Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
No one wants to say it but I agree, somewhat, with this sentiment. We never got to see their full career.

They were very impactful while they were here but also benefit from not having to grow with the times and being idolized due to death.
Man, quit it. That argument stands for big, but pac was bigger than life when alive and had way more work for us to judge. Most rappers just have their run and fall off, if “grow with the time” is the metric, LL should be #1, him being relevant and having hits in the mid 80’s to mid 00’s is a much harder growth trajectory to complete than that of any other rapper

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Still surprised that billboard.com could cause such commotion in 2023. Pitchfork, complex, even Source OK — but billboard is wild :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Probably the one thing about this list I have no real issue with.

Actually I didn’t see Freddie Gibbs, who showing no bias, should be in the top 30 at best.
That’s cool you have him there, but no. And especially not using their criteria.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
This list would be perfect if Drake and Jay switched spots. :mjgrin:

Also, Kendrick is placed way too high.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Nicki Minaj, Drake, Gucci Mane should not be in the Rankings at all.

Rakim at 13 :dahell:

Rakim is the GOAT :salute:

I gotta find it, got a video of Rakim DJ'ing at a Concert I went to about 3 years ago.
I feel like they need to do purely skill level lists, then a list where it’s an overall influence type thing, cause then you wouldn’t have some of the nonsense that this list was. Even with that, it’s still one of the better lists as they included trailblazers and didn’t get TOO crazy with the newer folks. Like I understand people wanting to bump Nicki down or not have her on the list in the first place, but you can’t deny her lengthy sustained success (even though it’s totally manufactured being that many women were intentionally stalled out during her run). Also, I’ve never thought Lil Wayne was more than an average super overhyped rapper, but you also can’t deny his very lengthy sustained success, being apart of two highly successful labels for 25+ years, all that hits, and influence (whether you think his influence is good or bad)

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Love Biggie… and Pac but yeah Wayne at 3 is scfurare. Dudes the most influential rapper ever , best mixtape collection ever, very strong discography and about as
many classic verses as any emcee to ever exist.

fukk a hip hop purist, Wayne’s reign was dominant and longer than most… and anyone who truly loves the genre knows Weezy is an all timers, I hate those fans who think he’s trash but will dikkride any backpacker who got like 2-3 albums and are “underground real hip hop” :dead:
How are you defining influence, Like sampling? Quoting?

Biggie died at 24 and is one of the most quoted rappers in history

Budda

Superstar
Daps
He is EASILY but it’s lowkey hilarious seeing Wayne Stan’s get salty cause their arguments based on popularity in 2008 are being used by Drake supporters against him in lists like this today

Word but what is Wayne easily better than Drake at?:patrice: