Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
How did this become a ice cube vs nas thread. Cube clearly is not high enough on this list. He is the best westcoast rapper since pac and should honestly be where Snoop is on the list, PERIOD.
NaS is NaS. He is a better lyricst but cube has more hit records, better mic presence, and is a better emcee if you want to call emceeing moving the crowd Cube will def do that. I saw cube perform 4 30 minutes straight at a soccer game.. no disrepect he was rocking the entire stadium nas cannot do that at all.

Cube does not have more hit albums than Nas please stop lying

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
im actually surprised at the fact that yall are surprised that Kendrick is up that high:pachaha:

regarding stuff like this? you just knew Kendrick was not gonna finish no less than top 3

Budda

Superstar
Daps
It’s true outside of Nas Stan’s illmatic is the album people know for Nas.

Stop trolling breh Gods son has the most hits, and Stillmatic has the greatest diss of all time and went double platinum probably triple by now .

But you know this you just trolling for no reason don’t it get boring? Thought brehs left that in the last decade.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
agree to disagree, i got kendrick over em and big (TBF, i don't care how skill Em has, he never made music i fukked with)

kendrick gonna go underrated by a lot of folks as some people just can't seem to put a recent (post 2010) rapper in their top 10, def not top 5, and people hate the amount of praise he gets from critics/the media

he has one of the best catalogs in music and did it making completely different projects each time
I just don’t like the way he raps. Even though he can be thoughtful, his rapping style annoys me to no end. I think his bars are overstated and his best quality is storytelling. He’s like Eminem if Eminem was cultured and black. I’m never going to rate a rapper like that over someone who raps the way Nas, Jay, Biggie, 3k, etc. rap. I just struggle to listen to son for long periods of time. His entire run has had me questioning if I’ve lost my ear for music. And it’s like, I like the guy personally so I don’t get mad at the accolades but I feel like people (critics) fill in the blank to give his shyt more meaning than it has. I’d rather listen to Cole than him despite his range.

But it could just be me. I’ve accepted it - he’s a GOAT according to popular opinion even though I can think of 20 rappers I would rather listen to RAP.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because documentation is important for people who didn't live it. Just imagine study history and a big publication is twisting the history about how such and such government or politic movement was really perceived at a particular time. This is black music and it's important to not let anyone taint the cultural aspect of an all genra and dismiss those who helped shape it the most. Those who want to discover hip hop will see those list and not ours and instead of listening in priority to raekwon rakim or ll they will listen to Nicki drake or Kendrick thinking they were the best to ever do it where they were not
Great point, salute. But even still…there’s way more credible, reliable publications and platforms that have done these lists…much more valid than Billboard magazine, concerning hip hop. I’d hope posterity is smart enough to consider the source lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Still sold twice as many records as Cube. Not to mention It Was Written alone was bigger than any Cube album.
He didn’t sell twice as many as ice cube stop it

I never said he did, we were taking about albums
Ice cube got NWA and 5 plat plus like 4 or 5 gold albums

they on par regards to albums