Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
You still mad huh.
:mjlol:

Nas was at 15mil sold in 2015 in the US alone. Since then Life Is Good got certified gold, he's released multiple albums and streaming nets him around 100k albums sold a year off Spotify alone. Add in overseas sales and you easily get to what I said: around 20mil.

For overseas sales...

Nas has multiple gold (100k+) albums in the UK: Illmatic, IWW, I Am, Stillmatic, God's Son, and the greatest hits album. He has multiple silver (60k+) albums in the UK: Nastradamus, SD, HHID, and Distant Relatives.

Nas has two plat (100k+) albums in Canada: IWW and I Am. He has multiple gold (50k+) albums in Canada: Illmatic, Nastradamus, Stillmatic, God's Son, SD, and Distant Relatives.

Nas has one plat (100k+) album in France: IWW.

You can search the UK certs on BPI. You can search the Canadian certs on Music Canada. Wiki includes most of the certs as well as links to them. Wiki is also missing some sales data (for instance Illmatic being double plat, and IWW being triple plat, in the US).

Nas is one of the most successful US rappers overseas...ever.
None of that equals 5 million let alone 8.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
None of that equals 5 million let alone 8.

This would be a valid point....in 2015. It's 2023. He's at at least 17mil in the US now. Add in the overseas sales and you get exactly where I said it was: around 20mil.

Just admit you were talking out your ass. I'm not saying Nas is some crazy album seller. Compared to Jay, DMX, Biggie etc he's on the lower end. Still twice as much as Ice Cube tho lol.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This would be a valid point....in 2015. It's 2023. He's at at least 17mil in the US now. Add in the overseas sales and you get exactly where I said it was: around 20mil.

Just admit you were talking out your ass. I'm not saying Nas is some crazy album seller. Compared to Jay, DMX, Biggie etc he's on the lower end. Still twice as much as Ice Cube tho lol.
All u doing making up shyt lol

show me numbers

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dude posted a video from Vibe Magazine official account that said he sold 25 million worldwide. That was as of 2014

We supposed to believe you over Vibe?
I see why the world is fukked up people believe anything just because they sound professional lol

i gotta check that list to see if u voted for trump

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay
Drake
Kendrick
Nas
Eminem
Wayne
2pac
Biggie
Kanye
J.Cole

Drake is number two to me right after Jay. nikka got the longest run in history if a hip hop artist

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416

Nas hasn't sold more records than Cube lol

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
This is a copout. Slick Rick is a non negotiable. That said there's no way anyone is ever gonna get a Best Rapper list right. Futile exercise.
Slick Rick is a personal fav of mine, but Im not mad he not top 20 or whatever. I honestly only listen to Great Adventures. as a whole and maybe a few singles outside that.

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CRITERIA
From there, the teams took into account the following criteria, not in any particular order: body of work/achievements (charted singles/albums, gold/platinum certifications), cultural impact/influence (how the artist’s work fostered the genre’s evolution), longevity (years at the mic), lyrics (storytelling skills) and flow (vocal prowess
:aicmon: