redeeming way. Like as in the guy was a coward but learned to have heart in the end kind of sounds like that movie Creed, still haven't seen it yet :wow:

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
Finn was the fukking hero of the film .

Breh was the fukking first one to use Luke's fukking Lightsaber for fukks sake :wow:

Some black people were never going to be happy unless FINN was the main character,or some sort of Jedi Master like Mace Windu :francis:

Its bad enough we had to deal with white people's shyt and now he's gotta deal with negative reactions from black people.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Honestly i have been taught as a man i have to show strength, decisiveness, and be show little emotion because when shyt pops off your wife and children will look up to you as the source of stability and strength. And this is even worse when you are black in america since we are in the belly of the beast surrounded by people who wants us in mass graves.

Yep. It's like black men now have to be c00ns or indecisive men. Black men of yesteryear were the polar opposite.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Honestly i have been taught as a man i have to show strength, decisiveness, and be show little emotion because when shyt pops off your wife and children will look up to you as the source of stability and strength. And this is even worse when you are black in america since we are in the belly of the beast surrounded by people who wants us in mass graves.

I know alot of black women probably mean well, but women shouldn't have to speak up for us and have a say about our manhood

That's why we have homosexuals and the LGBT community leading movements and black women being the sole head of households too often

We can refine our masculinity without snipping it away and throwing glitter on it

I take mental notes on how lots of black males (16-30's) don't even look people in the eye when they talk vs. Everyone else that does it. Same age, same gender. Sad

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
I agree with the general point of the article, but not every statement. I do think that black men should be allowed to show more emotion without getting criticized for it. Too many people in society expect black men to be robotic

AintNoCrampInYaMouthTho

Her: I'm On My Monthly :Wakaokay: Your Mouth Not
Daps
Hate to say but some of what she saying is true. You had brehs on here complain about Finns character not being no hero or looking weak. Then you have some brehs saying why can't they show emotions. shyt that be the main topic in them bedwench threads , for a black female to like you have to be this and that, while the pale breh can be anything:manny:

:ufdup:But I don't agree with that feminine agenda they trying to push. Like its a bad thing to be a manly breh :huhldup: