Bink back at it again calls out Justice League for Nas No Introduction Sample

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
I'll admit it wasn't the best example but the first that came to mind. But even still the songs have Similar keys, similar tempo breaks ect. No the songs don't sound the same but from a musical perspective the ideas are close. What I'm saying is that ANYBODY that plays these instruments would identify with the sounds being used. Anybody that has ever composed music has listened to and been inspired by those before them. If you look hard enough you can find the inspiration for the Kirk Franklin song. You think Mozart pulled all his inspiration from thin air? No he took what he had learned about music and what he'd heard before and made it his own.

:skip:
it's obvious that they were remaking this one particular Kirk Franklin song

their manager even admitted it

if they went in and studied mad gospel albums and composed something with all the collective influences without biting one particular song then that's totally fine

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I'll admit it wasn't the best example but the first that came to mind. But even still the songs have Similar keys, similar tempo breaks ect. No the songs don't sound the same but from a musical perspective the ideas are close. What I'm saying is that ANYBODY that plays these instruments would identify with the sounds being used. Anybody that has ever composed music has listened to and been inspired by those before them. If you look hard enough you can find the inspiration for the Kirk Franklin song. You think Mozart pulled all his inspiration from thin air? No he took what he had learned about music and what he'd heard before and made it his own.

Breh I think your missing the point. It isnt about whether ideas are original. Your right some of the top classical musicians have sampled. Hell we'd be mad at Dre, Kanye West, Quincy Jones, etc. The issue with JL tho at least from my understanding is they are faking the funk and bragging and noasting as if they do otherwise. Saying stuff like we don't sample, and we compose our shyt, and all that other stuff is why people are calling them out, at least that's why I would call them out. If you going be arrogant about your shyt then you gotta expect nikkas to expose as soon as they see can. If they would have stayed humble and just be like yeah we "draw inspiration from alot of different works" and we try and recreate from there, then in my opinion Im cool with that.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

I see what u saying but at the end of the day they got the inspiration from the kirk song

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:skip:
it's obvious that they were remaking this one particular Kirk Franklin song

their manager even admitted it

if they went in and studied mad gospel albums and composed something with all the collective influences without biting one particular song then that's totally fine

Thing is you will here similar sounds, in allot of different gospel music. They may have picked this song in particular. But the influence for both songs comes from before.

Breh I think your missing the point. It isnt about whether ideas are original. Your right some of the top classical musicians have sampled. Hell we'd be mad at Dre, Kanye West, Quincy Jones, etc. The issue with JL tho at least from my understanding is they are faking the funk and bragging and noasting as if they do otherwise. Saying stuff like we don't sample, and we compose our shyt, and all that other stuff is why people are calling them out, at least that's why I would call them out. If you going be arrogant about your shyt then you gotta expect nikkas to expose as soon as they see can. If they would have stayed humble and just be like yeah we "draw inspiration from alot of different works" and we try and recreate from there, then in my opinion Im cool with that.

In my opinoin their boastfull statements still hold true. The song is not a sample and it still takes composing skill to hear a song like that and replay it exactly. They didnt even do that. They used the song for inspiration but they composed something completely new. The way the different sounds and instruments are layered together took tremendous composing skill. And they vary greatly from the source material. It's not like this is a simple 3 sound beat they took and replayed. This is composed music using many different sounds instruments etc. And they were able to hear it replay some sounds, add and subtract some things and make it into a very hiphop beat. In my opinion that takes more skill than what 99% of hip hip producers are doing these days.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Thing is you will here similar sounds, in allot of different gospel music. They may have picked this song in particular. But the influence for both songs comes from before.

In my opinoin their boastfull statements still hold true. The song is not a sample and it still takes composing skill to hear a song like that and replay it exactly. They didnt even do that. They used the song for inspiration but they composed something completely new. The way the different sounds and instruments are layered together took tremendous composing skill. And they vary greatly from the source material. It's not like this is a simple 3 sound beat they took and replayed. This is composed music using many different sounds instruments etc. And they were able to hear it replay some sounds, add and subtract some things and make it into a very hiphop beat. In my opinion that takes more skill than what 99% of hip hip producers are doing these days.

Breh they even took the part where dude was sprinkling the keys in the background at 4:34. shyt was very specific on their part.

Personally I think it's a dope flip & sample, but the problem is them acting like they don't get down like that. Sampling is part of hiphop so I have no problem with the practice itself.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps

:why:
they bit Don't Cry by Kirk Franklin
period
i don't care if all gospel sounds similar :comeon:
they took from this particular song

and no their boasts are full of shyt
it takes no composing skill to replay and arrange, that's called replaying and arranging
there are people who play music (musicians) and arrange music (arrangers) who can't compose at all
that's like saying if you're ill on the piano or if you can arrange music for bands you must be a dope composer too :what:

as far as taking more skill than 99% of hip hop hell nah
they just picked a sample, rewrote it enough to discourage lawsuits, and possibly arranged it

it takes more skill than the average beat but not 99% of all beats
who cares about skill anyway, people hear the quality of music not the skill behind it

and it's on some scumbag shyt to steal samples this way, so as far as ethics goes it's worse than 99% of all beats

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:why:
they bit Don't Cry by Kirk Franklin
period
i don't care if all gospel sounds similar :comeon:
they took from this particular song

and no their boasts are full of shyt
it takes no composing skill to replay and arrange, that's called replaying and arranging
there are people who play music (musicians) and arrange music (arrangers) who can't compose at all
that's like saying if you're ill on the piano or if you can arrange music for bands you must be a dope composer too :what:

as far as taking more skill than 99% of hip hop hell nah
they just picked a sample, rewrote it enough to discourage lawsuits, and possibly arranged it

it takes more skill than the average beat but not 99% of all beats
who cares about skill anyway, people hear the quality of music not the skill behind it

and it's on some scumbag shyt to steal samples this way, so as far as ethics goes it's worse than 99% of all beats

As a person that has produced music myself both using samples and replaying shyt, I will respectfully disagree with you

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
As a person that has produced music myself both using samples and replaying shyt, I will respectfully disagree with you

sampling might be easier than replaying

but replaying and composing are totally unrelated
replaying is like being a typist / copier
composing is like being a writer

C. Dante

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Justice League said they don't sample? WHAT I remember when they completely jacked a dexter wansel song

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
sampling might be easier than replaying

but replaying and composing are totally unrelated
replaying is like being a typist / copier
composing is like being a writer
In composing it's impossible not to replay something that you have heard before. Composing is taking those replayed sounds and making something totally new. In this case they DID NOT replay the entire song they took some sounds and the general idea and made something totally new. Might not be copposing in the traditional sense but they did not just take the Kirk Franklin song replay it, add some drums, then sell it. They actually played and made a new song using the Kirk Franklin song as influence.

Zach Lowe

what up beck
Daps
In composing it's impossible not to replay something that you have heard before. Composing is taking those replayed sounds and making something totally new. In this case they DID NOT replay the entire song they took some sounds and the general idea and made something totally new. Might not be copposing in the traditional sense but they did not just take the Kirk Franklin song replay it, add some drums, then sell it. They actually played and made a new song using the Kirk Franklin song as influence.

:birdman:
:beli:
get off their dikks
they are not composing if they're heavily borrowing from other music to the point that it becomes interpolating (or at least should be considered interpolating)

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:birdman:
:beli:
get off their dikks
they are not composing if they're heavily borrowing from other music to the point that it becomes interpolating (or at least should be considered interpolating)
I'm not on anybodies dikk. I'm not a fan of theirs or the type of music they usually make. Just pointing out the baseless hating going on in this thread, And adding some facts about music.It's not and shouldn't be considered interpolating. They did not just replay the song that is interpolating. What they did is much more than that and much more than what allot of hiphop producers do.