Billy Batts was right to humiliate Tommy in Goodfellas

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
It was Tommy's fault. All Billy wanted to do was come home, they were having a party, he hadn't seen him.........in a long time, he was breaking his balls, and right away, Tommy got fukking fresh.

But on the other hand, sometimes, Billy didn't sound like he was kidding. I mean, there were a lot of people around. :troll:

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Batts was busting balls at the beginning, but that final "now go get ur fukking shine box" was absolutely on some "come at me bro" shyt.

I wanna know how Batts crew just gonna leave him vulnerable like that tho.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Nah, Billy Batts fukked up. You don't shyt on a man like that after he got his comeup. That's like walking up to Jordan and laughing in his face about how you used to kick his ass in the 6th grade :whoa:

Batts was alright to tease him a little but he took it too far:demonic:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Paulie was no dummy. He knew Henry and Jimmy were involved in that mess, and so did Billy Batts' people. But why throw away 2 smart and capable moneymakers? So he plays stupid and throws Tommy to the wolves, the Gambinos can save face and say they got revenge for Batts, everyone is satisfied.

To truly understand how cunning Paulie is, consider the move he and Henry pull on the connected restaurant owner(Larry Boy in The Sopranos). They basically make good use of Tommy's natural psychopathy and use him as a bad cop to their good cop routine to take over his restaurant.

While Tommy was busy playing tough guy and waving guns around in crowded restaurants, Henry spotted the opportunity and suggested to Larry that Paulie will probably "help him out". Remember in that sitdown Henry is right there and gives Larry the go ahead to make his plea to Paulie. So Paulie cynically makes a big show of how his hands are tied and he can't control Tommy etc. and then he "reluctantly" accepts a piece of the restaurant... and then he fukks Larry in the ass by running up unpaid bills on the store's credit and then setting it on fire for the insurance money.

That's why Paulie is upper management, because he can be an apex predator while keeping his hands clean, while Tommy was a just another low level grunt in an army of low level grunts..

:ohhh: ........ :wow: :wow:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Batts was busting balls at the beginning, but that final "now go get ur fukking shine box" was absolutely on some "come at me bro" shyt.

I wanna know how Batts crew just gonna leave him vulnerable like that tho.

They ain't think Batts was in any kind of trouble. He's a Made Man and it's Henry's establishment. But they thought wrong :manny: