Bills vs Bengals on Monday night football. GAME POSTPONED… UPDATE- HE’S AWAKE .

Who wins.

• Bills

• Bangles

Results are only viewable after voting.

broller

Veteran
Daps
He’s fine except for some lingering nerve damage just from being in the coma for so long. Had to do physical therapy because of muscle atrophy, it’s really a miracle he pulled through and is back to normal. It definitely was a struggle to get to that point tho. Demar is very lucky to have been an athlete and receiving medical attention quickly. He’s young too so that’s another plus. My brother was 37 at the time. Demar definitely has a long recovery ahead of him when he’s weened off the sedation. I’m saying when because I’m hoping for the best for his fam.

My mom sat in the ICU with my brother every day, it was a very difficult time and I was there to see it all. This brought me right back to that time. I’m praying for his whole fam but especially his mother. I know all too well what they’re going through.
I'm really glad he's almost back to normal. Thank God for that breh. I hope and pray for the same for Damar. For real, being a young professional athlete definitely is a bonus for his prognosis.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
That already happened before when 9/11 happened ... that gave us the 1st ever February Super Bowl and the NFL found out that they liked that spot a lot.

I do miss when Superbowls were in the end of January :ld:

But I hope Damar recovers properly and at least breathe on his own soon.

calh45

Cal
Daps
Honestly, and I might get criticized for saying it.. but I think the NFL rules contributed to this.

Defenders are basically handicapped in terms of what the can and can't do. One thing in particular is they can't launch themselves at "defenseless" receivers.

Even though that wasn't the case on this play, Damar was penalized earlier in the season for hitting a defenseless player. It forces you to hesitate. Hamlin was standing upright with Higgins launched his helmet into his chest.

The NFL passed a rule saying runners can't launch the crown of their helmets into defenders, but they rarely enforce it.

SO you can't hit the quarterback. You can't hit a receiver coming across the middle. A quarterback can wait until after you dive for a tackle to slide and draw a penalty. And Offensive players can launch into defenders, draw pass interference calls by running into defenders for underthrown balls constantly hold defenders and not get called 1/2 the time and all defensive players can do most of the time, is wait for a mistake.

The NFL wanted more offense and they got it. But at what cost?
It's a fluke though. This has also happened in hockey and in WWE. You can't protect against everything.

Reading he's at 50% is pretty incredible this quickly though considering how wild of a situation it was.

calh45

Cal
Daps
He said this shyt about Burrow last year and I was deadass shocked he didn’t get suspended or anything. Dudes a fukking clown.

It also came out that ESPN just threw that 5 minutes thing out there too after it happened. Whomever runs that network is fukking horrible.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, and I might get criticized for saying it.. but I think the NFL rules contributed to this.

Defenders are basically handicapped in terms of what the can and can't do. One thing in particular is they can't launch themselves at "defenseless" receivers.

Even though that wasn't the case on this play, Damar was penalized earlier in the season for hitting a defenseless player. It forces you to hesitate. Hamlin was standing upright with Higgins launched his helmet into his chest.

The NFL passed a rule saying runners can't launch the crown of their helmets into defenders, but they rarely enforce it.

SO you can't hit the quarterback. You can't hit a receiver coming across the middle. A quarterback can wait until after you dive for a tackle to slide and draw a penalty. And Offensive players can launch into defenders, draw pass interference calls by running into defenders for underthrown balls constantly hold defenders and not get called 1/2 the time and all defensive players can do most of the time, is wait for a mistake.

They give zero fukks for defensive players, watch the replay the ref literally sidesteps dude so he can just fall and bang his head, if its tom brady all the refs on field are in full out sprint to block for tom..

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I agree with some of this. Only thing is no matter what, you can't prevent what happened last night unless you remove tackling from the game.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

calh45

Cal
Daps
Where did that come out besides Troy Vincent saying it?
Troy Vincent is a valid enough source. He's the executive VP of NFL operations. It don't get no valid than him because he's high enough to be one of the people in that room to make a decision.

On the flip side, ESPN didn't give a source for their 5 minutes comment then kept awkwardly throwing Booger, Kolber, and Schefter on between Burger King commercials. ESPN credibility been shot to me a lot more than the NFL.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I agree with some of this. Only thing is no matter what, you can't prevent what happened last night unless you remove tackling from the game.
They didn’t need to make that many changes to begin with.

The NFL wanted more scoring. And they didn’t want their star offensive players getting hurt.

It’s allowed offenses to play more reckless. And defenders have to think more which makes them hesitant.

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
So now we supposed to believe an internet doctor over a PhD one?
Where in my post did I claim the doctor was flat out wrong. Anything is possible his guess is as good as mine. Funny enough a lot of these youtube doctors are 'internet' doctors chasing clout. No one has any concrete answers unless they look at all the actual testing and data. Even then some doctors make best guesses. We might never know the true cause of the cardiac arrest.

Oh yea and I guarantee you the answer to why or how it happened will be investgated and you'll have multiple sides trying to come up with answers to fit their agenda. Remember its best for the NFL to claim it's Hemlins fault to preserve their image.