Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
He's liberal friendly. pro-LGBT, pro BLM, cac teens love him.... and these people are the ones who run radio, festivals, blogs, award shows etc.

(with all that said i still think Kendrick is Top 10 all time.. 9-10 range)
Kendrick is not top 10 and he's amazing but does be have the resume of the atgs? Maybe he does, I just haven't seen it. GKMC was an legendary album

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just don’t like the way he raps. Even though he can be thoughtful, his rapping style annoys me to no end. I think his bars are overstated and his best quality is storytelling. He’s like Eminem if Eminem was cultured and black. I’m never going to rate a rapper like that over someone who raps the way Nas, Jay, Biggie, 3k, etc. rap. I just struggle to listen to son for long periods of time. His entire run has had me questioning if I’ve lost my ear for music. And it’s like, I like the guy personally so I don’t get mad at the accolades but I feel like people (critics) fill in the blank to give his shyt more meaning than it has. I’d rather listen to Cole than him despite his range.

But it could just be me. I’ve accepted it - he’s a GOAT according to popular opinion even though I can think of 20 rappers I would rather listen to RAP.

Dap + rep

It’s not just you. I started to feel like people was gaslighting me cause I seriously haven’t been hearing what it seems like the vast majority and critics are.

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You mean the liberals that hated his last album for being "transphobic," critiquing cancel culture and having some cheeky vaccine comments? Come on fam. You make it sound like Kendrick is Macklemore.

That was a small voice. The main gripe was him not being detail as to why but that also was a small section of people. Majority didn’t care for his stance or was happy with the vaccine comments. We can pull up the receipts in the thread of the people explaining why he said the f word and his reasoning behind it and post screenshots from Reddit and ktt.

Majority didn’t really give a damn and was happy he decided he can’t please everybody, while choosing himself while not being counted out.

I’m about to revisit it tonight. Been months

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
They got Kanye in there and he don’t even write his own lyrics. I don’t think he belongs here. Same with Dr. Dre. Drake too.

You're still pretending :heh: don't write most of his own raps in 2023 my guy? Dre and Kanye don't write none of their own rhymes, that's a different category. Stop it slime :umad:

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
I figured someone like Lauryn Hill would be a better choice, but this list is random as fukk :yeshrug:

She only had 1 real solo album. I'm sure they will justify Biggie being so low because he had a small catalog.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
No Krayzie Bone?

kray.png

nicole89

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where is Bone Thugs N Harmony? Goodie Mob is better than Drake, imo. Too Short is in the top 50. Naughty by Nature should on the list. I can't believe Lil Wayne is on anyone's list. My IQ drops every time I listen to him. Wtf?

Illmagic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
50 cent at 17, Em at 5. No Game or Ja on the list? The machine at work lol.

Honestly the list could have been worse. Aside from Nikki everyone else in the top 10 has a legitimate claim to be there.

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
nikka no. U said people only care about 1 Nas album. That's fukkin ridiculous. All that other shyt is just a bunch of more bullshyt, deflection and being disingenuous which u have mastered on here. U can't make a legit argument with someone who isn't arguing in good faith. U don't argue in good faith. At all.

Breh, you know what it is. He view everything through the lens of Jay. And Jay don't got an album as acclaimed as Illmatic so he don't understand what go along with that

But you look at the most streamed Nas tracks on Spotify, IWW got #1 and #4. I Am got #5 and #6. IWW been the #1 Nas album on Amazon Music for years now. But nobody except Nas stans on The Coli know about anything other than Illmatic :mjlol:

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:hhh: Kendrick has one classic album. One

1. Big
2. Nas

fukk the rest of the list

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
So factoring charting albums or singles is what places Jay and Ken at 1 & 2. We know Nas opts out of the paint by numbers single drops.

That means Nas at number 3 is mainly driven by his artistic offerings over his career which is what really matters amongst true artists. :obama:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
So factoring charting albums or singles is what places Jay and Ken at 1 & 2. We know Nas opts out of the paint by numbers single drops.

That means Nas at number 3 is mainly driven by his artistic offerings over his career which is what really matters amongst true artists. :obama:

Nas has a bunch of charting singles as a lead artist and is one of only TWO rappers in history to have 16 top ten charting albums.

Nas is commercially one of the most consistent rappers of all time.