Bill Burr standup appreciation thread.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Sick of dragging that rusty butterknife across your face, well Ive got the solution: DraftKings.com...I mean uh, Dollar Shave Club

:laff:

:russ:

I want to see his bloopers from 'Breaking Bad' because he has trouble reading at home - I can't imagine how long he takes when cameras are rolling.

"Yes Mr. Black......D'oh Jesus...."

Also - I want a review of the D'Angelo album out of him - you already know the lovely Nea has been bumping it to the point that Bill can't stand to hear it anymore..

sun raw

All Star
Daps
Bill Burr>>>>>Louis " soooo overrated"CK :camby:

White boy aint never said one thing that even made me chuckle

People love to compare Burr and CK but I think they're different enough that it really doesn't make much sense to me. Like it all comes across as really superficial. They're both balding redheads that tell dark jokes so that's enough for some people I guess?

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
People love to compare Burr and CK but I think they're different enough that it really doesn't make much sense to me. Like it all comes across as really superficial. They're both balding redheads that tell dark jokes so that's enough for some people I guess?

I hear you...I just dig BB more because he is angry and i feel that shyt...

sun raw

All Star
Daps
I hear you...I just dig BB more because he is angry and i feel that shyt...

He's definitely the best comedian today doing the angry thing and doing it right. I like CK's material more but Burr has the better stage presence. Dude knows how to work the crowd.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Bill Burr to me is like an updated version of George Carlin ...a tell it how it is ....pointing out just how dumb things and people are but use awesome analogies to make their arguments poignant ...like you laugh your ass off but at the same time your like "damn that kinda blew my mind right there...never thought of it that way"

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Bill Burr is way better than Louis CK

Louis CK is the beta "woe is me" type, Bill is the "woe is me but... fukk all y'all" type, and you already saw a strain and a clear decline in Louie's last special, there's only so much you can do when you have that kind of character and are such a big celebrity now

and here's something off-topic, but I hope Bill doesn't do (I don't think he'll ever get there, which is harsh but true)

whats up with comedians doing comedy shows in arenas now? especially in NYC? you had Russell Peters do one recently, Louis CK is gonna do one next year. Comedy isn't some "I'll sit in the last row of a 15,000 arena" endeavor, it's supposed to be more intimate than that.. I'll never go to one of those.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bill Burr is way better than Louis CK

Louis CK is the beta "woe is me" type, Bill is the "woe is me but... fukk all y'all" type, and you already saw a strain and a clear decline in Louie's last special, there's only so much you can do when you have that kind of character and are such a big celebrity now

and here's something off-topic, but I hope Bill doesn't do (I don't think he'll ever get there, which is harsh but true)

whats up with comedians doing comedy shows in arenas now? especially in NYC? you had Russell Peters do one recently, Louis CK is gonna do one next year. Comedy isn't some "I'll sit in the last row of a 15,000 arena" endeavor, it's supposed to be more intimate than that.. I'll never go to one of those.
I think Bill actually said this on his episode of Comedians In Cars with Jerry Seinfeld. He loves doing shows in old intimate settings and is always on the hunt for unique arenas. I let my sister watch You People Are All The Same on Netflix on Xmas and she was on the floor laughing her guts out and after I told her he has a black wife that's comes on his podcast from time to time she's locked in.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
catching up on the last 2 months of podcasts

whenever he has one of his cronies on = :huhldup: jason lawhead "oh yeah? oh? lemme just get one sentence in cause i'm nowhere near as interesting" ROSE BOWL TAILGATE LEGEND (though next monday the podcast will be great with whatever happened today)

babe ruth running around with crazy legs johnson and googlyeyes ulysses.

when he was beatboxin some of those "classic hits" during that time I was dyin'
damn tho :dead:

nia popping up with the psych quiz was funny, you see the "even if you get married you still have to game your chick" articles around and stuff, i'd say just hearing them interact they sound like a fun couple, bill just has this flirt-mode with her and she starts giggling and stuff, funny to listen to

youuuuu dont wanna fukk with BB.......... :dead:

you could tell he was tired/out of the loop, breh did the same exact podcast two weeks in a row with the same topics, even the same interjections on the similar advertising. breh was running on fumes with this netflix show probably

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Bill Burr>>>>>Louis " soooo overrated"CK :camby:

White boy aint never said one thing that even made me chuckle

Breh - you don't fux with 'Louie'?

My review of this season in smileys is:

:mjlol::russ::ohhh::deadrose::lupe::to::sadbron::krs::wow::gladbron::blessed:

One of the most carefully put together shows on TV right now.