Billions - Season 5/Part 2 (September 5th/Official Thread)

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Why wasn’t there a Billions episode this week??!!!

I think I mentioned it when the season just started but they only got seven episodes done before they had to shut down due to Corona.
so theyre calling it a mid season finale and picking up from there. I read it in an interview with Giamatti.

“How did all this shyt hit the fan?” Paul Giamatti is trying to remember when the production of Billions season five was shut down due to the coronavirus outbreak. “Whenever Hanks was”—that would be Tom Hanks getting diagnosed with COVID-19—“that's how I date when all this stuff started happening.”

The show will go on for now, with the first seven episodes of the season set to air this Summer.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I think I mentioned it when the season just started but they only got seven episodes done before they had to shut down due to Corona.
so theyre calling it a mid season finale and picking up from there. I read it in an interview with Giamatti.

“How did all this shyt hit the fan?” Paul Giamatti is trying to remember when the production of Billions season five was shut down due to the coronavirus outbreak. “Whenever Hanks was”—that would be Tom Hanks getting diagnosed with COVID-19—“that's how I date when all this stuff started happening.”

The show will go on for now, with the first seven episodes of the season set to air this Summer.
Thanks for this update.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
What's Axe's code? He has no limits, there is no line he won't cross.

Look at the Donnie Caan situation. Look at how he snitched on Steven Birch, a peer. Look at how he chiseled his people or his lawyer when it was time to pay them. Look at whats happening with Wendy, the woman he always had some hard to believe, idealistic/Platonic love and respect for. The man even threatened his own mother unless she toed the line in his feud with his father.

What are his redeeming features? That he's a self-made man? That he's nice to celebrity chefs?

Chuck may have some fukked up impulses and his old money upbringing instilled corruption and cronyism in him, but he's head and shoulders above Axe. Axe is all tyrant, even in his most personal relationships. As soon as someone stops wildly cheering for everything he says and does, he turns against them.

He would kill millions if he had the power and they stood in his way, and justified it with some bullshyt Ayn Rand philosophy.

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Billions is a show that is old money vs. new money. Chuck resents Axe because he didn't come from aristocracy the way he did. Axe resents Chuck for the opposite reason.

I gave up on this being a serious show after the third season, but I can't get over the corny middle-age white man references they litter the show with.
this

Nobody talk like that not even PhDs foh

The corny references take away a lot from the show as well as characters like taylor thank God they made that bytch human again this season

Of course Im team Axe but yeah thye jumped the gun settin him up against chuck again

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Billions is a show that is old money vs. new money. Chuck resents Axe because he didn't come from aristocracy the way he did. Axe resents Chuck for the opposite reason.

I gave up on this being a serious show after the third season, but I can't get over the corny middle-age white man references they litter the show with.

Seeing that part in bold reminded me of a Saturday Night Live sketch from the 90's called "The Quotable Caddyshack". Looks like there's no clip of it that I can find online, but I tried to look for it and I found a transcript:

SNL Transcripts: Bill Murray: 02/20/99: The Quotable Caddyshack - SNL Transcripts Tonight

Announcer: You’re a white male between the ages of 15 to 41, chances are you love quoting lines from “Caddyshack”.

Bill Murray: Hello. I’m Bill “Caddyshack” Murray. Let’s face it. In today’s fast-paced high-powered workplace not being able to quote Caddyshack” will cost you quite a few opportunities. The secret language of American business is peppered with quotes from this classic 1980 comedy written by my brother Brian and two other guys. That’s why I’m here to offer you, The Quotable Caddyshack. [big brown leather book] Its the definitive source for all your quote needs.

Basically, Billions believes that the "secret language of American business" is one and the same with "corny middle-age white man references."

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I done got 3 episodes behind. Wondering if I should even tap back in :patrice:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Covid shut down production after ep 7. Thats why they threw in that corna line.

So I'm not 3 episodes behind after all. :ehh:

Should just cancel, go back to the drawing board and try again next season then:mjlol:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:gucci:Wtf going on. Did this shyt end at episode 7? It’s been off for two weeks.