Biggest What Ifs in Wrestling?

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
I don't think a healthy HBK could have stopped Austin, as the MSG thing would have still taken place, so HHH would have still been punished and Austin still would have won King of the Ring. I still think Austin ends up winning the WWF title at Wrestlemania 14, but probably from Bret. And it would make sense too because Austin could get his win back from the man he passed out to but never beat. There never would have been a Mr. McMahon, as there would be no reason to, and HHH may have never risen to where he was either, because he was the one rising to the top after Shawn's demise. BUT then again, maybe without the back injury, Shawn never conquers his demons either and has a tragic ending... either way, post Wrestlemania 14, I see more Hart Foundation vs. Austin matches. Who knows if that would have overtaken WCW because the Mr. McMahon character was as important as Austin. Would Rock break out? Likely faster, as there would be no DX /HHH trying to actively hold him down. If Bret stays, do they fully go "Attitude" to play off of what ECW was doing? I don't know. Fun to think about.
You gotta remember they spent a minute building him up up before the king of the ring run. Austin was positioned as someone to watch. Not to say anyone could of predicted what was to come, nevertheless, they gave him the million dollar dream and belt which was alot more than cats were getting back then.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I'm actually not from Kentucky. And if you think I exclusively defend the honor of AEW, then you are of less intellect than Vince Russo when he decided to put the WCW title belt on David Arquette.

So you’re not denying the fact you’re a cac :jbhmm:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
biggest what if moment, when Vince bought WCW, if he had made a surprise entrance on Nitro instead of that shyt with Shane.
what if Vince ran WCW and ECW as completely separate entities and actually let them rock along with the WWE. the amount of storylines that could have generated

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Magnum TA's car accident fukked up the NWA/JCP so badly. He was poised to be a top star for like the next decade at least

Magnum ta >>>>> hogan

I still think about that all the time.
If you turned the channel and got magnum for that brief time. It was watching the higher quality hulk hogan.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If the real art barr had of been mature enough to not mess with underage children is Wrasslin's biggest what if. As he is really the goat.
as far as inring talent to character and mic work.
Proverbially,....the full package all time.

The most gifted performer all time.
along with the most immature silver spoon goofie.

Dude ruined it.

The more i age as a parent.
I smh at how pisspoor immature decision making.
ruined such a potentially goat career.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Magnum TA's car accident fukked up the NWA/JCP so badly. He was poised to be a top star for like the next decade at least

What if nwa came on before samurai showdown after dungeons and dragons aired. After all the saturday morning cartoons at 11am like wwf did.
Instead of saturday night main event adult programming style time slots.

As i never eatched wwf ever again after i saw magnum ta.

Broke my heart when the filmed the spike piledriver angle.
to say magnum was done by the horsemen.
As a kid to see bad villaina like the horsemen win. Was just captivating tv that will never be seen ever again.
Back then,...
The villain winning was so next level that i still get chills. Thinking about how scared i was.
when the horsemen got duh-tay and tied him up with that fishing line.
Plus how they used to destroy magnum before the injury too.

Getting beatdown by villains was unfathomable back then on tv.

Larry bird and the horsemen were the best villains.
in the history of a black man watching tv ever.

Art Barr

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
What if Eddie Guerrero hadn't died? Does Chris Benoit end up doing the double-murder homicide thing that rocked the wrestling world and helped lead to the much more prominent awareness and research into CTE that followed? And if this bigger role of CTE hadn't happened, do we see the increasing decrease in youth football participation we have been seeing ever since? Does the crackdown on substance abuse in wrestling happen again?

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My favorite one is what if curtain call never happened?

HHH was scheduled to win the next King of the ring but he took the heat for it since they couldn’t punish the other 3. Austin ended up winning which gave us the Austin 3:16 promo.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
HHH's contract coming up at the tail end of 1998 and Nash & Hall were trying to recruit him to WCW. Hunter entertained the idea but was convinced to stay when Vince put a guaranteed title reign in his new contract (an apparent first.) Imagine what would've happened if Hunter jumped ship to WCW going into 1999.

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
What if TNA gave way to Heyman's demands (Full creative control, stakes in the company, fire all the old guys) to become their head of creative?

What would TNA be under Heyman? A viable alternative? Another lil company that could? Exactly the same? Or Heyman could've given them the touch of death and ran the company into the ground?

Would that play a factor to Lesnar's role in WWE? Or it was a matter of time before Heyman came back to be his manager?