Billy Batts was right to humiliate Tommy in Goodfellas

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I think jimmy was gonna murk morrie anyway. He was murkin everyone involved in that heist.

no doubt. jimmy was dropping people he liked, and he almost choked morrie out before. its just i find it funny that this is just another instance of henry not getting his hands dirty. like how is he so clean when hes swimming with sharks? noone in the organization took him to task on that? if dude was capable of breaking a dudes face with the butt of his gun, how is he not getting involved in these killings?

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
no doubt. jimmy was dropping people he liked, and he almost choked morrie out before. its just i find it funny that this is just another instance of henry not getting his hands dirty. like how is he so clean when hes swimming with sharks? noone in the organization took him to task on that? if dude was capable of breaking a dudes face with the butt of his gun, how is he not getting involved in these killings?

Yeah in the movie he says basically he didn't ask to be a part of the heist so that prolly saved him. He didn't ask for a cut.

Plus he was dealin drugs n guns so he was gettin jimmy money I believe.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
tommy was on some BS as soon as he came in though. he had an attitude when dude just wanted to him to come and say hi and told him he looked great. he got all pissy and pushed him off talkin about watch the suit. i can see how that wouldve rubbed batts the wrong way and made him want to cut him down a bit.
"OHH OHH COME HERE!!:birdman:"

:pachaha:

Last edited:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
tommy was on some BS as soon as he came in though. he had an attitude when dude just wanted to him to come and say hi and told him he looked great. he got all pissy and pushed him off talkin about watch the suit. i can see how that wouldve rubbed batts the wrong way and made him want to cut him down a bit.
right, batts was a made man
who was tommy to boss up on him

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
:hubie:

Tommy was about to be made and he put in work the whole time Batts was locked up

Would it have made a difference if Tommy was made when this whole thing went down?

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
jimmy was a cash register for the mob, they wasnt wackin him.

sidenote...billy bats was John Gotti's homeboy...Gotti himself killed Tommy DiSimone after he got permission from Paul Vario

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
:hubie:

Tommy was about to be made and he put in work the whole time Batts was locked up

Would it have made a difference if Tommy was made when this whole thing went down?

Well my understanding is you need permission from the bosses to whack a made man. Think tommy wouldn't have done it if he was made. But tommy was a hot head so either way he would've fukked up. Was the beginning of the end.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I was watching Goodfellas and i got to the "go home and get your shine box" scene. Always thought that billy batts had it coming for talking that way to tommy, but now that i think of it, he had every right to talk shyt to tommy.

I mean, he was a made guy and he just got home and this guy who used to shine his shoes is telling him to "watch the suit" :heh:

I always wondered how come henry and james didnt get killed behind this shyt.

you're right on the money

dude walked in, clearly saw him, and ignored him... then went over on some "ehhh this guy, i guess i gotta say hi" after the dude is calling for him 5-6 times

they hugged, he pushes him off, watch the suit.... dude still ain't say shyt... then he turns his back, kinda flips him off.... dude still ain't say shyt

then he says "just don't break my balls" and dude went in... but he was still drunk and playing

tommy was just a hot head.. that's like coming into work, seeing your boss sitting there and being like fukk this guy, and walking past him

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
you're right on the money

dude walked in, clearly saw him, and ignored him... then went over on some "ehhh this guy, i guess i gotta say hi" after the dude is calling for him 5-6 times

they hugged, he pushes him off, watch the suit.... dude still ain't say shyt... then he turns his back, kinda flips him off.... dude still ain't say shyt

then he says "just don't break my balls" and dude went in... but he was still drunk and playing

tommy was just a hot head.. that's like coming into work, seeing your boss sitting there and being like fukk this guy, and walking past him

true but there's a lot of backstory here between Batts, Tommy and Jimmy

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Because Jimmy made a lot of people money. They wasn't going to kill a money man while he was still a great earner. And Henry, well I guess he had Paulie looking out for him.
Tommy really kicked it off to be honest. You just know they had a sit down first and they no doubt wanted to go after Henry and Jimmy.

They probably felt losing their friend would be more than enough. They did go downhill pretty quickly after that. Henry got knocked and he sung his ass off.