Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
5e4483c596eee61761366722

Sinister

Banned
Daps
You are neither coach or artist. Given the status and influence of Ra, BDK, and G Rap, I think they can fairly be considered both artists and coaches.

Kane and KRS are both peers and you can't have it both ways. So if KRS can analyze a rapper's skillset than they can too because they all go through the same process.

All four are coaches to Eminem.

Your last sentence totally contradicts itself.

What do you know about how to measure any of the aforementioned aspects besides your opinion how strong each of them are in respect to the artist?

You're just a customer.
Things like flow, lyricism, etc are intangible, subjective, and invisible...but exist. This is why some people can recognize it...and others just don't. Some people don't understand

You don't understand. You don't know me. You are trying to make a point of the messenger and not the message when you don't get the nuances of the message.

This conversation has gone as far as it can due to your personal cognitive limitations if not flat out spite and stubbornness.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Things like flow, lyricism, etc are intangible, subjective, and invisible...but exist. This is why some people can recognize it...and others just don't. Some people don't understand

You don't understand. You don't know me. You are trying to make a point of the messenger and not the message when you don't get the nuances of the message.

This conversation has gone as far as it can due to your personal cognitive limitations if not flat out spite and stubbornness.

How do you know if those skills mentioned aren't evaluated by the previously mentioned artists who mastered all of them.

You're right. I don't know you. I do know you're not a legendary rapper.

However, you are hypocrite. You don't know me either and are totally missing the point that those legends you speak on's opinion possess more weight than yours.

Its very simple to an such extent that I would think you wouldn't require to be redundant in your posts. Ironic that you would bring stubbornness into your argument considering your need to repeat yourself and make no headway.

I'm fine with the conversation being over. Its in your best interest to save your dignity and not deflect further.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t mind the comparison that much but the timing is a bit :huhldup: and kind of a bad omen

This is exactly what I'm saying man. The timing is horrible. I would never compare anyone living, to anyone that just died, under any circumstances. Kane is looking crazy out here.

Fred.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
How do you know if those skills mentioned aren't evaluated by the previously mentioned artists who mastered all of them.

You're right. I don't know you. I do know you're not a legendary rapper.

However, you are hypocrite. You don't know me either and are totally missing the point that those legends you speak on's opinion possess more weight than yours.

Its very simple to an such extent that I would think you wouldn't require to be redundant in your posts. Ironic that you would bring stubbornness into your argument considering your need to repeat yourself and make no headway.

I'm fine with the conversation being over. Its in your best interest to save your dignity and not deflect further.
Some people have good opinions. Some people don't.

Whether or not they are good at what they criticize has a limited effect on the validity of said opinion.

You view these people as legends partially because of their skill but also because of the hype these people have. If Freddie Foxxx would have did "Eric B for president" instead of Ra...he wouldn't have the same reputation amongst the hip hop heads he does today.

If "it was written" didn't blow Nas up commercially far fewer people would have ever heard Illmatic, let alone praise it the way they do.

Legend by definition is something famous and regarded to be true that may not fully be. A legend is damn near a myth.

You know how Jada said there's someone better than Jordan that didn't get that break? It could very well be the same way in hip hop. People shape their opinions based upon what is fashionable and what they think others will think of them.

I think of Em as the greatest living lyricist as far as what I have heard. I don't know why we're arguing. Is it that you feel better telling the entire coli hoh much you don't care about our opinions?

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Some people have good opinions. Some people don't.

Whether or not they are good at what they criticize has a limited effect on the validity of said opinion.

You view these people as legends partially because of their skill but also because of the hype these people have. If Freddie Foxxx would have did "Eric B for president" instead of Ra...he wouldn't have the same reputation amongst the hip hop heads he does today.

If "it was written" didn't blow Nas up commercially far fewer people would have ever heard Illmatic, let alone praise it the way they do.

Legend by definition is something famous and regarded to be true that may not fully be. A legend is damn near a myth.

You know how Jada said there's someone better than Jordan that didn't get that break? It could very well be the same way in hip hop. People shape their opinions based upon what is fashionable and what they think others will think of them.

I think of Em as the greatest living lyricist as far as what I have heard. I don't know why we're arguing. Is it that you feel better telling the entire coli hoh much you don't care about our opinions?

I agree with the fact some people have good opinions. Some don't. Where we differed was that some opinion such as that set of legends hold more particular weight than the average listener.

Please don't speak for me or my views. I don't think Freddie Foxxx would have gained the same recognition. And I got nothing but love for Bumpty. Rakim was the one who really produced that track anyway.

I also don't agree that legends don't exist. There has to be a distinction. Maybe that's truly the core of our discord.

I never understood the hate for It Was Written besides that the Hip Hop purists at the time felt like they lost the guy who was the first to get 5 mics in the Source back when it was the Hip Hop bible.

Jada's right and its funny you should bring that up. Considering, that the hate Em now receives is now fashionable and the popular opinion when people are more concerned of what people think of them.Similar concept in a way.

I think Em is one of the best lyricists ever. I'd probably hand it Nas as far as number one. I wished this is how our conversation would have started. We're arguing because I believe you called me out first. My problem was that I read page after page of disrespect towards one of the best and influential rappers to ever live. I am part of the Coli so that is not the case and I also I'm not trying to be contrarian. I just think the Em hate on here is ridiculous right now and when everyone's agreeing with everyone, it makes discussions boring. As a result, that causes the Coli to suffer.

NYC Warrior

Dat ole real sh*t
Daps
Reppin
BX
:smh:

But this nikka been on some suspect shyt at times throughout the years anyway so.....

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
Most people that got Eminem in their top 5 cant even name 10 90s rappers off the head. White people, yes I’m talking about yall. Em blew up because of his shock value and skills not the content.
I rather listen to Today Is A Good Day from Ice Cube than any song from Eminem right now. shyt, I rather listen to Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice than listen to Eminem music right now. I don’t give a fukk if he ”stick a time bomb in my own mom,cut my left nut off wile singing a boyz to men song”

:shaq2:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Most people that got Eminem in their top 5 cant even name 10 90s rappers off the head. White people, yes I’m talking about yall. Em blew up because of his shock value and skills not the content.

same could be said about how most people who have kobe in their top 10, usually don't go deep into the history.

looks like this is an unintentionally fair comparison.

:manny:

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
same could be said about how most people who have kobe in their top 10, usually don't go deep into the history.

looks like this is an unintentionally fair comparison.

:manny:

Deep into history?

We all know Eminem earned MOST of his platinum sales due to him being white. Like somebody side, If Eminem was black he would most likely be 4 or 5 times platinum selling artist at the most. Em can fart and make stupid monster noises on a album and tell his fans to not support the album and still go 2x platinum. The same can’t be said for Kobe basketball stats. if Kobe was white with the same basketball skills he would still have the same legendary stats. Comparing Em to Kobe is not a fair at all.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Deep into history?

We all know Eminem earned MOST of his platinum sales due to him being white. Like somebody side, If Eminem was black he would most likely be 4 or 5 times platinum selling artist at the most. Em can fart and make stupid monster noises on a album and tell his fans to not support the album and still go 2x platinum. The same can’t be said for Kobe basketball stats. if Kobe was white with the same basketball skills he would still have the same legendary stats. Comparing Em to Kobe is not a fair at all.

you think a black Eminem is selling 4-5 million records?? a black Eminem isn't even going gold homie.

I don't think you really got the gist of my post either, but whatever.