Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

Daps
Reppin
NULL
DAMN, now kayne.
have to move him and Rakim down my list
leaving G RAP as the GOAT rapper now... unless i missed him praising this cac culture vulture
“Let’s see, right now, G. Rap, Nas, Eminem,” Kool G told SOHH when asked who would be in his dream rap group. “I can’t ignore the fact that that boy Eminem is incredible. He’s lyrically incredible. Anybody that’s ever sat and fronted on this dude’s talent is like, come on, man. Stop playing me. I’m a [hip-hop] nemesis and even I can’t ignore the dude’s talent level."

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, not sure if I agree with Kane either, but that's how he feels..

:yeshrug:

I'm not sure where I'd put Em. He's insanely talented and he's written some impeccable songs/verses. But I rarely throw on his music. If it comes on, I'm not changing the channel, but I don't seek out his sh*t.

That said the first few tracks on his new album are crazy...

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Drake = Lebron
No.

giphy.gif

Just no.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Let’s see, right now, G. Rap, Nas, Eminem,” Kool G told SOHH when asked who would be in his dream rap group. “I can’t ignore the fact that that boy Eminem is incredible. He’s lyrically incredible. Anybody that’s ever sat and fronted on this dude’s talent is like, come on, man. Stop playing me. I’m a [hip-hop] nemesis and even I can’t ignore the dude’s talent level."

giphy.gif

Mars

Superstar
Daps
I do find it very odd that Rakim, KRS-One, BDK, LL Cool J, and Kool G. Rap speak very highly of Em, yet he has no (to my knowledge) songs with them as featured guests.

Even when Em was at his peak and arguably the most popular artist on the planet, where were these collaborations? He shouts them out as influences, and they speak highly of him, right?

Politics....Interscope/Paul Rosenberg are the biggest reasons why Eminem has underachieved as an artist over the last 15 years.......Interscope owns the name "Eminem",,,,,,,He is their asset....They will only let Eminem work with the producers/Artists that they want......It made no sense that a passed his prime Rick Rubin produced 4 songs on an Eminem album until Def Jam announced Paul Rosenberg as their new President.

Eminem has the worst team in hip hop.

And again.....Rosenberg being head of Dej Jam/Eminem's manager is a conflict of interest...JMO.

Daps
Hov = Jordan
Drake = Lebron
Wayne = Kobe
Eminem = Bird/Shaq
Biggie = Magic
Pac = AI
Kendrick = Kawhi

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Whether its Ra, BDK, LL, or G Rap, its their opinion.

They're some of the greatest of all time.

I respect their opinion more than Benzino, MGK, or any of you average Joes.
Being skilled and being analytical are 2 different things.

Someone like Mike Tyson has a way better legacy in the ring than a valuable opinion when actually talking about boxing.

Joe Budden was way more skilled at actually rapping then he is at ...articulating an opinion in a way that makes sense.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Being skilled and being analytical are 2 different things.

Someone like Mike Tyson has a way better legacy in the ring than a valuable opinion when actually talking about boxing.

Joe Budden was way more skilled at actually rapping then he is at ...articulating an opinion in a way that makes sense.

Joe Budden is biased. And wrote a love song to Em. Slaughtermouse?

Had do you know how analytical any of them are? Considering how analytical they are in their writing styles and writing skills, I doubt any of you posters have a superior ability to do so themselves.

Its more or less an Em hate circle jerk and dissing someone who accomplished more for Hip Hop than you posting is supposed to mean something to BDK?

Bob Costas had won numerous awards as being a sports analyst. How high do you place his opinion?

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Joe Budden is biased. And wrote a love song to Em. Slaughtermouse?

Had do you know how analytical any of them are? Considering how analytical they are in their writing styles and writing skills, I doubt any of you posters have a superior ability to do so themselves.

Its more or less an Em hate circle jerk and dissing someone who accomplished more for Hip Hop than you posting is supposed to mean something to BDK?

Bob Costas had won numerous awards as being a sports analyst. How high do you place his opinion?
It's not the opinion itself all the time. It's the evidence they are using, the validity of the examples, the ability to point out something that others haven't previously, how consistent they are etc.

When Game says something like "I feel MGK beat Eminem because nobody expected him to go at Em so hard" I think it's stupid because he's comparing MGK's work with an expectation that was formed based on MGK's previous work. He was not comparing the records that Em and MGK made to one another...which is the actual relevant comparison.

when Charlatan da fraud said he didn't respect Wayne saying he'd kidnap Beyonce because it was obviously not realistic Envy immediately pointed out that Jay talks about murking people in a way he clearly won't all the time.

When Budden said HE DIDN'T EVEN LISTEN TO REVIVAL it immediately destroys any credibility he had because you don't have enough information to accurately judge music you haven't listened to.

If you can explain and understand things like flow, lyrics, pocket, how good a beat is, how well someone matches the beat, stays on beat, delivery, etc it means more than just saying you like or don't like something.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Politics....Interscope/Paul Rosenberg are the biggest reasons why Eminem has underachieved as an artist over the last 15 years.......Interscope owns the name "Eminem",,,,,,,He is their asset....They will only let Eminem work with the producers/Artists that they want......It made no sense that a passed his prime Rick Rubin produced 4 songs on an Eminem album until Def Jam announced Paul Rosenberg as their new President.

Eminem has the worst team in hip hop.

And again.....Rosenberg being head of Dej Jam/Eminem's manager is a conflict of interest...JMO.
Never occurred to me:ohhh:

Hold this rep.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
It's not the opinion itself all the time. It's the evidence they are using, the validity of the examples, the ability to point out something that others haven't previously, how consistent they are etc.

When Game says something like "I feel MGK beat Eminem because nobody expected him to go at Em so hard" I think it's stupid because he's comparing MGK's work with an expectation that was formed based on MGK's previous work. He was not comparing the records that Em and MGK made to one another...which is the actual relevant comparison.

when Charlatan da fraud said he didn't respect Wayne saying he'd kidnap Beyonce because it was obviously not realistic Envy immediately pointed out that Jay talks about murking people in a way he clearly won't all the time.

When Budden said HE DIDN'T EVEN LISTEN TO REVIVAL it immediately destroys any credibility he had because you don't have enough information to accurately judge music you haven't listened to.

If you can explain and understand things like flow, lyrics, pocket, how good a beat is, how well someone matches the beat, stays on beat, delivery, etc it means more than just saying you like or don't like something.

Game's anaylsis was he went hard. None of your criteria fits that.

Not sure why you're bringing up Charlamagne.

Thanks for proving my point about Budden.

You don't think any of the legends that have been mentioned are experts of your criteria. And not better at analyzing and doing so that the average poster than you?

Get real, son.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
Game's anaylsis was he went hard. None of your criteria fits that.

Not sure why you're bringing up Charlamagne.

Thanks for proving my point about Budden.

You don't think any of the legends that have been mentioned are experts of your criteria. And not better at analyzing and doing so that the average poster than you?

Get real, son.
There's a difference between a coach in a player. Artists are blinded to their own weaknesses. This is why they have so many consultants, collaborators etc. When artists go strictly off their own opinion...you pretty much end up with Eminem who is incredibly inconsistent when it comes to quality of music.

I do have a great respect for Kane specifically though having heard him speak on many things from the Ice t movie to Vlad interviews to seeing his explanation on what "freestyle" means.

Someone like KRS-ONE on the other hand who is one of the best performers in hip hop history and speaks out a million times more often than Kane is both lyrically weaker than Kane...but also doesn't make as much sense. Kane has so much of a strong and long running relationship with KRS though...he would never say anything like what I just said.

I think you think being great means you know better. That's not how it works. You can recognize talent, skills, and other things you don't personally possess and also not be that good in recognizing skill in others.

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
There's a difference between a coach in a player. Artists are blinded to their own weaknesses. This is why they have so many consultants, collaborators etc. When artists go strictly off their own opinion...you pretty much end up with Eminem who is incredibly inconsistent when it comes to quality of music.

I do have a great respect for Kane specifically though having heard him speak on many things from the Ice t movie to Vlad interviews to seeing his explanation on what "freestyle" means.

Someone like KRS-ONE on the other hand who is one of the best performers in hip hop history and speaks out a million times more often than Kane is both lyrically weaker than Kane...but also doesn't make as much sense. Kane has so much of a strong and long running relationship with KRS though...he would never say anything like what I just said.

I think you think being great means you know better. That's not how it works. You can recognize talent, skills, and other things you don't personally possess and also not be that good in recognizing skill in others.

You are neither coach or artist. Given the status and influence of Ra, BDK, and G Rap, I think they can fairly be considered both artists and coaches.

Kane and KRS are both peers and you can't have it both ways. So if KRS can analyze a rapper's skillset than they can too because they all go through the same process.

All four are coaches to Eminem.

Your last sentence totally contradicts itself.

What do you know about how to measure any of the aforementioned aspects besides your opinion how strong each of them are in respect to the artist?

You're just a customer.