“Black and Latina women who never marry are the least wealthy in the US” 😭💔

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Black men talking a lot of shyt ITT for no reason, we down in the gutter too :gucci:

blogimage_genderwealthgap_fig2_032624.png

there's a lot more at play here than just "white women feminism being adopted by black women"... especially since Latina women are there too

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
I believe it. I used to work for the cable company, and every other day there’d be old ladies complaining about how they can’t pay their $100 cable bill. These were the once young women who said they ain’t need no man…

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
What I see with a good number of millennial black women is overcorrecting on the consumer side to prove a point. Alot of the black community saw their parents/grandparents live poor/working class lives. Now I see women getting getting education and higher income just to splurge it on vacations, luxury vehicles, spending $2000+ a month to rent in the most desireable area. Acting like student loans, car payments, and Visa/Mastercard/Amex won't come to collect. Throw a baby in the picture in your 30's as a single mother and that high income you worked for won't do anything for your wealth. It's the same at the "$30k millionaire" sloagan back in the 2000's.

And pointing to what @RamsayBolton mentioned most black men aren't much better off so I'm not trying to frame it like that. I see alot of manosphere losers get mad at BW for buying a home before getting married or got their rocks off at bw talking about how their escrow/home insurance increased this year.

However I also see this narrative where black men are expected to pay all the bills in marriage if it comes to that, while the woman gets to keep all of her money or choose not to work at all because housework/childrearing is two Full-Time jobs :comeon: But the man also needs to work a low-stress job with flexibility so he can be emotionally available at any given time and have the availibility to drop everything to travel on the womans schedule:jbhmm:Someone tell me this is "just online not real life" because 50/50 conversations and everything on Social Media isn't morphing into real time

Daps
This would be true of other races, but they are more likely to inherit money, and or property. Black people are less likely to have an inheritance.
This 100%.

Due to GI Bills, redlining etc, Blacks got less bang for their buck owning property and couldn't buy into white hoods (with MUCH HIGHER APPRAISAL VALUES) even if they had a a vault full of cash. Most of the whites doing well....guaranteed they got a little help. $20k here, $60k there makes all the difference. Big down-payment on a house from Grandma + nice salary = low mortgage payment and extra disposable income for saving/investing/vacations.

Shyt even Indians, who make more than all whites and other Asians get fukked. How? Because Indians typically cook pungent food with lots of oils/fats and the scent gets into the walls. Whites won't even want to buy the house and you end up selling at a discount to another brown family. Blacks and other POC are NOT scared of whites and living in a white area but whites ARE scared of not being the majority.

This inflates their own home prices since they trip over themselves to live in (affluent) white enclaves. Plus they are the majority so their preferences cast a disproportionate sway in the market.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Most Black people and Latinos, especially among the younger generation, millennials born during the mid-'90s ('93-'95), and Gen Z don't see the value or importance of marriage from not just an economic perspective but from a love aspect.

Most rather just date and be in long-term “committed” relationships without the actual commitment (marriage, ring, papers/vows, etc).

It's not just women, it's both men and women for different reasons and motivations. To be married there has to be a level of love and trust between both parties. A lot of the younger people in the gens I mentioned don't believe love exists anymore and trust has been broken too many times for their hearts to bear so many would rather pursue these “committed” relationships I'm speaking about.

Last edited:

Magic Mulatto

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. . .
Daps
nikkas talking down on black women but guess what, you fukk any race bytch and get her pregnant and she have a daughter…that’s a black women..

We need to be thinking differently starting with the nikkas who have daughters it really start with yall
:mjlol:Black + non-Black ≠ Black

Y’all really think that y’all be creating a whole Black person when y’all “reproduce” w/ a non-Black…
:mjlol:

And then u got biracials going thru life thinkin’ that they’re Black when they’re actually not.

Sure, they’re “Black” but w/ quotation marks. Black* but w/ an asterisk.

Everybody knows we’re different, deep down.

Shyt is so goofy and sad…:francis:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
most people arent inheriting money

it comes down to culture and habits...
we celebrate flash and being fly over everything else

From the 90s onwards, everyone wanted the lifestyles of Puffy or Birdman or Master P, just stunting in clubs 24/7