Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
OK, I actually think the show has improved a lot since the break.
It's not nearly as "smart" or as "funny" as it thinks it is, but IMO now with the new "rivalry" it's probably about as entertaining as it was in Season 2.

(still nowhere near Succession, though)
Yeah seems like the writers had time to think through the story

WeInHere

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Episode was great. This is billions at it's best. Yes, we have seen it before but the overlapping criss-cross of fukkery is just entertaining to watch!

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Yeah seems like the writers had time to think through the story
I DO like they way they broke the 4th wall a little with the constant movie quotes.
Chuck tried to quote "The Irishman" to his father, and his father didn't know the quote like "I don't have time to sit through 4 hours of that!"
They’re back on that pretentious bullshyt with the writing tonight. Episode was boring and terrible. Wow- why did every other line sound like they were penning a dikkensian novel?? The entire show reminded me of my AP Literature class in 10th grade. Watching 15 mins of Chuck cooking eggs. Smh

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
They’re back on that pretentious bullshyt with the writing tonight. Episode was boring and terrible. Wow- why did every other line sound like they were penning a dikkensian novel?? The entire show reminded me of my AP Literature class in 10th grade. Watching 15 mins of Chuck cooking eggs. Smh
that's unfortunate :francis:
watching now

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Also since we’re actually doing the axe and Wendy thing I think it’s safe to say the show has ran its course
Nah, the Axe and Wendy shyt was always gonna happen. You can see it in season 1. I bet Axe’s whole hate on Paul Giamantis character is bc of Wendy.

And Paul Giamantis characters hate of Axe is bc he knows the tension is there :lolbron: