Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

hcobbland84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That’s his opinion. A lot of the legends are going to ride with artists I may not rank highly.

I do find it very odd that Rakim, KRS-One, BDK, LL Cool J, and Kool G. Rap speak very highly of Em, yet he has no (to my knowledge) songs with them as featured guests.

I’ll go a step further.
Canibus, whom many unfortunately consider an afterthought in hip-hop has recorded and released more songs with the “Golden Age” artists than Em has, with the most recent being from 2017 with Kool G. Rap. You can make a legit argument that past 1999 or 2000, there was no financial incentive for any artist to record a song with Canibus. Yet cats from the Golden Age, still recorded with him.

Even when Em was at his peak and arguably the most popular artist on the planet, where were these collaborations? He shouts them out as influences, and they speak highly of him, right?

Cats are looking funny in the light.

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
That’s his opinion. A lot of the legends are going to ride with artists I may not rank highly.

I do find it very odd that Rakim, KRS-One, BDK, LL Cool J, and Kool G. Rap speak very highly of Em, yet he has no (to my knowledge) songs with them as featured guests.

I’ll go a step further.
Canibus, whom many unfortunately consider an afterthought in hip-hop has recorded and released more songs with the “Golden Age” artists than Em has, with the most recent being from 2017 with Kool G. Rap. You can make a legit argument that past 1999 or 2000, there was no financial incentive for any artist to record a song with Canibus. Yet cats from the Golden Age, still recorded with him.

Even when Em was at his peak and arguably the most popular artist on the planet, where were these collaborations? He shouts them out as influences, and they speak highly of him, right?

Cats are looking funny in the light.
Nah, they respect the CRAFT of EMCEEin and lyricism.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Eminem = Deron Williams..had a great stretch and a horrible fall off, now he is in his Cleveland version of D Will

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The only way you can make this equation is if you say they both started off hot with rap/basketball legends backing em, had a stretch where they were making solo music that was straight but didn't lead to rings, and got back in a winning situation in the late 2000s/early 2010s, where they should've later probably ended it around 2013

...actually this comparison kinda does work:patrice:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
How? Jordan is the most skilled/best basketball player ever...2pac isn't even close to being the most skilled/best rapper ever. He's in my top 5 but it's not for skills or being the best at anything, it's more for impact and how he conveyed emotion/feeling on his shyt. Not to mention his career was only like 5 years long.

Jay-z isn't a perfect "Jordan of rap" fit but all things considered, he's realistically the closest one when you take into account all the accolades and the success and the longevity and the influence and the skill level, especially early on. If you were to ask who's the Jordan of rap I think most people would say Jay-z
@bolded: thats being best at something. Pac is arguably the best at emotion/cadence and delievery. Im no supporter of Pac being Jordan either. But really no one is in rap.
But Pac wasnt "best at anything" Lol really?

@italicize: Outside of industry nikkas, not alot or "most" are calling Jay the Jordan of rap. Maybe in NY, but no one is calling Jay that outside of it(excluding Jay fans)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Yes he is. Not on the Coli, lol, but look at all them Top 50 lists that everybody was doing a few months ago, Eminem is basically in everybody's Top 10. I'd have him closer to 10 than 5 on my list but given everything he's accomplished career wise, not to mention the skill level, he gotta be in the Top 10 ever unless you just hate him
nope and he will keep dropping on those lists

Ems legacy and status has deteriorated over time. He doesn't even rap better than Royce

Kobe had rings... does Em have classics?

nikka just dropped another forgettable album. any legend not named Em is held to much higher quality standards.

nah

1 arguably

so if the only criteria for a GOAT he can fill is technical ability then he ain't it.

everything he's accomplished career wise means a lot of sales :russell:

Budda

Superstar
Daps
How? Jordan is the most skilled/best basketball player ever...2pac isn't even close to being the most skilled/best rapper ever. He's in my top 5 but it's not for skills or being the best at anything, it's more for impact and how he conveyed emotion/feeling on his shyt. Not to mention his career was only like 5 years long.

If we were just looking at popularity and name recognition I actually think Snoop is the closest thing to the Jordan of rap, he is easily the most known rapper in the world, he could actually be the Rap logo or sumn if there was one, lol

Jay-z isn't a perfect "Jordan of rap" fit but all things considered, he's realistically the closest one when you take into account all the accolades and the success and the longevity and the influence and the skill level, especially early on. If you were to ask who's the Jordan of rap I think most people would say Jay-z.

Jordan was not the most skilled basketball player ever...

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
I hate these type of threads. Dudes out here arguing in circles when rappers are more subjective and can't be quantified the way a basketball player can due to the large number of stats available.