Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Michael Prince is the best character on the show

The episode was OK.

I think that they're foreshadowing that Prince might actually win. When Wendy was trying to tell Axe to let it go, I think they were trying to let us know that he's the first character actually smarter than all the "regulars".

As far a Chuck...Would anyone REALLY care that he rigged a student council election when he was a college undergrad?

ultimatemike

I'm about a dollar..
Daps
I hit the double take on Paul a few times and then had to google the previous seasons.

good on him for losing the weight i'm sure its not easy when you get older

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I haven't watched the new episode yet. Keep forgetting it ended in the middle of a season. I don't even remember the storyline it's been so long.
The "good" news is that there's not much you need to remember. Basically, Cory Stoll is another version of Axe, and there can be only one so naturally they are rivals.
That's kind of all you need to know.

CoryMack

Superstar
Daps
The episode was OK.

I think that they're foreshadowing that Prince might actually win. When Wendy was trying to tell Axe to let it go, I think they were trying to let us know that he's the first character actually smarter than all the "regulars".

As far a Chuck...Would anyone REALLY care that he rigged a student council election when he was a college undergrad?

I think the foreshadowing was about hypocrisy and not escaping your past.

Chuck seeing that doctor he had locked up when he thought he was getting a kidney for his father, and even though Axe got a momentary win over Prince, Axe made his fortune in a similar fukked up fashion when his partners died on 9/11.

I can see the past coming back to haunt them being an underlying theme the rest of the season.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I think the foreshadowing was about hypocrisy and not escaping your past.

Chuck seeing that doctor he had locked up when he thought he was getting a kidney for his father, and even though Axe got a momentary win over Prince, Axe made his fortune in a similar fukked up fashion when his partners died on 9/11.

I can see the past coming back to haunt them being an underlying theme the rest of the season.

if you're a self made billionaire, you best believe you stepped on a lot of people to get to that level. they all got skeletons.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
OK, I actually think the show has improved a lot since the break.
It's not nearly as "smart" or as "funny" as it thinks it is, but IMO now with the new "rivalry" it's probably about as entertaining as it was in Season 2.

(still nowhere near Succession, though)