Black consciousness doing more harm than good now? Creating pseudos

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
High school grads at best who'd rather peddle fake medicine, fake history, and dreams to other idiots

I knew this young breh at my own job who refused to go to college (his pops offered to pay) because "the book of Enoch" was all he needed

He quit to live in a trap house full of Black Hebrews :mjlol:

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I'd argue it's not really black consciousness. It's black intersectional feminism and identity politics, both of which have strangled black activism and sidelined the majority of black men. This is not me shytting on feminism, I have no problem with it in general. My problem is with intersectional feminism. It's a plague that has influence over a lot of academia and political policy right now.

The black power movement got snuffed out (literally) by the feds and was quickly replaced by black intersectionality in universities. That's where we saw the rise of bell hooks, and that shyt has dominated black thought ever since. The problem is that the message is largely argumentative and almost seems deliberately calibrated to create paralysis. How can you build your community when you're fighting over which group of black people are more marginalized, which black people are the "white people of black people," who deserves (imagined) resources more than other groups, who should be leading, etc. It's almost as if they want black men to remove themselves from the process entirely. And the end result is no community work, no progress, chronically-online petty arguments nobody in real life cares about, and lots of scamming.
:salute:
Spoken/typed with keen insight, intelligence and scholarship, friends.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Been on this for a minute now.

At one time the conscious community was really needed. Our people needed lifting and a sense of pride.

In this day, it's creating too many pseudos and scientifically illiterate people. It either needs to evolve or die out now.

First of all you have to give an example of what you mean by "Black consciousness".

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
White folks have been Lying to and on Black Folks since, their first encounters with us.

There is valid "Occum's Razor" logicical reasonings, for Black Folks, to be distrustful of White Folks.
People go too far with this though.

Why you think there are black flat earthers?
People who deny science, etc.

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The point that poster is making is that space has been filled with clowns and frauds for years now.

They don't teach political science or history or finance or anything of value/note because they don't know anything.

That's why the pseudointellectualism is so rampant, they have to make up bullshyt to sell to their audience.

It's exploitative trash, guys like Tariq Nasheed exemplify this.

"Black Consciousness" in 2024 doesn't even remotely resemble itself from the 1960s/1970s
No, they are teaching science and history and etc. They're just teaching it pseudo.

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
And they're are still lying about, Shyt.

That is what "They" do, Lie, Steal, Destroy!
No need to lie now lol. They have the biggest most advanced military on this planet

You lie out of fear of repercussions. There's not a black nation on this planet that give them repercussions. We have no military!

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
People go too far with this though.

Why you think there are black flat earthers?
People who deny science,
etc.

As much BULLSHYT White Folks have done to us(And the whole world), there WILL NEVER BE A "TOO FAR" with Not "Trusting Them"!

The issue it seems that you have is that you conflate a bunch of different groups under one umbrella, as the "Conscious Community".

There are Black "Flat Earthers" that have NEVER been a part of the "Conscious Community", and there are some that are.

These are two different things, and require a nuanced assessment.

I'm "Pro Science", but I also "Anti Biased Science".

There are legitimate Scientific Biases that effect results, anyone who blindly accepts everything presented as "Scientific" without questioning it falls into the "Appeal To Authority" Fallacy.

Last edited:

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
No need to lie now lol. They have the biggest most advanced military on this planet

You lie out of fear of repercussions. There's not a black nation on this planet that give them repercussions. We have no military!

Breh,

You must be young, or new to this, SMH!

:snoop:

NONE of those reasons are why White Folks have been lying, and continue to LIE about Black Folks.

White Folks LIE on Black Folks, for the SAME Reasons a "Dog Barks", or a "Crocodile Bites"....

It's What they MUTHAFUKKIN DO!

DAMN NEAR EVERYTHING that they do that involves US, THEY LIE ABOUT, either directly, or Indirectly.

Last edited: