Black consciousness doing more harm than good now? Creating pseudos

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
It usually goes one of two ways.

1. Leads people to pursue more knowledge/truth and into legitimate realms of education.
2. Leads into a spiral of pseudoscience, pseudo history, and conspiracy theories.

Sadly theres been more #2’s with social media being around.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'd argue it's not really black consciousness. It's black intersectional feminism and identity politics, both of which have strangled black activism and sidelined the majority of black men. This is not me shytting on feminism, I have no problem with it in general. My problem is with intersectional feminism. It's a plague that has influence over a lot of academia and political policy right now.

The black power movement got snuffed out (literally) by the feds and was quickly replaced by black intersectionality in universities. That's where we saw the rise of bell hooks, and that shyt has dominated black thought ever since. The problem is that the message is largely argumentative and almost seems deliberately calibrated to create paralysis. How can you build your community when you're fighting over which group of black people are more marginalized, which black people are the "white people of black people," who deserves (imagined) resources more than other groups, who should be leading, etc. It's almost as if they want black men to remove themselves from the process entirely. And the end result is no community work, no progress, chronically-online petty arguments nobody in real life cares about, and lots of scamming.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Who does Tariq nasheed quote as his favorite...Welsing.

They took what those elders started and morphed it to something else.

How you think 3god and these other scammers catch all these followers? They under the guise of black power. Even if...they remix it to abo power or flat power.

The way you can tell is when you debate them, first thing they yell is "you just love the white man".

Even flat earth...first thing they'll yell is you love and trust the white man.
I don't know who 3god is but if you said he's Nature boy I mean the nikka is named Nature Boy If you ever took him seriously again I question your IQ levels.

Again if you read The Destruction of Black Civilization it went over exactly what happened and it told you what to do to get free. You don't need anything else.

Again Maybe because I'm a falbbyhead but in College in the 90's there were fake Hoteps using it to get girls:

and like A Different World It was always the confused whitewashed and half white half right chicks that took them seriously.

I mean the minute they start asking for money you know what's up. Other than admission for speaking and writing books if you're expecting to get rich off of being a ProBlack thought leader you're crazy. In fact anyone with any influence are usually killed off.

Again it's been told over and over what to do again if nikkas rather give a clown someone rather than depositing it in a Black owned bank then I'd say you deserve what you get.

I mean Tariq and Umar get super roasted on here all the time even 'Riq's defenders don't say that they bought or donated to all his shyt. Riq got that Man weave to impress the hoes that really got that 2 milly up for him.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'd argue it's not really black consciousness. It's black intersectional feminism and identity politics, both of which have strangled black activism and sidelined the majority of black men. This is not me shytting on feminism, I have no problem with it in general. My problem is with intersectional feminism. It's a plague that has influence over a lot of academia and political policy right now.

The black power movement got snuffed out (literally) by the feds and was quickly replaced by black intersectionality in universities. That's where we saw the rise of bell hooks, and that shyt has dominated black thought ever since. The problem is that the message is largely argumentative and almost seems deliberately calibrated to create paralysis. How can you build your community when you're fighting over which group of black people are more marginalized, which black people are the "white people of black people," who deserves (imagined) resources more than other groups, who should be leading, etc. It's almost as if they want black men to remove themselves from the process entirely. And the end result is no community work, no progress, chronically-online petty arguments nobody in real life cares about, and lots of scamming.
Yep it's Willie Lynch letter Divide & Conquer shyt. and the fact that the letter is a fraud is besides the point it's exactly what happened and even if it was written in 1905 again in 1905 someone tried to tell Black people what happened so again information has been shared for centuries.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
It usually goes one of two ways.

1. Leads people to pursue more knowledge/truth and into legitimate realms of education.
2. Leads into a spiral of pseudoscience, pseudo history, and conspiracy theories.

Sadly theres been more #2’s with social media being around.
This a great point

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps

You're exactly right, but we can never have real conversations that point out how Black women embraced and spread a disgusting white ideology across the community that dictates Black males are deficient and violent, and purely coincidentally, the proud image of Black men and boys began to warp to that of zero pride and self-hatred.

The fact that we know the CIA worked with and fukkED early Black feminists that helped them infiltrate and destroy Black power (patriarchy) movements and modernize old racist theories with a "pro-Black women" spin in academia and nobody talks about shows how fukked up we are

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
Black consciousness taught us to disagree with "the white man". As I said, if you say "they lied to us" or "they hid this from us" many black people will trip over themselves to listen to you.

White folks have been Lying to and on Black Folks since, their first encounters with us.

There is valid "Occum's Razor" logicical reasonings, for Black Folks, to be distrustful of White Folks.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're the people who were taught by the people you mention. They are the successors.

That phrase you used "giving out knowledge" has our people in a pseudo headlock.
The point that poster is making is that space has been filled with clowns and frauds for years now.

They don't teach political science or history or finance or anything of value/note because they don't know anything.

That's why the pseudointellectualism is so rampant, they have to make up bullshyt to sell to their audience.

It's exploitative trash, guys like Tariq Nasheed exemplify this.

"Black Consciousness" in 2024 doesn't even remotely resemble itself from the 1960s/1970s

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
That sounds like sovereign citizens /moorish american stuff. I forgot all about them dudes. I had a coworker on my last job who was into stuff like this telling me he could get out of paying child support if his girl ever decided to leave him. SMH.
Yea I think it is. They were saying all types of weird shyt and the peanut gallery was going for it.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I think most people in that movement are lazy and instead of trying to make the situation better they instead choose to hide in a musty weed smelling corner and stroke each other's ego by lying to themselves instead of admitting we lost.

And most of the men in that movement are just looking for a way to fukk on gullible women.