“Black and Latina women who never marry are the least wealthy in the US” 😭💔

Yas

Banned
Daps
Not in my class or how I was raised. Every friend group I knew growing up had a two parent household. We had one single mother is my church growing up. “LaTesha had another child.“ “Same man?” “Different.” We treated the way she lived with judgement. I learned early on to never knock up a woman I’m not married to and to always value marriage and if I did knock up a woman before marriage to wife her. That was how I was raised. I had a father, grandfather, uncles all married.

My church all the men? Women? Married. The next generation? None of the women are married except one. Half are single mothers despite it being treated with scorn back when we were kids. None of the men are baby daddies. The ones that do have kids are married.

Not in my class.
I hate to inform you sir but it's not the 1970s anymore.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
My church all the men? Women? Married. The next generation? None of the women are married except one. Half are single mothers despite it being treated with scorn back when we were kids. None of the men are baby daddies. The ones that do have kids are married.
I wonder what type of gentlemen their baby fathers are even though the ladies came from two parent homes...I'm guessing not doctors or lawyer types:sas2:

Last edited:

jay83

Superstar
Daps
We aren’t talking about all black women

#NotAllBlackWomen

I just can’t help but notice that the vast majority of black women I know from our generation is either single or divorced. When I was growing up pretty much all of us grew up middle class and with two parent households. Now the vast majority of divorced or single or single mothers. Meanwhile almost all my black brothers are married (vast majority to black women and snatched them up early). The black women of our generation I know a vast, vast minority are married compared to the men I know.

Patterns emerge. It’s not all black women but the women of our generation clearly got bad advice even with the presence of a two parent household. shyt is sad but it’s interesting to talk about and discuss.

Truthfully many women today just aren’t likable. Social media has made many women brainwashed and can’t think for themselves. We got 50 year old women thirst trapping and acting like high school women on tv shows.

My uncle told me after his second marriage “make sure you actually like her as a person, we tend to forget that sometimes”.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Truthfully many women today just aren’t likable. Social media has made many women brainwashed and can’t think for themselves. We got 50 year old women thirst trapping and acting like high school women on tv shows.

My uncle told me after his second marriage “make sure you actually like her as a person, we tend to forget that sometimes”.
Women in the social media age have exposed this truth:

Women are not leaders; they are followers.

Also, we (men) are better than them. That’s why they deeply know this and come with all these expectations. Because they know are supposed to be better than them. Because deep down they know the truth and that it is us men that moves societies, makes communities, and leads. But make no mistake, this means there’s more expectations upon us as men to be better and lead our women to greener pastures.

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I wonder what type of gentlemen their baby fathers are even though the ladies came from two parent homes...I'm guessing not doctors or lawyer types:sas2:
One of these brehs I know at church didn’t grow up with a father beciase he died in a car accident when he was like 4.

He didn’t have a father and he still was never a baby daddy. Just had his first born last year...with his wife. Even though he didn’t have a father he still grew up in, embedded, and took upon the environment we were raised.

His sister is one of only two women from our generation from my old church that is married.

It was not us men but the women who rejected how we were raised.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
This would be true of other races, but they are more likely to inherit money, and or property. Black people are less likely to have an inheritance.
most people arent inheriting money

it comes down to culture and habits...
we celebrate flash and being fly over everything else

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Probably b/c so many are single mothers. If these women just stop having babies they'd be straight.
You figure the numbers will support this eventually.

I've seen articles about how women are attending colleges and are becoming property owners at higher rates than men. I would imagine this means they aren't having children at a young age.

We'll see, I guess.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
I will say that the vast majority of black women of our generation that are married that I personally know are often the highest quality of women and all of them (except the aforementioned sister of breh) grew up with dads presents In two parent households. A two parent household is clearly the prerequisite and it’s up to the daughter whether she follows that example or not.

Last edited: