Biggest What Ifs in Wrestling?

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
Not sure how big a what if, but always wondered if Balor didn't get injured right after winning the Universal title, would they have strapped a rocket to him. Even at the time I felt he would have killed it with merch and the kiddos. Seemed like he had one shot with Vince
I think about this from time to time whenever he's on TV. It definitely felt like Vince went "He's injury prone pal" and they never gave him a realistic opportunity to see if he could be a main eventer (when he came back after the injury, he would just be in random matches and never have any promo time to get over with the crowd).

Two Stacks

New Orleans Shoe Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans, Louisiana
I think about this from time to time whenever he's on TV. It definitely felt like Vince went "He's injury prone pal" and they never gave him a realistic opportunity to see if he could be a main eventer (when he came back after the injury, he would just be in random matches and never have any promo time to get over with the crowd).

Yea. when he showed up on Raw that was my first exposure to him, I had high hopes when he won the title.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
What if Mr. Kennedy didn't get injured in 2007? He was this close to winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

Not sure how big a what if, but always wondered if Balor didn't get injured right after winning the Universal title, would they have strapped a rocket to him. Even at the time I felt he would have killed it with merch and the kiddos. Seemed like he had one shot with Vince

My friend and I were just talking about this. Balor was treated like a huge deal when he first came to the main roster. One of the first couple draft picks, beat Reigns and Rollins on his way to becoming Universal Champion. They seriously were about to make him the face of RAW and give him a new world championship before anyone else. Then he got injured and they lost faith in him forever. Vince most likely looked at him as a liability after that.

I don't know how Balor would have done as the champion and RAW would have changed a lot because of that, but it's really interesting to think about. Does Triple H still turn on Seth? Are Jericho and Owens still being featured in segments like that? Does Balor eventually get a big match at WrestleMania?

Daps
If the rock never left wwe for Hollywood there's no doubt in my mind cena would have never gotten the chance to the rise to the heights that he did.

If Vince was no longer running wwe I wonder what would happen to it????:jbhmm:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Not the biggest by any means but an interesting one I just thought of:

If Queen Elizabeth had died last week, what would WWE have done with Clash at the Castle?

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What if Mr. Kennedy didn't get injured in 2007? He was this close to winning the World Heavyweight Championship.

My friend and I were just talking about this. Balor was treated like a huge deal when he first came to the main roster. One of the first couple draft picks, beat Reigns and Rollins on his way to becoming Universal Champion. They seriously were about to make him the face of RAW and give him a new world championship before anyone else. Then he got injured and they lost faith in him forever. Vince most likely looked at him as a liability after that.

I don't know how Balor would have done as the champion and RAW would have changed a lot because of that, but it's really interesting to think about. Does Triple H still turn on Seth? Are Jericho and Owens still being featured in segments like that? Does Balor eventually get a big match at WrestleMania?
Balor was that fresh face that was elevated to the main event scene, and would have really created some fresh matchups and storylines. Instead we got the same old stuff for quite some time. Damn shame. Im glad we got Balor's 2nd NXT run, but still....