Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

M.O.N.E.Y.

No lie
Daps
You have to realized why would a white publication would even allow a black female to publish anything concerning black men while not being detrimental to them.

It is because this article IS low-key c00ning

She is celebrating and ENCOURAGING black men in major films, to be COWARDLY. That's why the editor ran the piece.

No, in this day in age, black men CANNOT be cowardly.

She mentions racists were mad because Finn was black. Then she said that PEOPLE (IE black people) were mad because he wasnt a strong black male. What she omit to mention is that the racist WERE NOT mad when Star Wars came out because he was portrayed as the total opposite of what they FEARED.

Look at Gotham. The lead protagonist, Det Gordon, is a white male who takes chances, brazen, bold, not afraid to push the ladder, threaten corrupt superiors, go after the bad guys, and go against the grain of the corrupt police force, EVEN IF HE IS ALONE IN DOING SO. Not to mention his MULTIPLE love interests. I dont think he ever cried in season 1. As idealistic and one sided this character is, THAT IS THE POINT OF HIS PORTRAYAL. THIS is what Black males should be portrayed as. NOT LIKE FINN who was seen as a buffoon, running away, looking up to other people, and chasing a girl who was NOT interested in him.

Her reasoning of Finn being scared is ASININE. Of course humans become scared. But to make a driving point in a major action picture is stupid. If he was white, he would have been portrayed much differently.

Yes, she is low-key c00ning. She doesnt like the masculine, high-testosterone black male action stars of yesteryear. SHe is encouraging MORE portrayals like Kevin Hart and Finn and even a feminized Jaden Smith. Nah b, I'll take Michael Jae White characters in action movies over cowardly Kevin Hart movies in a heartbeat. :camby:

This is a problem. Why can't we have both? Why is it always a binary with one side demanding hyper masculinity, and another a gumbel type clown?

I don't understand the criticisms of Finn. Dude is a youngin who was scared, yet still stepped up. What would you rather have had? A denzel who is automatically ready to scrap? Guess what, theres plenty of films with those black characters. Finn was different because he was a black man that got to play a normal, non-stereotyped character. He was great because i could see a white person playing him just as easily. We need more of them, rather than characters being rewritten simply to incorporate a black actor.

What black people need in the media as much as hero fantasy tropes is to be normalised. For too long we've either been hyper masculine, or goofy scary movie cowards. It's time we get to be in middle like everyone else.

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps
If you hate on Finn for not being Superman, you a hoe nikka straight up. Idc what Tariq Nasheed said. Without Finn, they'd never find Luke or blow up the new Death Star. It all started with that nikka telling the First Order to go fukk themselves

fukk the haters, John Boyega's deal on that next film gonna set the breh straight for life. He deserves it :salute:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
If you hate on Finn for not being Superman, you a hoe nikka straight up. Idc what Tariq Nasheed said. Without Finn, they'd never find Luke or blow up the new Death Star. It all started with that nikka telling the First Order to go fukk themselves

fukk the haters, John Boyega's deal on that next film gonna set the breh straight for life. He deserves it :salute:
Thanks fakkit

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Insightful article. Can't wait to read the next thread bytching about the "pressures" of being male and lack of emotional support system while reading the macho macho trash in this. :dead:
3798962-4724566330-379887.jpeg

Giselle

Daps
"Why can't we let black men be human?"

I get what he's talking about. You guys get called gay a lot for the littlest things by black women and other black men.

If you hug your bestfriend you're gay, go on a trip with your male friends and share a hotel room, gay, care about the way you look, gay, care about the way the women you would/wouldn't be attracted look, gay, interested in pop culture, gay, take care of your hair, gay, cry, gay, express feelings in certain ways, gay, get revenge gay, reject a woman, gay, argue with a woman, gay, watch certain shows gay.

Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Insightful article. Can't wait to read the next thread bytching about the "pressures" of being male and lack of emotional support system while reading the macho macho trash in this. :dead:

Wait so you want want black men wear women jeans like those hipster cac weirdos? :heh:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Racism / Race Baiting
Wait so you want want black men wear women jeans like those hipster cac weirdos? :heh:
That wasn't the point of the article in any way. I get that the collective IQ around here is lower than 100, and that most of you all don't have deeper thoughts than "mah dikk my big dikk that every man envies and wants me strong masculine rah", but that's not a problem for the rest of us, so my sympathy is light when it comes to you all not being able to understand complex ideas.