Biggie Told Me Jay Z Was Nicer Than Him -Lil Cease

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Jay is very overrated and history will reveal this. People were blinded by hype, trinkets and Beyoncé to rate him correctly.
When exactly will this happen sir? Because ummmm, dude been rhymin since the EIGHTIES:jbhmm:

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Jay is very overrated and history will reveal this. People were blinded by hype, trinkets and Beyoncé to rate him correctly.
To an extent maybe but all that you mentioned also masks and blinds people to seeing Jigga is nice as hell. You can put him in a room with MC's people think are nice and Jigga can hold his own easily.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
big wasn't that type of writer, alot of the things you said on Jay can apply to Big as their content is the same as well as their approach.

Their style is the same with the exception of Jay's more lyrical dense delivery and big being more of a storyteller and straightforward

But Jay pulled it off better

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
to each their own RD is a flawless album Id take Can I live and bring it on prolly over anything on RTD outside of unbelieiveable

RD is a flawlessly classic album but it ain’t as timeless as RTD. Bring It On is my most favorite track from that album but for me, it faces tough competition with Unbelievable, Machine Gun Funk, and Everyday Struggle.

Milk Man

Veteran
Daps
big wasn't that type of writer, alot of the things you said on Jay can apply to Big as their content is the same as well as their approach.

Their style is the same with the exception of Jay's more lyrical dense delivery and big being more of a storyteller and straightforward

But Jay pulled it off better

:russ::mjlol::laff:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big said Kiss, Nas and Jay were better than him. He liked saying people are better than him, but at the end of the day, only one person on that list had a better 3 album run to start his career.

BangBike

N.M.B 🚲
Daps
Big got the better delivery and vocal tone..

Also was able to convey emotions on the track better..

Everything Jigga can do Big could do better..

Plus Big would've murdered Em on his own shyt... :sas2:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Reasonable Doubt came out between both Biggie albums and sold less than Raekwon.. :mjlol: Summer 96 everyone in NY was bumping It was written but these nikkaz try to rewrite history. Jay-Z didn't become huge til BIG died.
You can’t really hold that against Jay tho. He had one of the best albums of the year but so much shyt dropped from already established acts that year that he flew under the radar

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I used to believe that Jay was nicer than big, and yes, Jay is more lyrical than big, but Big, overall, is the greatest MC to ever pick up a microphone. Bigs ability to float on any beat, and any flow, and not sound forced or gimmicky, combined with his mic presence, is something we have not seen since. Can’t stop the Rain/Reign and Benjamin’s beat switch are the, imo, two greatest performances in hip hop history. Listening to Big now is just sad because you think about how he would have flowed over certain beats and what kind of slang and shyt he would be spitting now. To me, Big is the GOAT, then Jay.

I’m convinced BIG would murder a Trap beat with zero effort….Even a Drill beat :whew:

Imagine Biggie being around to do an album executive produced by Hit-Boy :mjcry:

Sankofa Alwayz

Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Biggie had it all when it comes to being the perfect emcee and then when it comes to his albums he was able to do all type of songs from the songs for the streets to commercial joints (singles) for the radio and videos to the storytelling etc etc

He just had everything it takes to be the perfect emcee and lyricist. Rhymes, lyrics, Voice, cadence, flow, delivery, storytelling etc etc

Big mastered every element of emceeing

He's the Jimi Hendrix of Hip Hop

He was a nasty ass battle rapper/freestyler too :wow:

GollyImGully

Too many wavy women, gotta log outta IG
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BIG was just so effortless with it....The crazy shyt about it all is the man was just getting better. Listen to the last verses he put out and its just mind blowing how good he was

Though Hov said the last thing he played for him was this...

BIG was prob in the studio like:whew::lupe: