Biggie Told Me Jay Z Was Nicer Than Him -Lil Cease

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay's delivery is just as good as Big

And cadence to as Jay came with a more sorta like sarcastic witty nikka which fit into the mold of his style of rapping of delivering witty entendres, and metaphors

So nah, Storytelling? Yeah sure

But not delivery and cadence its tied and I give cadence/charisma to Jay
It sounds effortless with Biggie like he could do it in his sleep cuz he was that nice. I never got that impression/feeling from Jay.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Jay's bread and butter ain't them retrospective/introspective songs either. He always comes up weak on them joints, especially compared to BIG, Nas and Pac

Compared to Nas and Pac sure, but not Big.

D'evils isn't even one of 'those' joints but yet in still...thick content, slick varried flows, he's talking a lot of the same tough guy shyt that Big was but you getting different angles weaved in and out of the song.

Now to a fan, Biggie's style hits you immediatly, that's why he blew so quick, very dynamic pressence. But if you rap or study rap like a rapper would (ie. Biggie himself), you're gonna see shyt a little differently. Hence people coming in here like "Cease is lying!"

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
What are these Biggie & Nas retro/introspective songs Jay can’t match?

Biggie introspective/retrospective songs - Miss U, Sky's The Limit, Everyday Struggle, Ready to Die, Things Done Changed and Juicy.

Nas' introspective/retrospective - Life's a B*tch, Project Windows, Remember The Times, Nothing Lasts Forever, Poppa Was A Playa, Just A Moment, Book of Rhymes, Dance, Fetus, and Heaven. Patience. Nas has so many. This is Nas' lane.

Every time Jay tries to write an introspective/retrospective song, he comes of course as bland and empty.

Last edited:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Compared to Nas and Pac sure, but not Big.

D'evils isn't even one of 'those' joints but yet in still...thick content, slick varried flows, he's talking a lot of the same tough guy shyt that Big was but you getting different angles weaved in and out of the song.

Now to a fan, Biggie's style hits you immediatly, that's why he blew so quick, very dynamic pressence. But if you rap or study rap like a rapper would (ie. Biggie himself), you're gonna see shyt a little differently. Hence people coming in here like "Cease is lying!"

Compared to BIG too

Jay always sounds empty on his so called "introspective" and "retrospective" songs, he lacks emotion

He just ain't got it like that

He shines with his club songs though, that's his bread and butter.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Biggie introspective/retrospective songs - Miss U, Sky's The Limit, Everyday Struggle, Ready to Die, Things Done Changed and Juicy.

Nas' introspective/retrospective - Life's a B*tch, Project Windows, Remember The Times, Nothing Lasts Forever, Poppa Was A Playa, Just A Moment, Book of Rhymes, Dance, Fetus, and Heaven. Patience. Nas has so many. This is Nas' lane.

Every time Jay tries to write an introspective/retrospective song, he comes of course as bland and empty.

Lucky Me
You Must Love Me
Song Cry
This can’t be life
There’s been a murder
Pray
Kill Jay Z
Welcome To the Jungle
Some How Some Way
So Ambitious
Moment of Clarity
Never Change
Lost one
Nickels & Dimes
Sweet
Etc…. Are just as good as any of those songs

the gold standard song in this category imo is “so many tears”

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Lucky Me
You Must Love Me
Song Cry
This can’t be life
There’s been a murder
Pray
Kill Jay Z
Welcome To the Jungle
Some How Some Way
So Ambitious
Moment of Clarity
Never Change
Lost one
Nickels & Dimes
Sweet
Etc…. Are just as good as any of those songs

the gold standard song in this category imo is “so many tears”

Nope

The beat for Lucky Me is so ass. shyt sounds like elevator music

The beat for Never Change is soulful though

This Can't Be Life is probably his best and it's not just because of Jay's verses either. Face had the best verse on that joint and then Beans.

But nope

None of those Jay songs are on the same level as Biggie's and Nas' introspective/retrospective songs.

Pac's "So Many Tears" is a masterpiece. Great songwriting from Pac and epic production from Shock G

Daps
One day some of yall will learn there’s more to rapping than just being “lyrical” you have to take the other elements also And make a summery.

Jay ain’t better than biggie at all

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nope

The beat for Lucky Me is so ass. shyt sounds like elevator music

The beat for Never Change is soulful though

This Can't Be Life is probably his best and it's not just because of Jay's verses either. Face had the best verse on that joint and then Beans.

But nope

None of those Jay songs are on the same level as Biggie's and Nas' introspective/retrospective songs.

Pac's "So Many Tears" is a masterpiece. Great songwriting from Pac and epic production from Shock G
lil Wayne got Lucky me tatted on him

Future still in his feelings over Kill Jay Z

92 bricks still talked about to this day

Dumb down my dollars

Make Another Hov

Song cry entire song

Nobody quotes any of them Nas records except his Stan’s

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay-z is/was nicer than Big. Big knowing this just shows you how self-aware and realistic he was, salute.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
lil Wayne got Lucky me tatted on him

Future still in his feelings over Kill Jay Z

92 bricks still talked about to this day

Dumb down my dollars

Make Another Hov

Song cry entire song

Nobody quotes any of them Nas records except his Stan’s

And yet none of those songs are still on the same level as BIG and Nas' introspective and retrospective songs

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Jay ain't nicer than Biggie

None of Jay's albums are on the same level of Biggie's albums. Not a one.

Biggie the GOAT
I used to believe that Jay was nicer than big, and yes, Jay is more lyrical than big, but Big, overall, is the greatest MC to ever pick up a microphone. Bigs ability to float on any beat, and any flow, and not sound forced or gimmicky, combined with his mic presence, is something we have not seen since. Can’t stop the Rain/Reign and Benjamin’s beat switch are the, imo, two greatest performances in hip hop history. Listening to Big now is just sad because you think about how he would have flowed over certain beats and what kind of slang and shyt he would be spitting now. To me, Big is the GOAT, then Jay.