Billy Batts was right to humiliate Tommy in Goodfellas

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Paulie had to sign off on the hit I imagine and gave the go ahead to whack Tommy as he had respect for Jimmy and Henry was like a son to him. In retrospect he should've whacked Henry too since he ultimately brought him down.

That look Paulie gives Henry in the court room at the end is pure disgust and :pacspit:
Tommy wasn't a made man. Paulie didn't have to sign off on anything for him to get wacked.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Tommy wasn't a made man. Paulie didn't have to sign off on anything for him to get wacked.
Correct...Paulie set it up since he used his right hand man to do it instead of Batts people take care of it.

Most likely, Batts people said they knew Tommy was involved and either Paulie whack em or they would and anyone with him type of thing so Paulie probably said I'll handle it. :manny:

Last edited:

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps

Yeah my thought was obviously tommy crossed the line cuz batts was a made man. The powers that be don't give a fukk what Paulie thinks they did what they wanted.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Batts needed a bigger role.
Yeah, but Goodfellas covers so much it just wasn't possible. Still his role fits perfectly in this flick. I love how the movie starts with the trunk scene, Tommy viciously stabbing Batts. So brutal, Scorsese was in the zone.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
man tommy shot spider in the foot and then killed when he spoke up for himself. Seems like tommy couldn't take the heat

That spider kill is probably what fukked him. The scenario played out just like the billy batts one, except people saw spider get killed. Doesn't take many to put two and two together on that one.