Bills vs Bengals on Monday night football. GAME POSTPONED… UPDATE- HE’S AWAKE .

Who wins.

• Bills

• Bangles

Results are only viewable after voting.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
Not sure if the below was posted, but it seems like the most plausible cause.

This is plausible but i don't think it's the reason. It's way too rare to have it happen on a hit that was not that hard. The padding also plays a role in distributing the force from the hit, so the force was not concentrated on his heart. There's a reason why this is a concern in baseball and not any other sport.

The most plausible cause is that Hemlin had an undiagnosed heart condition. We've seen it many times in basketball and soccer. Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, that soccer player from Denmark who collapsed during the Euro 2020, etc.

The good news is that it sounds like his heartbeat was resuscitated on the field. They're probably keeping him sedated under intubation so it gives him more of a chance at recovery.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
There's no way they cancel the season. Out of respect they'll pause things for a few. It's a business. I hate to bring Kobe up but when that tragedy struck the season didn't end. Covid interrupted it yes but it still went on in some fashion.

There are too many moving pieces in this multi-billion dollar business (contracts, players and partners), vendors, advertisers, that this machine will go on. Even 9/11 they took like one week off and then back to normal.

Prayers for Hamlin. I'm in total shock. Damn.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
There's no way they cancel the season. Out of respect they'll pause things for a few. It's a business. I hate to bring Kobe up but when that tragedy struck the season didn't end. Covid interrupted it yes but it still went on in some fashion.

There are too many moving pieces in this multi-billion dollar business (contracts, players and partners), vendors, advertisers, that this machine will go on. Even 9/11 they took like one week off and then back to normal.

Prayers for Hamlin. I'm in total shock. Damn.
There’s a difference with this one as the tragedy happened on live national television. I could be wrong, but I don’t even believe that NASCAR postponed their season even after Dale Sr died on live television.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You would think someone who prided themselves as being an award winning journalist would choose their words better. I think he wrote that on purpose.
You must not know the real Skip. This is the same man that pretended to be super religious so he could get closer to a Cowboys player and get dirt on the team for his book.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Glad he's okay, relatively speaking.

I've seen a few games where players fell after a collision and we didn't know if the player was paralyzed, and I remember nearly crying. So I'm lucky to have not been watching the game live last night.

Mikeatris

Supreme Mathematik
Daps
Reppin
My City
This is plausible but i don't think it's the reason. It's way too rare to have it happen on a hit that was not that hard. The padding also plays a role in distributing the force from the hit, so the force was not concentrated on his heart. There's a reason why this is a concern in baseball and not any other sport.

The most plausible cause is that Hemlin had an undiagnosed heart condition. We've seen it many times in basketball and soccer. Hank Gathers, Reggie Lewis, that soccer player from Denmark who collapsed during the Euro 2020, etc.

The good news is that it sounds like his heartbeat was resuscitated on the field. They're probably keeping him sedated under intubation so it gives him more of a chance at recovery.
So now we supposed to believe an internet doctor over a PhD one?

Red Money

All Star
Daps
It's sign of respect and humanity. Why does this even need to be asked?

you can't pick up a nearly dead man off field in front of his traumatized friends, and then tell them "back to work as normal'. This isn't slavery.

Sign of respect? One minute it’s cancel for player safety….now it is sign of respect instead of tangibility?

People keep moving goal post. I’m confused.

When Kobe died I thought the trauma/shock should have lead some major sports to be cancelled…how could players focus?!!….but it went on.

Last edited:

Red Money

All Star
Daps
c00n shyt or poor trolling attempt

Facts and logic matter. Tv personalities say postpone for player safety…the guy with the medical emergency was treated by protocol and seemed to be handled properly.

If players are scared it might happen to them during play they need to own that instead of deflecting that canceling the game will help Hamlins recovery.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Do you have a medical degree?! :gucci:

Shut the fukk up. How the hell you gonna think you more than an actual doctor