Billy Batts was right to humiliate Tommy in Goodfellas

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
:scust: tommy takin mama knife to kill billy and telling mama he'll bring it back

Nasty fukk.

And smh at henry hiring a fukkin hillbilly dumb bytch to make a drug move
You ever notice how Henry was getting shyt on the entire movie? :heh:

From Tommy's mom clowning him, to Paulie almost coming right out and saying he fukking Karen

"Don't worry henry, I know how to talk to 'em. Especially Karen" :dame:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

From Tommy's mom clowning him, to Paulie almost coming right out and saying he fukking Karen

i think that was intentional. make henry look soft so he doesnt look complicit in any of the major crimes(killings) that tommy and jimmy were pulling off.

i mean look at the billy bats situation. you and tommy are supposed boys, but you just stand around looking harmless while jimmy and tommy take that fukker to school? i had a hard time buying that he just sat back and watched it happen

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

I dont think Paulie was implying he fukked, but he was the boss, he knew how to manipulate her so she wouldn't do anything rash, like talk to the cops over Henry cheating. He says it.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I dont think Paulie was implying he fukked, but he was the boss, he knew how to manipulate her so she wouldn't do anything rash, like talk to the cops over Henry cheating. He says it.
He said he knows how to talk to Karen specifically :dame:

Its actually 100% confirmed, because Hill reveals it in the novel

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
:dahell:he literally says "i fukk'd kids like that in the can, in the ass"
Yeah it was probably not even strictly a prison thing. Batts was probably born in the 1920s, there was a lot of homoerotic/homosexual activity(as well as gang rapes) among youth street gangs at the turn of the century and the decades that followed.

I read that when Outfit boss Sam Giancana was a kid him and his crew regularly had "shooting contests", that is they stood in a line and jerked off to see who could pop the fastest/furthest.

Way Of The Gun

You talkin' to me?!
Daps
Reppin
Crimson Tide
I was watching Goodfellas and i got to the "go home and get your shine box" scene. Always thought that billy batts had it coming for talking that way to tommy, but now that i think of it, he had every right to talk shyt to tommy.

I mean, he was a made guy and he just got home and this guy who used to shine his shoes is telling him to "watch the suit" :heh:

I always wondered how come henry and james didnt get killed behind this shyt.

Jimmy and Henry weren't full Sicilian..Henry wasn't at least. Jimmy was Irish.

Tommy was in the Sicilian and that's why they knocked him off I assume.

Way Of The Gun

You talkin' to me?!
Daps
Reppin
Crimson Tide
Exactly. The mob is all about politics.

People like Tommy, psychopaths who can't control themselves, get used and abused by the truly dangerous people, the bosses. Just like Henry, Tommy grew up around the mob. They obviously knew what he was("Tommy's a bad kid, he's a bad seed...", "You gotta watch out for kids like that"). So they use him as a lightning rod to do their killing and make whatever money they can and once they outlive their usefulness they make the expedient choice and kill them. There's always another young cowboy waiting to step up.

Paulie was no dummy. He knew Henry and Jimmy were involved in that mess, and so did Billy Batts' people. But why throw away 2 smart and capable moneymakers? So he plays stupid and throws Tommy to the wolves, the Gambinos can save face and say they got revenge for Batts, everyone is satisfied.

To truly understand how cunning Paulie is, consider the move he and Henry pull on the connected restaurant owner(Larry Boy in The Sopranos). They basically make good use of Tommy's natural psychopathy and use him as a bad cop to their good cop routine to take over his restaurant.

While Tommy was busy playing tough guy and waving guns around in crowded restaurants, Henry spotted the opportunity and suggested to Larry that Paulie will probably "help him out". Remember in that sitdown Henry is right there and gives Larry the go ahead to make his plea to Paulie. So Paulie cynically makes a big show of how his hands are tied and he can't control Tommy etc. and then he "reluctantly" accepts a piece of the restaurant... and then he fukks Larry in the ass by running up unpaid bills on the store's credit and then setting it on fire for the insurance money.

That's why Paulie is upper management, because he can be an apex predator while keeping his hands clean, while Tommy was a just another low level grunt in an army of low level grunts..

Great breakdown. Close thread.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Nah nah nah he insulted him a little bit.
:manny: he was outta line a bit himself.

No?

Ok
giphy.gif

He was probably still low-key fuming he got called Irish.:heh:

Probably always wanted to stomp out one of These made guys

Last edited: