Biden to reclassify Marijuana from Schedule 1 to Schedule 3

O.G.B

Real O.G.
Bushed
Daps
This is a big deal because many states have ALREADY legalized both medical and recreational marijuana…but the shyt was still illegal at the federal level.

Now folks in those states will be able to chill knowing that they won’t get hemmed up on federal charges.

Respectfully, this makes absolutely no sense at all considering that Schedule 1 drug classifications cover penalties for LARGE quantities of Marijuana with the intent to sell/distribute/traffic/grow. Thus, all this new Marijuana classification will do is to lessen the federal penalties somewhat for similar offenses.

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2021-12/Trafficking Penalties.pdf

Furthermore, people still forget that the federal government can still ultimately enforce its drug laws even in states where marijuana is legal at the state level.

If your state is trash as fukk and still has the shyt as illegal then that’s on you and the voters within your state… :yeshrug:

The state I reside in (Missouri) has legal marijuana (rec/med/grow) :blessed:

it's trying to set the tone nationally, and move towards people not getting arrested for possession :yeshrug:

The best way to set the tone would be to completely legalize it nationally.

the Dems need to start pushing decriminalization, not legalization. start shaming Republicans that arresting adults for possession is not a "small government" position

Agreed.

because frankly, i don't have a problem with people who don't want where they live turning into Denver :dead: so pushing full legalization isn't even a great move

Pushing/passing full federal legalization still won't/wouldn't change the law/laws for the states who still choose to prohibit weed consumption.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
There will be no end to us being targeted for arrest because of this weed bullshyt...:beli: oh i smell weed have you been smoking... smfh... it just will never fukking end...

Stop whining. :mjlol:

Them rescheduled weed as a schedule drug doesnt decriminalize it at all. Its still illegal under federal law.

If it's schedule III that means it's illegal without a prescription, like Tylenol with codeine.

I take Adderall, which is a Schedule II drug, and it's perfectly legal with a prescription (though I have to re-up with a doctor every 3 months to make sure I'm not crushing pills and snorting them.) :mjlol:

What is your argument again?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Took em long enough wtf but they always do shyt like this on election year

Gotta cop them votes somehow
Keeping campaign promises is a good thing. Besides, this process was initiated one-and-a-half years ago.

From Oct. 2022: Statement from President Biden on Marijuana Reform | The White House

Aug: 2023: Report: Leaked HHS Letter Calls Upon DEA to Reschedule Cannabis

The letter, dated August 29th, comes ten months after the Biden administration requested “the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General to initiate the administrative process to review expeditiously how marijuana is scheduled under federal law.” While campaigning for the Presidency, Biden repeatedly promised that he would seek to reschedule marijuana.

The HHS recommendation now goes to DEA, which will conduct its own scientific review. In the past, the DEA has employed its own five-factor test (which differs from HHS’ criteria) to determine whether or not cannabis ought to be rescheduled.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop whining. :mjlol:

If it's schedule III that means it's illegal without a prescription, like Tylenol with codeine.

I take Adderall, which is a Schedule II drug, and it's perfectly legal with a prescription.

What is your argument again?

That doesnt get rid of the laws against it, dude. If the laws are still in the books and protected federally then you better know when and where to use it because its still illegal federally. Its really just performative bullshyt

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
:smugbiden:
Dank Brandon putting in work everyday :wow:

"That'll get the nigras back on my side. They love reefers." :smugbiden:

:stopitslime:

Good, guess he sees the numbers and is worried about the young vote, but regardless #freepalestine :ufdup:

Let's not be arrogant here...Trump is up in the swing state polls.

Hopefully he doesn't win, but if the election was today I'd be extremely nervous :francis:

Dark Brandon is growing on me. I used to say I'm not a fan in particular. But now I think I like him.

To be clear. I'd vote for one of you (non MAGAt) Brehs before I'd vote for Trump. I'd vote for my supervisor at work who I think is an idiot over Trump. Even a smart animal like a bird that can talk well or an octopus that can open a jar.

Anyway. This is a good move. If you're hating on this you're just a hating ass treacherous c00n.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sounds like pandering bullshyt to me. like slow slogging movement...:francis: :comeon:
You all see this, right?

1. He's arguing in favor of x issue.

2. Another poster explains that that's what's being done.

3. Instead of accepting this and tailoring his criticism for the real roadblock, he throws his hands up and claims it's just pandering.

Like, what the fukk is this?

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
That doesnt get rid of the laws against it, dude. If the laws are still in the books and protected federally then you better know when and where to use it because its still illegal federally. Its really just performative bullshyt

...and?

The same applies for my Adderall example above. If it's schedule III that means doctors can deem it medically necessary and prescribe it; this means people won't get prison time for a dimebag of weed.

What is this whiny bullshït? :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Exactly this nikka said stop whining but we still being arrested for this bullshyt?!?:what:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
That's only a few elections and Biden's approval was much higher in 2020.

Look, I don't want another Trump presidency but it's EXTREMELY arrogant to think a president with <40% approval is guaranteed to win

Honestly all it really says is that he's partisan :yeshrug: if Trump did the same thing he'd be talking about how Trump is better for the black community
No. EXTRA LOUD AND SLOW FOR YOU:
I
DON'T
GIVE
A
fukk
ABOUT
WEED

There are literally dozens more pressing issues at hand. He's throwing whatevers meaningless shyt at the wall hoping it sticks
Can you still get arrested for it?!?! what ive seen is that in certain states they can lock your black ass up for it still... if it's not decriminalized nationwide what's the point. election year shenanigans..:dead:
Exactly. Basically a nothing burger federal regulation which doesn't affect/change the state laws for casual/regular weed consumers.
You already know, but the Demosexuals are acting like this is world changing, of course :mjlol:
Both siding ass maga shilling ass nancy regan reefer madness bozo :umad:

Ayo do you think black folks are the only ones who smoke weed? :dahell:
You really think he did this to pander to black folks? wtf is wrong with your dumb ass

No wonder you’re a republican supporter you sound just like a cac!

You sound bitter as fukk. :mjlol:

You trying to say only Black people smoke weed, or Black people are the only ones who have been lobbying for marijuana decriminalization? :mjpls:

Dark Brandon is growing on me. I used to say I'm not a fan in particular. But now I think I like him.

To be clear. I'd vote for one of you (non MAGAt) Brehs before I'd vote for Trump. I'd vote for my supervisor at work who I think is an idiot over Trump. Even a smart animal like a bird that can talk well or an octopus that can open a jar.

Anyway. This is a good move. If you're hating on this you're just a hating ass treacherous c00n.

Last edited: