Biggest What Ifs in Wrestling?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
This is turning into a dope thread :ehh:

We prolly woulda gotten a classic HBK vs Bret feud in the 2000s had Goldberg not fukked up

I think it was dope Bret got the WCW world title but things woulda played out so different if he didn’t leave WWE

Bret leaving WWE might be the single most impactful event in wrestling history. The entire next 10-15 years would have played out so differently.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Magnum TA's car accident fukked up the NWA/JCP so badly. He was poised to be a top star for like the next decade at least
Listening to Arn Anderson podcast, NWA/JCP was on borrowed time no matter the star. Although they were doing good/great in attendance at most of their shows if they stayed within their territory. Vince with his counter programming was always gonna be an issue. NWA/JCP not doing licensing/merchandise deals was also bad for their business, they didnt have income to offset the hemmoraging they were doing.

The private jet the Horsemen used cost $4500 an hour to operate and on a regular basis they were doing 2 shows a day in different states.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Piggybacking off this one. Let's say Bret stays. How is Austin elevated with Bret and a still healthy HBK in the main event? Furthermore with Bret still here, there's no need to put the belt on HBK at SS 97'. Without Shawn as champ, there's probably no casket match for him to fukk his back up in at RR 98'. The most fascinating thing about the Austin era is how quickly the transition went from Bret/HBK to Austin. By summer 98 they were both long gone to make room for his and Rock's eventual rise. Reminds me Jay Z rising to the top of rap in the wake of Big/Pac's deaths.
Bruce Prichard said no matter what at WM14 Austin was gonna win the title no matter the opponent.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What if Shelton Benjamin won the first money in the bank instead of Edge?

What if they stuck with the original idea of Mark Jindrak instead of Batista for Evolution?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
This kinda thread pops up every so often, so I'll try to stay away from the normal ones (no screwjob, WCW winning the war, Brock not leaving in 04, etc.) and throw out something different:

What happens if Brodie Lee doesn't pass away? Given the way he was booked as TNT champ and booked strong in his loss to Moxley for the title, he probably not only would have been a title contender again, but Dark Order would have not slid down the card.

Also, Punk and Danielson cite the way AEW handled his illness as reasons for joining them. If he's still alive, does Punk come back to the world of pro wrestling? Does BD reup with WWE instead of leaving?

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
For my puro brehs.... what if Naito didn't get bumped from the Wrestle Kingdom main event for the Intercontinental Champion Nakamura/Tanahashi match.... would he still have a crisis in his babyface push, go to Mexico and link up with Los Ingobernables... and come back to Japan to become the degenerate legend that we know and love today?
bd57a3f4434fae6f254e11cc106a49efdc2a1ba7.gifv

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
What if the WCW invasion angle had all its top stars at once?
What if DDP wasn’t booked as the stalker?
What if WCW was seriously set as the Monday show?
What if Hoegan and Flair stayed in the WWF?
What if Austin never got to the WWF?
What if Lesnar actually had a great football career?
What if the Rock failed in Hollywood?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
You’re a white guy from Kentucky who posts on a black message board exclusively to defend the honor of AEW
I'm actually not from Kentucky. And if you think I exclusively defend the honor of AEW, then you are of less intellect than Vince Russo when he decided to put the WCW title belt on David Arquette.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Magnum TA's car accident fukked up the NWA/JCP so badly. He was poised to be a top star for like the next decade at least

This one is good. Alot of people say Dusty booked himself so strong because their wasn't a strong Babyface to counter flair but at the same time I could still see dusty building himself up as well. So I wonder if Magnum eventually gets fed up and jumps or does dusty wear polka dots a little earlier.