Black female journalist asks why Black men can't wear their GF's jeans like white hipster men?

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You have to realized why would a white publication would even allow a black female to publish anything concerning black men while not being detrimental to them.

It is because this article IS low-key c00ning

She is celebrating and ENCOURAGING black men in major films, to be COWARDLY. That's why the editor ran the piece.

No, in this day in age, black men CANNOT be cowardly.

She mentions racists were mad because Finn was black. Then she said that PEOPLE (IE black people) were mad because he wasnt a strong black male. What she omit to mention is that the racist WERE NOT mad when Star Wars came out because he was portrayed as the total opposite of what they FEARED.

Look at Gotham. The lead protagonist, Det Gordon, is a white male who takes chances, is brazen, cocky, not afraid to push the ladder, threaten corrupt superiors, go after the bad guys, and go against the grain of the corrupt police force, EVEN IF HE IS ALONE IN DOING SO. Not to mention he has MULTIPLE love interests. I dont think he ever cried in season 1. As idealistic and one-sided this character is, THAT IS THE POINT OF HIS PORTRAYAL. THIS is what Black males should be portrayed as. NOT LIKE FINN who was seen as a buffoon, running away, looking up to other people, and chasing a girl who was NOT interested in him.

Her reasoning of Finn being scared is ASININE. Of course humans become scared. But to make a driving point in a major action picture is stupid. If he was white, he would have been portrayed much differently.

Yes, she is low-key c00ning. She doesn't like the masculine, high-testosterone black male action stars of yesteryear. SHe is encouraging MORE portrayals like Kevin Hart and Finn and even a feminized Jaden Smith. Nah b, I'll take Michael Jae White's characters in action movies over cowardly Kevin Hart movies in a heartbeat. :camby:

Well said.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Bed wench" or not she's clearly perpetuating the agenda to effeminize black men. With this story being posted on the Kansas City Star she's clearly not making her case to black men, the people who she's actually referring to. White people aren't the ones making the complaints that she's dismissing here.

Nope whites aren't making the complete but this lady is sure pandering to them with this ignorant as article.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
If you hate on Finn for not being Superman, you a hoe nikka straight up. Idc what Tariq Nasheed said. Without Finn, they'd never find Luke or blow up the new Death Star. It all started with that nikka telling the First Order to go fukk themselves

fukk the haters, John Boyega's deal on that next film gonna set the breh straight for life. He deserves it :salute:
alot of it comes from dudes not knowing star wars
In the context of the star wars universe finn went hard in episode seven

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
A lot of stupid in this thread.

Quite a bit of emotionalism too.

Reading for context and objective thinking are a bit low.

I see no issue with the article.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Breh, concerning the phasing part: black people arent being portrayed in major motion pictures like they were in the 80s and 90s. We dont see new franchises like Becerly Hills Cop or Lethal Weapon (other then Bad Boys). Denzel is getting older and we still dont have a replacement. Wesely Snipes is older as well and has been tainted. I really dont see a young martial artist with acting talent as his replacement (Lateef Chowder cant act like Snipes).

Kevin Hart is trying hard to be the next Eddie Murphey but he is no where as well rounded as he is.

Hollywood is trying hard to stuff Tyler Perry as a leading black male. Maybe Michael B Jordan will be the next blsck A-list actor but I dont see him commanding a presence on the screen like Denzel, Sam, or Idris. Hell I gotta watch a BBC show, Luther, to see a intelligent black male using his brain to solve problems. Rosewood is another show. But thatz it.

Blacks will be regulated to cowardly sambo roles, comedy relief, or bedwench roles. I see it in various shows today, if they even have any blsck characters. Its no coicedence that the highest rated tv show, Big Bang Theory, has no regular black actors.

Truth. Sad to say, they are not any males not in sports under 35, that are hypermasculine. Other words, the young stars of today aren't on that :pacspit: type of thing.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Welp, all the usual weirdos showed up at least :coffee:
My question would be why does every one get to have a say about what our masculinity should be and how we define ourselves? :jbhmm:
Why is our masculinity up for debate in the first place?
Are regular, straight men, you know the majority of us, even included in these discussions? Cause all I see are black feminists and gay dudes
There are a group of people if you question their femininity, you'd get your head torn off :sas2:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Article is B.S.
Why does my "open mindedness" hinge on me wearing finger nail polish
or a fukking skirt ? And why is smart dummy extraordinaire Jaden Smith used
as "Ground zero" for the "progressive" black man ?

Let me be frank, I DON'T hate men who want to rock that skirts, heels, make up etc.,
If that's what you wanna do, DO YOU ! I mean still fukking think prince is one of the G.O.A.T.'s
and he wears heels and all that.

HOWEVER, I don't feel we're engaging in "hyper masculinity" if we simply DO NOT see
the appeal in flirting with androgyny.

I also feel Finn's character was not damning or bad, he was a cool dude to me and I enjoyed Star Wars The Force Awakens.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
fukk I look like letting some bytch define masculinity for me that's my job. And quit it with the 'expose your vulnerabilities" shyt because the minute a man shows that he's seen as beta in your eyes. It's the same as your man losing to another man in a fight, your affection for him decreases. That's some pure instinctual shyt. That's the problem with all these new-age beta concepts they're not anchored in reality. The only reason I could see a female being in favor of a male like Finn or Jaden is because they yearn for a man that they can control subconsciously. But in actuality women don't want a man they can control. The minute they realize they can walk all over you're food.
Cry in front of your girl brehs :mjlol:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
it IS all about p*ssy with a lot of these dudes, nikkas on the coli won't do anything for a woman in fear that another man who's having sex with her might be getting the p*ssy without having to do anything.

What's wrong with that? Why should I be the bait and the other dude isn't on the rain check list. Sexual encounters are intertwined with ego somewhat. Plus while you're young it shouldn't be about anything more than p*ssy. That's assuming that most people in this thread are in their twenties.

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
There's angle in this that most of y'all are overlooking and that is no group wants to be portrayed as weak especially by their mortal enemies. Another angle y'all are missing is that movies aren't entertainment they're propaganda especially these blockbusters. Another angle is showing your vulnerabilities in this system is as useful as a sixth toe or finger. I mean or it can be useful if your trying to attain large sums of money.

bennyfein

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Whitesboro, NY
The only way men should be portrayed in movies

american-gangsters1.jpg