Billboard and Vibe Magazine Top 50 Rappers of all time! #1 Jay-z #2 Kendrick #3 Nas

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he made Amerikkas Most Wanted, Death Certificate, and wrote fukk the Police tho.

Nas is no1 to me....but those albums had a larger influence imo.

You should be more disgusted that Nicki is at #10 and Drake made the top 10.

Snoop shouldn’t be in the top 10 either. He’s an icon no doubt, but c’mon.

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
you a fukking lie, born and raised here, street dreams, nastradamus, hate me now, one mic, made you look, and i can were all on the radio...and oochie wally

:dead: bullshyt... never never been a heavy radio dude gettin played in markets all around the country like everyone else on that Top 10 list.

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Can we dead this whole "because Andre 3000 is on the list, Big Boi deserves to be on it" deal? If Andre 3000 drops a verse on the same day Big Boi dropped an album, the one Andre 3000 verse would be dissected and discussed more than the entirety of the Big Boi album. I'm not saying that to say that Andre 3000 is better, but it is proven that his verses are far more impactful and that even people that put on for Big Boi don't rally for him where it counts.

Big has a solo catalog and as dope as it is, people would rather discuss how overrated Andre 3000 than discuss how great Big Boi is. The greatest disservice to Big Boi and the most disrespectful in regard to Big Boi is when his name is ONLY brought up to discredit Andre 3000's greatness.
I think those alleged 3K fans don't even listen to his music, let alone OutKast, and definitely not Big Boi. The casual public know what they know, and they only know Dre...honestly I don't even know how or where the separation started. Big Boi was at least neck and neck on their biggest albums.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I think those alleged 3K fans don't even listen to his music, let alone OutKast, and definitely not Big Boi. The casual public know what they know, and they only know Dre...honestly I don't even know how or where the separation started. Big Boi was at least neck and neck on their biggest albums.
It's so disrespectful how they act like Big Boi can't hang with Dre or even outshine him at times

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I remember Andre 3000 being nominated for lyricist of the year at The Source awards in 1999. I think he also got quotable of the month for a verse off Aquemini. It's been like this for decades as if there were solo Andre 3000 versions of Kast albums somewhere.

Personally, I think the separation for people who are Kast fans started with Goodie Mob's Soul Food and for the masses, it was TLC's "Something Wicked" off CrazySexyCool. It was the first time people heard Andre 3000 and Big Boi without being on the same track. Listening to Andre 3000 on "Thought Process" and Big on "Dirty South" had people hearing the difference in what type of MC the two of them were. With "Something Wicked", that was a huge look and it only featured Andre 3000 which introduced him to an entirely different audience of people who were either just getting into Kast or they never heard their music before.

Budda

Superstar
Daps
he made Amerikkas Most Wanted, Death Certificate, and wrote fukk the Police tho.

Nas is no1 to me....but those albums had a larger influence imo.

Wrong these albums came out like 3-4years before Illmatic and who mentions them today? Are they in the library of Congress? What songs from the albums are still making adverts, on movie soundtracks? They were monumental at the time but Illmatic and IWW have had a more impactful run when you take into consideration thereafter. Cube biggest song from that time was on his album The Predator, in no shape or form are any of those albums more influential than Illmatic and IWW.

Cube in my top 5-10 too but he ain’t Nas and he ain’t Jigga, he faded out by the time Nas and Jay were releasing Stillmatic and Blueprint, he had a long run from 88 to 2000, but to put in perspective Nas from 94-2006 still had a lot of great albums left after this point, Nas released Life Is Good, Magic and all the King Diseases, and had classic features like his verse on Triple Beam Dreams, Victory with DJ Khaled and etc all after this point.