Big Face Culture: Miami Heat 2023-2024 season thread

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
just a thought. but imo this team plays a little more free & team ball with Herro out. simply because we dont rely so much on him & go with this leaving & dying offense. to me our team looks like the team that made the run last year that made our finals run.

whats your guys thouhgts? again not saying i want herro gone just kinda crossed my mind after watching us play these past couple games without him.

This can be said about most but time scorers:manny:
When they’re out the ball gets swung around more and other players get more touches they normally wouldn’t get

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Juan Wick (Jaquez aka JJJ) has impressed so far. Has many teams regretting they passed him up already.

This is why I don’t question the coaching staff’s decisions anymore When they draft a player when someone else the fans liked was available.

Remember how some of you lost your shyt when we passed up on John Collins to take Bam? I’m not gonna name names but you all know who you are:mjpls:

Like I said sometimes the coaching staff sees something in a player during workouts that they like and they feel he’s the right fit for the system.

Will they sometimes miss on some? Sure. But they have earned the benefit of a doubt

Even the Tyler Herro pick was under a lot of scrutiny and he’s shown he was worthy of the 14th overall pick in the draft. Hell he could have been top 10 if some teams could do it over. Only player (I could think of) picked after Herro that would NO DOUBT go before him in a do over is Kevin Porter Jr and we all know he would have been a top 5 pick if it wasn’t for the injury concerns so Denver lucked out. Might be others but not many. Herro, despite his shortcomings, has proven to be better than many players picked before him

Last edited:

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
This can be said about most but time scorers:manny:
When they’re out the ball gets swung around more and other players get more touches they normally wouldn’t get
true. but imo it isnt our best style of basketball when we run the herro or die offense. this to me is how we should always play ball the ball movement everyone gets involved to me makes everyone want to play more. instead of just standing around watching herro dribble dribble dribble.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Y’all devaluing the meaning of the word beast.

I love the kid but he’s just nice for a rookie
That’s my point. He a beast relative to his status as a rookie. It’s not the fact that he’s getting buckets, his style of play is that of a nba veteran. Post ups, footwork, shooting, pump fakes, off ball movement, slow and controlled offense, strength, defense. Therefore he’s a beast, considering he’s only played in 15 NBA games. You’d want your future to exhibit star potential out the gate. He’s a beast. The word absolutely fits here. Glad we kept him. :hubie:

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’ve seen enough to say blow it up if they can’t get a #1 scorer. This is I think the 4th time they’ve been outscored by 10+ in the 4th or blown a double digit lead in the 4th quarter and were just 16 games in. 9 points over the last 11 minutes and 2 points over the past 4 minutes with no made shots from the field. This isn’t gonna cut it. They have to have the worst 4th quarter offense in the league. Every game they have a 4-5 minute stretch where they don’t score any points and settle for the worst shots imaginable.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
giphy.webp

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Game 1 vs Detroit: Had a 94-75 lead with 9:25 to go and found themselves defending the final shot of the game up 103-102. Outscored 27-9 over the final 9:25 of the game vs a team coming off the worst record in the league last year.

Game 2 vs Boston: Had a 26-16 lead 7:12 into the game and lost 111-119. Got outscored 32-23 in the 4th quarter.

Game 3 vs Minnesota: Back and forth the first 3 quarters before getting outscored 26-17 in the 4th. Herro made it 79-82 Minnesota with 9:34 left. Over the next 6:06 they get outscored 18-1 to lose the game.

Game 4 vs Milwaukee: They win the 4th quarter 41-25 but were down by 24 going into the quarter.

Game 5 vs Brooklyn: Outscored 34-22 in the 4th quarter. After taking an 86-78 lead with 11:30 left in the game they went 3 and a half minutes without scoring to let the nets back into the game.

Game 6 vs Washington: Heat win by 7 and it never got close but again they get outscored 33-20 in the 4th quarter.

Game 7 vs the Lakers: Heat get outscored 18-28 in the 4th quarter, scoring just 8 points over the final 7:39 of the game and not scoring any points for the final 3:50 of the game.

Game 8 vs Memphis: Heat have a 103-92 lead with 3:06 left but Miami has to score on their final shot to seal the game with 18 seconds left.

Game 9 vs Atlanta: Heat lead pretty comfortably all 4th quarter but let Atlanta score 8 points in roughly 60 seconds so they need to execute over the final 2 minutes as opposed to just playing out garbage time.

Game 10 vs San Antonio: Tight game late and they execute to come back and win. The spurs are 3-12 this year though, so them letting it be close late is not good.

Game 11 vs Charlotte: Heat hold the lead and keep it a multi shot game all 4th. The hornets also suck at 5-9 though.

Game 12 vs Brooklyn: Won by 7 and had a comfortable lead the entire 4th quarter. Nets are 6-8 though.

Game 13 vs Chicago: Led 22-1 6 minutes into the game and lost by 5 in regulation. Had an 85-75 lead with 8:04 left and lost 102-97. Got outscored 21-34 in the 4th quarter. The bulls are 5-12 this year. One of the worst losses any good team will have all year.

Game 14 vs Chicago: Won in a blowout like they should have.

Game 15 vs Cleveland: Won in a blowout.

Game 16 vs New York: Maybe a worse loss than vs the bulls. Outscored 11-29 in the 4th quarter.

This is a major red flag this team has. 7 different times in just 16 games where they have been outscored by 9 or more in the 4th and then there is opening night where they got outscored by 7 in the quarter but by 18 over the final 9:25 of the quarter. Pat and Spo need to do something drastic to fix this because this team could easily be 6-10 right now with how they play after halftime and this will catch up to them if they don't fix it.

Last edited:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
:snoop: This is a stupid fukking problem to have, but it’s a problem none the less. We need SOMEONE who can be a playmaker in the 4th. If they’re not getting their own, then they’re making life easier for Bam/Jimmy/JJJ and getting them to their spots