Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nas has a bunch of charting singles as a lead artist and is one of only TWO rappers in history to have 16 top ten charting albums.

Nas is commercially one of the most consistent rappers of all time.
No where near the same level of some of your more commercial artists. That’s my favorite artist but he been on an illmatic tour for damn near 30 years. He’s the artist that made Illmatic

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
No where near the same level of some of your more commercial artists. That’s my favorite artist but he been on an illmatic tour for damn near 30 years. He’s the artist that made Illmatic

How you gonna say “No where near some of your more commercial artists”

When there is literally only ONE OTHER RAPPER IN HISTORY with an equal amount of top ten charting albums?!!?!

Make it make sense

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
How you gonna say “No where near some of your more commercial artists”

When there is literally only ONE OTHER RAPPER IN HISTORY with an equal amount of top ten charting albums?!!?!

Make it make sense
Because Nas wasn’t huge at selling himself. Barely spoke to media outlets. Nas was successful and has a loyal fan base but his fan base wouldn’t allow him to be commercial. Nas never achieved the crossover appeal that’s needed to truly be a house hold name.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Because Nas wasn’t huge at selling himself. Barely spoke to media outlets. Nas was successful and has a loyal fan base but his fan base wouldn’t allow him to be commercial. Nas never achieved the crossover appeal that’s needed to truly be a house hold name.

This literally can be proven false with basic facts.

It Was Written spent four weeks at number 1 and went double platinum in 1996. If you think ANY artist sells TWO MILLIONS copies of an album not being “commercial” then you are insane.

I am sold 475K its first week on its way to double platinum. I am’s first week outsold Vol. 3’s first week. Not only that, Nas put out ANOTHER album that SAME year that went platinum in two months. At the time the only other rapper to put out TWO PLATINUM ALBUMS in a single year was DMX a year earlier. Those are “commercial” numbers.

Stillmatic, Gods Son, and Streets Disciple all went platinum. Gods Son produced Nas highest charting single, ‘I Can’ (Number 12)

Hip Hop Is Dead sold 358K first week, its first week outsold Jeezy who literally bragged that he would outsell Nas.

Nas is 100% a commercial artist. He may not be what YOU categorize as commercial but the fact remains that by every metric that those who utilize common sense look at, he’s one of the most consistently successful artists in Hip Hop history

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This literally can be proven false with basic facts.

It Was Written spent four weeks at number 1 and went double platinum in 1996. If you think ANY artist sells TWO MILLIONS copies of an album not being “commercial” then you are insane.

I am sold 475K its first week on its way to double platinum. I am’s first week outsold Vol. 3’s first week. Not only that, Nas put out ANOTHER album that SAME year that went platinum in two months. At the time the only other rapper to put out TWO PLATINUM ALBUMS in a single year was DMX a year earlier. Those are “commercial” numbers.

Stillmatic, Gods Son, and Streets Disciple all went platinum. Gods Son produced Nas highest charting single, ‘I Can’ (Number 12)

Hip Hop Is Dead sold 358K first week, its first week outsold Jeezy who literally bragged that he would outsell Nas.

Nas is 100% a commercial artist. He may not be what YOU categorize as commercial but the fact remains that by every metric that those who utilize common sense look at, he’s one of the most consistently successful artists in Hip Hop history
Clearly we have different views on the topic. It’s not a diss I do believe Nas deliberately reigns himself in just like Kendrick but let’s build.

What’s the difference between artists like DMX, Snoop, Jay-z, Kanye compared to Nas. My opinion is the sell themselves as a brand. Nas does to a certain degree but I feel he does it in a humble manner. A good example is his MSG or general promo runs.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Scarface is way too low. He should be top 5. Maybe even top 3

Wack list

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Top 10 should be reorganized as this

1)Pac
2)BIG
3)Nas
4)Jay
5)Wayne
6)Em
7)Drake
8)Kendrick
9)Snoop
10)Nicki

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lists will never win regardless of who is included or who is left off. If the list included G. Rap and Slick Rick and removed some of the more polarizing choices, the list would be called generic.

This list, however, loses because it came up with a BS rule to explain away the omission of a Hip Hop great in Slick Rick.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:ohhh:, typed in "Billboard top 50" in google and this randomly came up too.

This list >>>>, despite the #1 being goofy. Jigga should be higher too...so should Cube. Who tf is JME?

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps

:ohhh:, typed in "Billboard top 50" in google and this randomly came up too.

This list >>>>, despite the #1 being goofy. Jigga should be higher too...so should Cube. Who tf is JME?
you think a list by some z-list rapper blogger, who has JME over Big Boi, Rakim, 50, and right next to Ice cube is better than the BillBoard one?:skip:

fukk billboard, but no:hhh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's hyperbole. The 20th anniversary of Illmatic was when he went on that marathon tour, and that's because there was demand for it. He stopped that when he started putting out new music.

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The authors: “Oh no, we can’t include anyone born outside of North America!”

Also the authors: *Includes someone born in Germany*

:laff: