Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Damn those Delta changes are harsh. They really trying to get rid of the churners

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
It’s not about that.

Delta spent the whole pandemic until now building value in their product and separating themselves from the competition and became almost unanimously everyone’s airline of choice.I noticed all of this a couple of years ago.

Demand for air travel is high right now, the airlines have the advantage and are going to focus on driving profit by catering to people who spend money on those cards. And paying attention to how crowded lounges got it was obvious they were so going to shake shyt up
What is it about ???

United is the hub around me. I've never once been on a delta flight.

Lounges been a thing forever they haven't been crowded until the you tubers came out pushing aspirational travel through credit cards. Now they moving the goalposts back.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is it about ???

United is the hub around me. I've never once been on a delta flight.

Lounges been a thing forever they haven't been crowded until the you tubers came out pushing aspirational travel through credit cards. Now they moving the goalposts back.

We can blame YouTube but what was most impactful was AMEX lowering the platinum card approval requirement bellow 700 FICO and bringing in record amounts of new card holders back in 2021.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
We can blame YouTube but what was most impactful was AMEX lowering the platinum card approval requirement bellow 700 FICO and bringing in record amounts of new card holders back in 2021.
This, they wanted to expand the user base and make it less exclusive to get more money short term. A lot of people only keep the card a year or two before the AF hits then bounce. Once all those people churn we should be back to normal. I’ve been to centurion lounges globally at least 40 times and never had a wait longer than 5 minutes. Middle class people LOVE to complain about nothing though :manny:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This, they wanted to expand the user base and make it less exclusive to get more money short term. A lot of people only keep the card a year or two before the AF hits then bounce. Once all those people churn we should be back to normal. I’ve been to centurion lounges globally at least 40 times and never had a wait longer than 5 minutes. Middle class people LOVE to complain about nothing though :manny:
I remember when the Plat card meant something. Now it's just another cc

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Spence

Superstar
Daps
:sas1: Just added the delta skymiles gold to my wallet to get that priority boarding. Plus the benifits on Amex platinum.

I don’t fly one particular airline more than the other and if they aren’t dangling 1st class in front me of me then I’m booking the cheapest fair available. I’m rolling with wife, 2 toddlers, in laws and my parents in tow usually though so my needs are way different.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t fly one particular airline more than the other and if they aren’t dangling 1st class in front me of me then I’m booking the cheapest fair available. I’m rolling with wife, 2 toddlers, in laws and my parents in tow usually though so my needs are way different.
Makes sense. Im flying delta 90 percent of the time and Im using the Sky Club.

My miles, status, lounge access and airline credits are all optimized for Delta and I have a strong preference for them over any other airline.