Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
so a lot of Delta changes today for Amex plat people and Delta Amex card users
  • Starting January 1, 2024 all members will earn status through MQDs only. There will no longer be Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualifying Segments (MQSs). Rollovers won’t be lost but can be converted to MQDs or miles.
  • Delta SkyMiles Reserve and Delta Reserve Business American Express Card Members will receive 10 Club visits per Medallion Year starting Feb. 1, 2025. Unlimited access after spending $75,000 in a calendar year for that calendar year and the following calendar year.
  • Delta SkyMiles Platinum and Delta Platinum Business American Express Cards will no longer provide Club Access
  • Effective January 1, 2024, eligible Card Members with Basic Economy (E) fare tickets (or similar “Light” or “basic” tickets issued by a Delta partner) will not have access to the Delta Sky Club.

Beginning on Feb. 1, 2025, Delta will limit how many times you can visit a Sky Club in each program year, as follows.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
to make matters worse the Delta miles program is changing completely
it's no longer going to be based on miles :francis:
The airline has historically awarded elite status to members who earn a set number of MQDs and Medallion Qualifying Miles (MQM) or Medallion Qualifying Segments (MQS). MQDs are earned based on the cost of your ticket, MQM is based on miles flown and MQS is based on the number of flight segments you take.

Those chasing elite status can waive the MQD requirement for Silver, Gold and Platinum Medallion status by spending $25,000 on premium Delta credit cards. Diamond Medallion requires spending a whopping $250,000 to earn an MQD waiver.

But this all changes next year. Starting Jan. 1, 2024, the airline will axe the MQM or MQS requirement and only require travelers to meet an MQD requirement. These requirements will be significantly higher than year’s past and — even worse — the MQD waiver will no longer be offered. This change comes just a year after the airline increased MQD requirements for Gold, Platinum and Diamond Medallion status.

Here’s a look at the changes:

Silver MedallionGold MedallionPlatinum MedallionDiamond Medallion
Current requirements25,000 MQM or 30 MQD.

$3,000 MQD or MQD waiver.
50,000 MQM or 60 MQS.

$8,000 MQD or MQD waiver.
75,000 MQM or 100 MQS.

$12,000 MQD or MQD waiver.
125,000 MQM or 140 MQS.

$20,000 MQD or MQD waiver.
Beginning January 1, 2024$6,000 MQD.$12,000 MQD.$18,000 MQD.$35,000 MQD.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
it doesn't really affect me much because I only travel maybe 2 or 3 times a year but if you're a frequent flyer and delta is your fav this might suck for you

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
it doesn't really affect me much because I only travel maybe 2 or 3 times a year but if you're a frequent flyer and delta is your fav this might suck for you
I usually fly about 2-3 flights a week (depending if I've 1-2 cities to hit during a round-trip) and this shyt is goofy as hell :dead:

They nerfed half their branded cards and completely removed the chance to pay to even get into the damn lounge. Its insulting. ATL alone has like 7 lounges...wtf are they gonna do with those? :heh:

People complained all this shyt was too packed...oh well now NONE of yall get in.

Imagine this shyt...you only get TEN passes a year unless you drop 75K :dead:

man WHAT? :heh:

My entire group chat is basically saying they're gonna drop their cards cause the ROI just isn't there anymore

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I've only used the Sky Club once or twice since I got my Delta Plat last year, shyt was always crowded in Atlanta. Plus I never get to the airport more than 2 hours before boarding, so it's useless to me. I don't even know how to interpret the changes lmao. Currently:

Screenshot-2023-09-15-at-4-56-08-AM.png

For me lounges are only worth it on long haul and ultra long haul layovers and those lounges shyt on Delta

Last edited:

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
At the airport lounge...

Coli bro: Terribly sorry sir. but uh. do you guys have any Grey Poupon?

Delta lounge employee: Nah, but I just found my next mark to poop on.

Delta left you out in the storm
A popular phrase is when it rains, it poors
What's a great way to join a "secret" club?
Get a credit card that cost 700 bucks
A mile high club where nobody is fukkin'
Except Delta and AMEX took your back and front end
Getting you to pay for no access was some pimp shyt
You ate up all the food and never flew, good riddance

Last edited:

KillerPups

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Sorry for my delta bruhs...Hope no other airline follows suit....but this is the airline industry giving less for more is their mo.

This what happens when to many people hyping up something in YouTube.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry for my delta bruhs...Hope no other airline follows suit....but this is the airline industry giving less for more is their mo.

This what happens when to many people hyping up something in YouTube.

It’s not about that.

Delta spent the whole pandemic until now building value in their product and separating themselves from the competition and became almost unanimously everyone’s airline of choice.I noticed all of this a couple of years ago.

Demand for air travel is high right now, the airlines have the advantage and are going to focus on driving profit by catering to people who spend money on those cards. And paying attention to how crowded lounges got it was obvious they were so going to shake shyt up