Black Country Artist Blanco Brown has number 1 song on the Billboard Country chart

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop it.

learn your Chicago music history.
r Kelly did not revolutionize this line dance shyt.

Art Barr

No dude I know my history. I am more so talking about the flow and style of the song.

I see that went over your head.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Country music is the easiest genre to kill. So much music is just average in that genre. Far more than rap over the years. Like the great songs, you know from the 80s, 90s, 2000s while hip hop has a ton. It's like gospel.

Take me to the king is still getting plays in the Black church group

Its really easy because profanity, drug talk and gangsta talk isn't encouraged. So you actually can make music for everyone to hear.

shyt you got 4 year olds at day care centers singing old town road.

So its a genre that can travel without censorship and worry about an adult message and whether kids can listen to it.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I live in New York City as well (born and raised in Brooklyn). Who the hell in NYC is attending country concerts except (mostly) White transplants? :mjlol:

I've never even heard of any country concerts here in NYC :russ: .

I don't think it's transplants, but rather people in the suburbs and the white parts of Queens. I know that country artists perform at venues as large as Barclay's

The population of the metro area is so high that there is demand for everything.

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Hispanics aided us but we have a greater claim to it so yes in that regard my brotha

Shalom

Shut yo dumb. C00n azz up none of the OG. ORIGINATORS of this culture were Hispanic

Kool Herc

Dj Hollywood

Bambatta

Flash

Grand Wizard Theodore

Coke a la roc

Dj Pete Jones

Starchild

Mr Magic

We're all BLACK

and don't you go pulling the Puerto Ricans Dj. Charlie Chase out yo azz ....or the Rock Steady Crew

They came along several years AFTER Kool Herc laid the foundation

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I thought I wasn’t going to like it... I was wrong:wow:

Heard this at a National night out event and had no idea what it was. Man done fukked around and made him a new anthem out here. He might get the cha cha slide out of here lol

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I was addressing the fact that they believe that country music is "THE MOST" popular genre.....when it's clearly not:mjlol:.

Also, most country music that is popular today is "country pop" or "country trap" i.e. (Old Town Road) NOT traditional country music.

Country music like Johnny Cash ain't popping today :mjlol:.
I didn’t say it was the “most popular” you goofy just that it’s still popular as hell.

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
I live in New York City as well (born and raised in Brooklyn). Who the hell in NYC is attending country concerts except (mostly) White transplants? :mjlol:

I've never even heard of any country concerts here in NYC :russ: .

You obviously didn't get out your building much

One of My first jobs in NYC was driving a Ice delivery truck to bars and convience stores

A country music themed bar in the Village was one of my busiest stops

One of the world's most infamous country bar chains GILLEYS was located right in the heart of midtown throughout the late 80s and 90s ...

And NYC still has a number of country bars

Best Country Bars In New York City

Last edited:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

One of My first jobs in NYC was driving a Ice delivery truck to bars and convience stores

One of the world's most infamous country bar chains GILLEYS was located right in the heart of midtown throughout the late 80s and 90s ...

Good point, I forgot about the country bars.

There is a place called Doc Holliday's in the East Village that has been there since the 90s that I've been to before. And it's not just transplants who go there.

Punk and metal are also big in NYC

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County

Yeah, that was the '80s and '90s.

Country is like the 4th or 5th most popular genre of music nowadays in America. It was #3 in the '80s and '90s.

Also, like I said it's mostly White people in those country bars and a lot of them are from the South/Midwest/Great Plains.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I didn’t say it was the “most popular” you goofy just that it’s still popular as hell.
"popular as hell" OK, but you was replying and agreeing to a post that said that country was "#1 most listened to genre" :patrice:

KENNY DA COOKER

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Yeah, that was the '80s and '90s.

Country is like the 4th or 5th most popular genre of music nowadays in America. It was #3 in the '80s and '90s.

No disrespect but you are an idiot

Every year a couple of country artists does a major tour that visits NYC

matter of fact country artist Thomas Rhett is headlining a huge concert at Madison Square Garden in September

huge_avatar

Thomas Rhett at Madison Square Garden (20 Sep 2019)

In fact every time when Kenny Chesney comes thru he does Beyonce numbers at the Garden all the time been doing this all thru the 2000s

See you might RESIDE in NYC

but you don't LIVE IN NYC

cause your ignorance shows you haven't lived or experience the depth of culture that NYC presents to people

You "NEW NEW YORKERS" need to get offline more and get out ya mother's row house so you can have some real life experiences