Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
But it could just be me. I’ve accepted it - he’s a GOAT according to popular opinion even though I can think of 20 rappers I would rather listen to RAP.
i been there in regards to top 10/20 lists. my personal list is my personal list and no one else's list is changing that

• Dap
Reactions: No1

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He didn’t sell twice as many as ice cube stop it

Ice cube got NWA and 5 plat plus like 4 or 5 gold albums

they on par regards to albums

We're talking solo albums, obviously. And yes, Nas has sold twice as many albums as Ice Cube, who has sold around 9mil records.

Even if you add NWA, Nas sold more lmao.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I think Nas should be number one but this list is a fukked up. Some of these people don’t even belong on a greatest rappers list. It looks like they care about sales or fanbase more than who is actually nice and can rhyme.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Rakim
I think Nas should be number one but this list is a fukked up. Some of these people don’t even belong on a greatest rappers list. It looks like they care about sales or fanbase more than who is actually nice and can rhyme.
To be fair, none of this lists are ever based on who's the nicest/can rhyme the best. These list would consist of 99% of rappers nikkas never heard of lol.

The thing with these list everyone has to understand is it's always done by a collective. And some hold certain things heavier than others in terms of importance. That's why there will never be a consensus list that everyone agrees with.

When I make my list my two main questions are: Whose music did I enjoy the most and how much of their music did I enjoy. You need to hit on both marks to be in my top 10.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
Rakim

To be fair, none of this lists are ever based on who's the nicest/can rhyme the best. These list would consist of 99% of rappers nikkas never heard of lol.

The thing with these list everyone has to understand is it's always done by a collective. And some hold certain things heavier than others in terms of importance. That's why there will never be a consensus list that everyone agrees with.

When I make my list my two main questions are: Whose music did I enjoy the most and how much of their music did I enjoy. You need to hit on both marks to be in my top 10.

I think influence or skill should be more important than who’s known more. I won’t use sales or the highest charted in my list. I think guys like Styles P is a top 20 greatest rapper but others might not agree with that.