Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
- Wags with that sweet, sweet revenge :banderas:.
- Prince one upping Bobby again
TbHv6wM.png
. Bobby like 1 for 8 against this man. And that one might as well be an L since it made Bobby pretend to give a shyt about something to the point it made him feel sick :russ:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I dont understand how Axe didnt see that coming. He knew they were cooking something up. This nikka ego is ruining him.
Exactly. I was waiting for him to pull a swerve at the end of the episode like he usually does but I think they have him dead to rights on this. He definitely can’t use the entrapment defense.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I did not appreciate having to Google every other line that they referenced in this episode to find out wtf they were referring to. Taking notes like this show is an assignment-
Dafuqqq is a “Tamagotchi emulator, Raging Bull, Grucci Family, sushi laced with polonium, etc etc”
:deadmanny:
I take enough notes at work, not when I’m watching tv.

Finance people in real life do talk smarter than what they really are though. JDs >> MBAs.
triple-h-disgusted.gif

Ironically, you listed the references that I DID get. But they were really getting extra obscure with the references in this episode :what:, maybe the worst it's been with that. Plus they were really rubbing in the whole "SMART people from this world would get this. If you don't get it, you're not smart enough to hang with the main characters" thing.

Having said all that, I think the second half of this season is probably back to what I would call the level of Season 2. At least, they're fooling me into thinking that maybe there's a chance they might actually let Axe lose for a change, and not have a plan 10 steps ahead of everyone.
The show may just be "NY Billionaire Entourage", but at least it is entertaining on an "evening soap opera" level now.

An OK way to kill time until Succession comes back :troll:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
wait... they're not endong this ? I thought it was the last season
Excuse you sir - Blasphemy.
:picard:
No this is not the series finale - they could squeeze out another 2-3 seasons off the volatility of events within tech and finance from the past year or so. Including the Gamestock short. Billions is not going anywhere any time soon.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Excuse you sir - Blasphemy.
:picard:
No this is not the series finale - they could squeeze out another 2-3 seasons off the volatility of events within tech and finance from the past year or so. Including the Gamestock short. Billions is not going anywhere any time soon.
:whoa: I think they have one more season at the most.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ironically, you listed the references that I DID get. But they were really getting extra obscure with the references in this episode :what:, maybe the worst it's been with that. Plus they were really rubbing in the whole "SMART people from this world would get this. If you don't get it, you're not smart enough to hang with the main characters" thing.

Having said all that, I think the second half of this season is probably back to what I would call the level of Season 2. At least, they're fooling me into thinking that maybe there's a chance they might actually let Axe lose for a change, and not have a plan 10 steps ahead of everyone.
The show may just be "NY Billionaire Entourage", but at least it is entertaining on an "evening soap opera" level now.

An OK way to kill time until Succession comes back :troll:
I’ve been trying to watch Succession for the past 2 years- watched the first 2 eps of season 1; told myself I would go back and never did. Does nothing for me and I’m not engaged.