Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
This list looks like they didn’t want to leave anyone out and kept switching people around cause they’d forget people they left off in the middle of making the list. Kendrick should not be number two but whatever.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
This literally can be proven false with basic facts.

It Was Written spent four weeks at number 1 and went double platinum in 1996. If you think ANY artist sells TWO MILLIONS copies of an album not being “commercial” then you are insane.

I am sold 475K its first week on its way to double platinum. I am’s first week outsold Vol. 3’s first week. Not only that, Nas put out ANOTHER album that SAME year that went platinum in two months. At the time the only other rapper to put out TWO PLATINUM ALBUMS in a single year was DMX a year earlier. Those are “commercial” numbers.

Stillmatic, Gods Son, and Streets Disciple all went platinum. Gods Son produced Nas highest charting single, ‘I Can’ (Number 12)

Hip Hop Is Dead sold 358K first week, its first week outsold Jeezy who literally bragged that he would outsell Nas.

Nas is 100% a commercial artist. He may not be what YOU categorize as commercial but the fact remains that by every metric that those who utilize common sense look at, he’s one of the most consistently successful artists in Hip Hop history
Yup
Not to mention IWW was the FIRST album from a NY rapper to DEBUT at #1 on the overall charts.

EastByrd

Pro
Daps
Jada in the 40s:why:

No Cam or Mase or big L:sadcam:

DMX and Lauryn rated too low, Nicki rated too high:snoop:

Tbh I can respect the expression of their own opinions, so many people just clone other peoples top 50s:hubie:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
Nicki Minaj, Drake, Gucci Mane should not be in the Rankings at all.

Rakim at 13 :dahell:

Rakim is the GOAT :salute:

I gotta find it, got a video of Rakim DJ'ing at a Concert I went to about 3 years ago.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
And Wayne No 3 after Nas.

Sorry but PAC and Big careers got cut short. They gotta get bumped up a few spots :manny:
Love Biggie… and Pac but yeah Wayne at 3 is scfurare. Dudes the most influential rapper ever , best mixtape collection ever, very strong discography and about as
many classic verses as any emcee to ever exist.

fukk a hip hop purist, Wayne’s reign was dominant and longer than most… and anyone who truly loves the genre knows Weezy is an all timers, I hate those fans who think he’s trash but will dikkride any backpacker who got like 2-3 albums and are “underground real hip hop” :dead:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Love Biggie… and Pac but yeah Wayne at 3 is scfurare. Dudes the most influential rapper ever , best mixtape collection ever, very strong discography and about as

fukk a hip hop purist, Wayne’s reign was dominant and longer than most… and anyone who truly loves the genre knows Weezy is an all timers, I hate those fans who think he’s trash but will dikkride any backpacker who got like 2-3 albums and are “underground real hip hop” :dead:
Yes, it’s disgusting. He is easily the best mixtape rapper and best feature artist of all time.

Longevity is crazy.

Budda

Superstar
Daps

Drake’s reign>>>>>>Weezy