Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Let me break this bullshyt down, yall:

This is a problem. Why can't we have both?

No. The problem is THE WAY black men are being portrayed COMPARED to white males in the same film. There was NOTHING redeemable about FInn in the movie. NOT ONE THING WHATSOEVER. The problem is that YOU dont see the propaganda being pushed down black people's throats. Finn COULD have had SOME cowardly moments. To make his character more believable. But he was SUPPOSED to be a soldier and a ELITE one at that. He was intentionally portrayed as a bungling, cowardly, c00ning buffoon, not a masculine, intelligent male. There are many types of lead males. If you LOOK at ANY action movie the past 10 years, the white males ALWAYS had some redeeming quality about them, even if he had a "checkered past" or did something fukked up in the beginning. He WILL overcome his demons and WIN the respect of his love interest. FInn did NONE of that. Bu bu bu it's the first movie. Nah, even Luke redeeemed himself at the end. Finn was unconscious and didn't even CELEBRATE with his conrades.

I don't understand the criticisms of Finn. Dude is a youngin who was scared, yet still stepped up.
As I sadi previously, he was a SOLDIER. There has not been one SERIOUS soldier character that has been a lead or secondary character character in recent memory that was portrayed as aweful as this Finn character. NONE.

What would you rather have had? A denzel who is automatically ready to scrap?
Have you SEEN any Denzel movie?? ALL his characters commanded the presence of the audience. They were ALL intelligent or inspiring. NOT Finn. He neither commanded the attention or the screen.

Guess what, theres plenty of films with those black characters.
And thats the problem. nikkas are being phased out of Hollywood already and we still want to see some bafoon being portrayed on screen. :dead:

Finn was different because he was a black man that got to play a normal, non-stereotyped character. He was great because i could see a white person playing him just as easily. We need more of them, rather than characters being rewritten simply to incorporate a black actor.

Wrong, we need more INTELLIGENT and RESPECTFUL black characters being portrayed on screen. Finn showed NO intelligent qualities. He didn't even know anything about munitions. FOH.

What black people need in the media as much as hero fantasy tropes is to be normalised. For too long we've either been hyper masculine, or goofy scary movie cowards. It's time we get to be in middle like everyone else.

And Finn wasn't a goofy coward?? :dead:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That wasn't the point of the article in any way. I get that the collective IQ around here is lower than 100, and that most of you all don't have deeper thoughts than "mah dikk my big dikk that every man envies and wants me strong masculine rah", but that's not a problem for the rest of us, so my sympathy is light when it comes to you all not being able to understand complex ideas.
Ur a st0rmfr0nt plant and a white male posing as a black girl

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I didnt watch star wars anyway. Besides i dont get the hate for Finn. Its just one movie. We still got Black Panther :blessed:, and. Will Smith playing as Deadshot in Suicide Squad:blessed:. So its just one movie there is plenty of films coming out showing other black men in the masculine light.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Im just :dead: because every single female who posted here has a innate desire to see black men emasculated.

I've never seen other nonblack (not white) women who wants to see their own men emasculated for the world to see. The women who post here are the same ones who will be raising black males brehs.
And yall still simp for them!?? :bryan:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
"Why can't we let black men be human?"

I get what he's talking about. You guys get called gay a lot for the littlest things by black women and other black men.

If you hug your bestfriend you're gay, go on a trip with your male friends and share a hotel room, gay, care about the way you look, gay, care about the way the women you would/wouldn't be attracted look, gay, interested in pop culture, gay, take care of your hair, gay, cry, gay, express feelings in certain ways, gay, get revenge gay, reject a woman, gay, argue with a woman, gay, watch certain shows gay.

Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay

Wearing women's clothes and being a weak, dishonest coward, you might as well be a fakkit

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Honestly i have been taught as a man i have to show strength, decisiveness, and be show little emotion because when shyt pops off your wife and children will look up to you as the source of stability and strength. And this is even worse when you are black in america since we are in the belly of the beast surrounded by people who wants us in mass graves.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Hold on, Finn was an issue? I don't understand the problem to be honest, dude was a soldier that was going through serious conflicts about what was "right". He was also for all intents a private, not a battle hardened vet. You throw a young dude out there in a war zone and he comes to a realization that he might be fighting on the wrong side, how do you think he would behave?

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
Hold on, Finn was an issue? I don't understand the problem to be honest, dude was a soldier that was going through serious conflicts about what was "right". He was also for all intents a private, not a battle hardened vet. You throw a young dude out there in a war zone and he comes to a realization that he might be fighting on the wrong side, how do you think he would behave?
Read the Tariq Finn thread.
It's gold.