THROWDOWN TUESDAYS: TOP 100 YEARS - SPECIAL EDITION

• '95 NOTORIOUS B.I.G.

• '99 JAY-Z

• TIE

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Biggie was the face of rap BEFORE he died. You can't apply that to other rappers. That's what sets him apart from other his peers & contemporaries. And he had these plans in motion which was taken by nikkas in his inner circle. They rode that wave & benefited from his death

what motion? an idea isn't motion. Its just an idea, that plenty of others have had.

being the face of hip-hop and being the biggest draw/earner are two different things.

jay moreso rode the combination of the ruff ryder wave & his own wave to success. he tried to ride the bad boy wave with volume 1 but failed.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
what motion? an idea isn't motion. Its just an idea, that plenty of others have had.

being the face of hip-hop and being the biggest draw/earner are two different things.

jay moreso rode the combination of the ruff ryder wave & his own wave to success. he tried to ride the bad boy wave with volume 1 but failed.

You must like to argue because you keep changing the context or ignoring what I've said. There's a huge thread that @Rapmastermind made which had the plans/interviews of all the things he had planned or was putting in motion. Some of that was common knowledge that came with being of age during that era. Brooklyn Mint was in its infancy stage while Big passed but it doesn't change the fact that he spoke about it interviews & had it motion. The same for his restaurant. I'm done with this because you're presented with points yet you refuse to acknowledge this or try to change the argument to fit whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You must like to argue because you keep changing the context or ignoring what I've said. There's a huge thread that @Rapmastermind made which had the plans/interviews of all the things he had planned or was putting in motion. Some of that was common knowledge that came with being of age during that era. Brooklyn Mint was in its infancy stage while Big passed but it doesn't change the fact that he spoke about it interviews & had it motion. The same for his restaurant. I'm done with this because you're presented with points yet you refuse to acknowledge this or try to change the argument to fit whatever you're trying to accomplish.

EVERYBODY HAS PLANS!!!!!!!!
and a lot of people and rappers had plans IN MOTION that were either halted or downright failed. and that includes rappers that had more money, clout & success than biggie.

just because people choose to write articles about big's plans, because he died, it doesn't mean that he was gonna automatically succeed in all of them, if any at all. LOL. yall lose yall minds when it comes to deceased artists.

shoot, junior mafia didn't even do what biggie wanted, and that was before he passed.

btw, yes I like to argue.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
EVERYBODY HAS PLANS!!!!!!!!
and a lot of people and rappers had plans IN MOTION that were either halted or downright failed. and that includes rappers that had more money, clout & success than biggie.

just because people choose to write articles about big's plans, because he died, it doesn't mean that he was gonna automatically succeed in all of them, if any at all. LOL. yall lose yall minds when it comes to deceased artists.

shoot, junior mafia didn't even do what biggie wanted, and that was before he passed.

btw, yes I like to argue.

Plans he had in motion before his death. Just like when he formed The Commission. His inner circle peoples copied those ideas & were successful. Do you even understand what I wrote? I said it wouldn't automatically make him successful with everything but if you look at Puff & Jay's success with the plans Big had in motion BEFORE his death you'd get an idea of what COULD'VE been. My bottom line point has been consistent through this ridiculous exchange with you. I don't know why you can't accept that.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Plans he had in motion before his death. Just like when he formed The Commission. His inner circle peoples copied those ideas & were successful. Do you even understand what I wrote? I said it wouldn't automatically make him successful with everything but if you look at Puff & Jay's success with the plans Big had in motion BEFORE his death you'd get an idea of what COULD'VE been. My bottom line point has been consistent through this ridiculous exchange with you. I don't know why you can't accept that.

and whats so great about the commission? it wasn't the first group of its kind neither.

none of these ideas are original. did puff & jay get their ideas from biggie? possibly but none of these ideas are original or groundbreaking.

jay & puff are businessmen. the chances of them being successful were much greater than biggie, who was merely a rapper who didn't even have his money right.

youre right about one thing. this exchange is indeed ridiculous. youre in here trying to hold on to your holy grails, with no real logic behind em.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
and whats so great about the commission? it wasn't the first group of its kind neither.

none of these ideas are original. did puff & jay get their ideas from biggie? possibly but none of these ideas are original or groundbreaking.

jay & puff are businessmen. the chances of them being successful were much greater than biggie, who was merely a rapper who didn't even have his money right.

youre right about one thing. this exchange is indeed ridiculous. youre in here trying to hold on to your holy grails, with no real logic behind em.

You're denial about this & have your own bias against him & LAD. That much is a fact. Everything else you said is your own terrible opinion. I'm done with this & you

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Biggie, without giving it much thought at all.

'99 was a horrible year all around for hip hop, and '99 was Vol. 3 time for Jay.

:camby:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You're denial about this & have your own bias against him & LAD. That much is a fact. Everything else you said is your own terrible opinion. I'm done with this & you

have fun in your fairytale rap world.:hubie:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
have fun in your fairytale rap world.:hubie:

You was 11 years old when Big & Pac died living in a suburb of Pennsylvania behind a computer posting on forums. Your opinion is the definition of a fairytale, now STFU

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
You was 11 years old when Big & Pac died living in a suburb of Pennsylvania behind a computer posting on forums. Your opinion is the definition of a fairytale, now STFU

oh youre definitely upset.

now we're gonna make up more fairy tales, and claim that I grew up in the suburbs.

whats funny is that this discussion didn't even warrant any name-calling or anything of that nature. u clowns stay exposing yourselves.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
oh youre definitely upset.

now we're gonna make up more fairy tales, and claim that I grew up in the suburbs.

whats funny is that this discussion didn't even warrant any name-calling or anything of that nature. u clowns stay exposing yourselves.

That's not name calling; I'm speaking the truth & bringing up details YOU shared on this forum. Stop lying about not being from the suburbs nikka. You was 11 years old on a computer with access to the internet around 96/97 by your own admission :heh: I don't know of ANY non suburb nikkas having a computer let alone the internet back then. You stay exposing yourself

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
that ready to die/junior mafia run tho

and that run of guest spots

man this is tough.

I voted jay tho

Thats what made Big's death so tragic. Bad Boy was on such an incredible run and at the centre of it all was Big. He had the world at his feet and boom...

Voted for Big

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That's not name calling; I'm speaking the truth & bringing up details YOU shared on this forum. Stop lying about not being from the suburbs nikka. You was 11 years old on a computer with access to the internet around 96/97 by your own admission :heh: I don't know of ANY non suburb nikkas having a computer let alone the internet back then. You stay exposing yourself

even if everything youre saying was true(which its not, it still would've had absolutely no bearing on this discussion. its just you getting in your feelings & reaching for straws.

and talk about a self-exposal, this is the dumbest chit ive read on here in a minute. and that's saying ALOT. between this nonsense and your username, youre clearly not black, so stop using the word "nikka".

I knew mad people with the internet in the late-90s. even lames like yourself who aint know nobody, could easily walk in a magazine isle in a black neighborhood and see how the AOL, or other servers' internet discs would always be stolen out of the plastic-covered magazines.

you prolly think all black people who don't live in the suburbs, are on welfare.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Thats what made Big's death so tragic. Bad Boy was on such an incredible run and at the centre of it all was Big. He had the world at his feet and boom...

Voted for Big

ehh, bad boy's peak was really puff & mase.