Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

Daps
As much as I love hip-hop, I can admit rappers have to be the most self hating out of all black celebrities. Even the so called legends. Common saying black people need to extend our hands to white people. Nas, Jay-Z, Ice-T and Russell Simmons all giving Gwyneth Paltrow a pass to say nikka. This latest foolishness with Big Daddy Kane. Lil Wayne(Not on the level as the rest musically but still) "Beat that p*ssy like Emmett Till."These rappers are always saying something self hating. I don't take any of them serious and another reason I'm glad I never spend a dime to buy their music and just download it for free.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Interscope has a history of marketing edgy, taboo content to mainstream America and making stars out of rappers who wouldn't be as successful with the same content on another label.
I've purchased 4 Eminem albums and I'm black. But without whiteness, he's not a super star

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
Tupac = Jordan

Jay z = Lebron.. nikkas love the attention

Ice Cube = Kobe... cube and Kobe both dominated for years, both had beef with teammates/partners, both successful outside of their position

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
As much as I love hip-hop, I can admit rappers have to be the most self hating out of all black celebrities. Even the so called legends. Common saying black people need to extend our hands to white people. Nas, Jay-Z, Ice-T and Russell Simmons all giving Gwyneth Paltrow a pass to say nikka. This latest foolishness with Big Daddy Kane. Lil Wayne(Not on the level as the rest musically but still) "Beat that p*ssy like Emmett Till."These rappers are always saying something self hating. I don't take any of them serious and another reason I'm glad I never spend a dime to buy their music and just download it for free.
BDK acknowledging a white MC is in no way self hate, but get your daps...:comeon:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Tupac = Jordan

Jay z = Lebron.. nikkas love the attention

Ice Cube = Kobe... cube and Kobe both dominated for years, both had beef with teammates/partners, both successful outside of their position

where were all these years when kobe dominated??

he was never the best player in the league at any point. and only won one MVP.

when the lakers were actually kobe's team, they had a nice run for a few years when they got pau Gasol, ron artest & them and got lucky that boston couldn't stay healthy. but outside of that, they were just another playoff team that might get to the 2nd round. that's not dominance.

that's why I was about to ask, what exactly is the kobe Bryant of rap??

50 Cent had a huge buzz and had labels bidding for him, but he was still a shelved artist before Interscope. Interscope is the king of pushing controversy and marketing content that is edgy or taboo to the mainstream. Signing with Interscope, 50 Cent is the biggest star in rap at that time and he had #1 records. It's unlikely that it happens on another label besides Interscope. In terms of Shady, D-12 has a platinum album and another album that went double platinum. Obie Trice has a gold album. They had a throwaway mixtape turned compilation that went platinum in 2007.

so you agree that 50 cent had a huge buzz and a bidding war over him, so what are you arguing about??

Eminem is a member of D12, so of course they sold. their solos all went double copper tho.

why didn't obie trice do 50 cent numbers?

nobody even mentions all the others that were signed.

Jay Electronica
Saigon
Papoose
Canibus

All had huge mixtape buzz, too, but look how they turned out

these are all rippity-rappers. 50 cent is a hit-maker. they don't compare.

also, cannibus was the only one whose buzz I would categorize as "huge".
i'll give you jay electronica for 15 minutes when he had that one song 10 years ago. but after that, his name only existed on web forums.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so you agree that 50 cent had a huge buzz and a bidding war over him, so what are you arguing about??

Eminem is a member of D12, so of course they sold. their solos all went double copper tho.

why didn't obie trice do 50 cent numbers?

nobody even mentions all the others that were signed.

What I was getting at is you saying he was big is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. He had a buzz yes but that is small chips in comparison to when he aligned with Interscope. After signing with Interscope, 50 had #1 hit songs and an album that nearly went diamond.

None of D-12's solo material were Shady/Interscope releases.

Obie Trice didn't do 50 numbers because Onie Trice was dropping songs like "Got Some Teeth" as his big single in comparison to 50 having "Wanksta" and "In Da Club".

Nobody mentions the other artists that were signed because the other acts really did nothing after signing to Shady.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Came in to see the coli fake militants' heads explode as they have their panties in a bunch
giphy.gif

There you go.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
What I was getting at is you saying he was big is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. He had a buzz yes but that is small chips in comparison to when he aligned with Interscope. After signing with Interscope, 50 had #1 hit songs and an album that nearly went diamond.

None of D-12's solo material were Shady/Interscope releases.

Obie Trice didn't do 50 numbers because Onie Trice was dropping songs like "Got Some Teeth" as his big single in comparison to 50 having "Wanksta" and "In Da Club".

Nobody mentions the other artists that were signed because the other acts really did nothing after signing to Shady.

im not saying 50 cent wouldve went diamond on another label. but he could've been doing jarule numbers on another major.

so basically; obie trice couldnt make hits nor street bangers, interscope wanted no parts of D-12 if Eminem wasn't on the cover, and nobody cared about the rest of the label at all. btw.what was the name of the group with budden, Royce & them again? I cant even think of that chit.

but yet, we're gonna pretend that 50 cent's success was all the product of the label. OKAY, make another 50 cent.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not saying 50 cent wouldve went diamond on another label. but he could've been doing jarule numbers on another major.

so basically; obie trice couldnt make hits nor street bangers, interscope wanted no parts of D-12 if Eminem wasn't on the cover, and nobody cared about the rest of the label at all. btw.what was the name of the group with budden, Royce & them again? I cant even think of that chit.

but yet, we're gonna pretend that 50 cent's success was all the product of the label. OKAY, make another 50 cent.

And that was the point. 50 Cent on another label other than Interscope is highly unlikely to be anywhere near as successful. And yeah, reducing him to Ja Rule numbers on another label is a far cry from what he did on Interscope.

Breh, you claimed that Shady had no other successful artists which is false.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
And that was the point. 50 Cent on another label other than Interscope is highly unlikely to be anywhere near as successful. And yeah, reducing him to Ja Rule numbers on another label is a far cry from what he did on Interscope.

Breh, you claimed that Shady had no other successful artists which is false.

jarule was a top 3 rap star at one point.

what other successful acts has shady had? you gave me two names.
D12 = Eminem was in the group. we didnt even know the name of his band.
obie trice = bul who dropped the most irrelevant platinum rap album in history.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jarule was a top 3 rap star at one point.

what other successful acts has shady had? you gave me two names.
D12 = Eminem was in the group. we didnt even know the name of his band.
obie trice = bul who dropped the most irrelevant platinum rap album in history.

50 was #1 at one point, so again the Ja Rule comparison is nullified considering 50's status with Interscope.

You said name someone else who was successful on Shady, I gave you two acts. 2> than the 0 you claimed they had. You came with the whole, bu bu Eminem was in the group. Em was hands on with every Shady artist from features to production. When 50 was dropping GRODT, Eminem AND Dre were a part of the interviews and even shared a XXL cover with him.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I agree with the fact some people have good opinions. Some don't. Where we differed was that some opinion such as that set of legends hold more particular weight than the average listener.

Please don't speak for me or my views. I don't think Freddie Foxxx would have gained the same recognition. And I got nothing but love for Bumpty. Rakim was the one who really produced that track anyway.

I also don't agree that legends don't exist. There has to be a distinction. Maybe that's truly the core of our discord.

I never understood the hate for It Was Written besides that the Hip Hop purists at the time felt like they lost the guy who was the first to get 5 mics in the Source back when it was the Hip Hop bible.

Jada's right and its funny you should bring that up. Considering, that the hate Em now receives is now fashionable and the popular opinion when people are more concerned of what people think of them.Similar concept in a way.

I think Em is one of the best lyricists ever. I'd probably hand it Nas as far as number one. I wished this is how our conversation would have started. We're arguing because I believe you called me out first. My problem was that I read page after page of disrespect towards one of the best and influential rappers to ever live. I am part of the Coli so that is not the case and I also I'm not trying to be contrarian. I just think the Em hate on here is ridiculous right now and when everyone's agreeing with everyone, it makes discussions boring. As a result, that causes the Coli to suffer.
why do y'all bother arguing with that self hating fool? he hates being half black and loves him some marshall. stop giving him any time.

lpUX0o.gif

let this cac00n argue about rap with you :hhh:

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/you...a-lay-with-you-true-sinister-exposure.540098/