Biggie Told Me Jay Z Was Nicer Than Him -Lil Cease

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I used to believe that Jay was nicer than big, and yes, Jay is more lyrical than big, but Big, overall, is the greatest MC to ever pick up a microphone. Bigs ability to float on any beat, and any flow, and not sound forced or gimmicky, combined with his mic presence, is something we have not seen since. Can’t stop the Rain/Reign and Benjamin’s beat switch are the, imo, two greatest performances in hip hop history. Listening to Big now is just sad because you think about how he would have flowed over certain beats and what kind of slang and shyt he would be spitting now. To me, Big is the GOAT, then Jay.

Biggie had it all when it comes to being the perfect emcee and then when it comes to his albums he was able to do all type of songs from the songs for the streets to commercial joints (singles) for the radio and videos to the storytelling etc etc

He just had everything it takes to be the perfect emcee and lyricist. Rhymes, lyrics, Voice, cadence, flow, delivery, storytelling etc etc

Big mastered every element of emceeing

He's the Jimi Hendrix of Hip Hop

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lucky Me
You Must Love Me
Song Cry
This can’t be life
There’s been a murder
Pray
Kill Jay Z
Welcome To the Jungle
Some How Some Way
So Ambitious
Moment of Clarity
Never Change
Lost one
Nickels & Dimes
Sweet
Etc…. Are just as good as any of those songs

the gold standard song in this category imo is “so many tears”

I like all those songs but nah.

Song Cry the beat and the female create the emotion not Jay's bars

This cant be life, he sounded shallow next to beans and especially face.

I dont know what it is with this nikka but I never feel shyt when he tries to display any kind of emotion it feels fake

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Big is better overall. That being said I Don't know why nikkas acting like Jay don't got albums on the same level as Bigs.

Cuz Reasonable doubt >Life after Death

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
I remember me and my man use to argue with the whole block when we expressed how we felt Jay was better then BIG (and this was when BIG was still alive). And this ain’t no knock against BIG at all. I always felt BIG had a better flow and was a better hitmaker. BIG was so gifted with his talent, everything he did felt effortless. But as someone who was in the game during the time when RD was out, the shyt Jay was spitting on there resonated a lil bit more with me. When Jay would say shyt like:

“Pay 580 for blow, better believe
I have 1160 to show”

That was a nod and wink to the hustlers that were knee deep in the streets. As I said, nothing against BIG. Just my preference.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I like all those songs but nah.

Song Cry the beat and the female create the emotion not Jay's bars

This cant be life, he sounded shallow next to beans and especially face.

I dont know what it is with this nikka but I never feel shyt when he tries to display any kind of emotion it feels fake
A rapper thinking they may be a failure and the disappointment of a miscarriage after being so happy about to have a child is fake lol

He win so much u don’t think he can hurt or something lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A rapper thinking they may be a failure and the disappointment of a miscarriage after being so happy about to have a child is fake lol

He win so much u don’t think he can hurt or something lol

Shiiiit you might be right I dont know, I just never connect with that side him

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Biggie flowed to the drums so he obviously switched his flow up according to the beat

Effortless flow, only way to describe it
That was not a bone thugs flow

He'll that was really just a sped up pace to his usual flow

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
It sounds effortless with Biggie like he could do it in his sleep cuz he was that nice. I never got that impression/feeling from Jay.
That was his flow, but flow is not the end all. There's other factors and Jay's flow is just as good if not better

Jay does all what you just said and delivers the bragdacious rapping better than Big with witty bars.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Biggie introspective/retrospective songs - Miss U, Sky's The Limit, Everyday Struggle, Ready to Die, Things Done Changed and Juicy
None of these r introspective, you might need to learn what introspective/self reflective writing is. These tracks are more so Storytelling or Rag to riches bragging(Juicy). Retrospective wise some of those count via the storytelling

Miss u is prolly the closest, but nah there's hardly any self reflection in the lyrics

Just like what you said on Jay can apply to Big, big was no pac or Nas, on this category either

Infact Suicidal thoughts is prolly his only introspective track
and that honestly is highly shock value influenced so its some parts just shock rap

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
None of these r introspective, you might need to learn what introspective/self reflective writing is. These tracks are more so Storytelling or Rag to riches bragging(Juicy). Retrospective wise some of those count via the storytelling

Miss u is prolly the closest, but nah there's hardly any self reflection in the lyrics

Just like what you said on Jay can apply to Big, big was no pac or Nas, on this category either

Infact Suicidal thoughts is prolly his only introspective track
and that honestly is highly shock value influenced so its some parts just shock rap

:gucci::mjtf::what::martin: